Hi, does anyone know of a solid guide on how to build a proxy for an online game. I know my c, just nothin about networkin, and i want to build myself for tibia. Ive got the examples from winpcap compiling, and i can read packets, but i really dont know if this is whats meant by "proxying". My understanding of a proxy is having an application which recieves the packets, reads them, and then sends them off to the client, and visa versa, client->proxy->server, not just reading and sending an extra one (i havent got around to sending anythign yet). anyway, if anyone has some c code lying around which does ^^ i was wonderin if i could have a look at it, or direct me towards a good guide.

One last thign, when i do send a packet, is it as simple as making a packet with the right header (so it goes to the right place) and then saying send, or is it a lil more complex than that. I see WPE pro uses socket ids. Could someone also explain to me what a socket id is and how to obtain one from a running application. Thanks.