Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Question Cheat Engine Won't Change Values

Hey folks, just wanted to post quickly and ask about CE on a new game I've been playing, "Trove." It's a voxel based game similar to Minecraft, however it's more based around adventure and killing than it is building and creation. In the game there are stats that come with different pieces of gear. Two stats that I have been trying to change are Physical Damage and Jump (how many time's you're able to jump in a row). I narrow down to two values most of the time, however after I change both values, the value just changes back or changes to something completely random. In one instance it kept changing from the original value, to the modified value, in a rapid fire type fashion. Any chance you guys know what's going on here, or what I'm doing wrong? Is it because these are server sided values? Thanks!

Edit - I'm used both CE 6.2 and 6.4.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Punch the screen, that usually works for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Smoke (10-28-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Yes, if they are server sided values, you won't be able to change them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeyz346 View Post
    Yes, if they are server sided values, you won't be able to change them.
    ^ what shadeyz said

the values are not put in your computer, they are placed on the game's multiplayer servers.

Thanks
    Search for YouTube tutorials that's the only way around it, doesn't need to be about the same game . Just take the idea on how it's done

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    some things are protected agaisnt being changed randomly,sometimes their values are saved in a few places and they update each other.
    Vouch thread

Quote Originally Posted by foginho81 View Post
    Hello guys,5 mins ago i dowloaded this program, in 2 minutes i cracked an account, so i purchased Premium for supporting and have unlimited features!

A+++ Tool GREAT CODER!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkiller198 View Post
    I just purchased a Premium account and I haven't had any problems with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ImShan View Post
    Vouch for this guy!

I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiiKFO View Post
    Vouch bought premium works very well
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade324 View Post
    vouch i just bought premium it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzombiesg View Post
    Vouch for him

I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoPvP View Post
    VOUCHE: Yep, you are a legit seller, and I like the stuff you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNGaming View Post
    Premium Purchased

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Find the static address...and use pointer scan
    ᚛C☢dℝin3᚜
    Love you.
    ~Kenshit13
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaterman26 View Post
    COD3RIN PUT A BACKDOOR ON HIS OWN CHEAT HE HACK MY COMPUTER AND MY STEAM, DON'T TRUST THIS GUYS !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Search for YouTube tutorials that's the only way around it, doesn't need to be about the same game . Just take the idea on how it's done
    nonsense. People that just copy from youtube tutorials without even knowing what they do are stupid. These values are serversided, there is no way to change them in any way.

check out this thread: /showthread.php?t=868825&page=2&highlight=trove
    Last edited by chris20194; 12-23-2014 at 03:47 AM.

سبحان الله وبحمدة سبحان الله العظيم
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Heres a trick how to know if the values for specific address server sided or client sided.

if there is a clock in the game or something similar, go to advanced options on CE and pause the game for few seconds ( lets say the clock was like 16:04) after like 10 seconds unpause it and if it gets to 16:05 means its client sided, if it jumps to 16:15 means its server sided and values are cannot be edited.
    And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpot View Post
    Heres a trick how to know if the values for specific address server sided or client sided.

if there is a clock in the game or something similar, go to advanced options on CE and pause the game for few seconds ( lets say the clock was like 16:04) after like 10 seconds unpause it and if it gets to 16:05 means its client sided, if it jumps to 16:15 means its server sided and values are cannot be edited.
    perfect example.

Thanks
    Pretty late on this but I shall give it a try anyways.

I'm new (yay) to cheat engine 6.4. I'm using it to change the value of a premium currency in a game so that I can get premium content for free.
    All is well until I go into a loading screen and then the value of the premium currency is reduced to 0 even if I actually had gotten some the "honest way." Is this because the currency is server side and only updated when I enter a loading screen? Or is there maybe an address that I'm not seeing from my memory scans? Using 4 byte actual value and never did any other because it always seems to work fine.

Also I should mention that I used it on the normal currency and it doesn't go down to 0. Same with resources.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 360noscope420blazeit View Post
    Pretty late on this but I shall give it a try anyways.

I'm new (yay) to cheat engine 6.4. I'm using it to change the value of a premium currency in a game so that I can get premium content for free.
    All is well until I go into a loading screen and then the value of the premium currency is reduced to 0 even if I actually had gotten some the "honest way." Is this because the currency is server side and only updated when I enter a loading screen? Or is there maybe an address that I'm not seeing from my memory scans? Using 4 byte actual value and never did any other because it always seems to work fine.

Also I should mention that I used it on the normal currency and it doesn't go down to 0. Same with resources.
    Everytime you try to hack something, think of this first: IS IT SAVED IN THE ACCOUNT OR ON THE PC?

- if it's saved in the account (inventory, items, money, ect) you don't even need to try. All you will do is changing the number displayed, but the actual amount will remain unchanged.

- If it's saved/calculated locally (position, movement, actions, ect) you have a chance that you can hack it. especially teleport hacks are very hard to block and onl.y very few have those serversided (league of legends for example)