Thanks

this game is dead

convince me otherwise?

How's the market looking for accounts?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chazstic For This Useful Post:

Maik8 (03-02-2021),monch0 (03-05-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazstic View Post
    Yeah, that's dead, and getting deader and deader every month.

Look at one of the old hacked client threads; example: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=837017. They all have over 10,000 downloads (my example has over 14,000 actually).

Deca killed the game by removing the browser version, and that's a fact. 3,000 players (and declining) is nothing compared to what we used to have just here on MPGH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky Way View Post

Look at one of the old hacked client threads; example: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=837017. They all have over 10,000 downloads (my example has over 14,000 actually).

Deca killed the game by removing the browser version, and that's a fact. 3,000 players (and declining) is nothing compared to what we used to have just here on MPGH.
    Look at the chart, it goes back to 2013 which was in the stead 1000s to now which is peak low at 1.5k or peak high (2.3k when I just looked). Doesn't really look like the game is dipping below the old stats that are shown

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

Chazstic (03-20-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Look at the chart, it goes back to 2013 which was in the stead 1000s to now which is peak low at 1.5k or peak high (2.3k when I just looked). Doesn't really look like the game is dipping below the old stats that are shown
    The game lost many players, but is nowhere near dead just yet, the old player-numbers are only the steam users (non-flash clients).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I feel like most ROTMG players won't be playing through steam except for maybe newer ones. I doubt deca will ever share the actual player count, but honestly with the way the game is built even just a few hundred people can keep it going on normally just by keeping at least a few realm portals up. Well at least as far as just playing the game goes. We are seeing a huge downshift in the hacking/trading community because of the unity update breaking hacks + vault updates breaking RWT automation or muledump configurations. Still if you want to believe the game is dead then that is your personal conclusion, In my perspective I find a very active community.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beex For This Useful Post:

Chazstic (03-20-2021),Maik8 (03-14-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beex View Post
    I feel like most ROTMG players won't be playing through steam except for maybe newer ones. I doubt deca will ever share the actual player count, but honestly with the way the game is built even just a few hundred people can keep it going on normally just by keeping at least a few realm portals up. Well at least as far as just playing the game goes. We are seeing a huge downshift in the hacking/trading community because of the unity update breaking hacks + vault updates breaking RWT automation or muledump configurations. Still if you want to believe the game is dead then that is your personal conclusion, In my perspective I find a very active community.
    Not to come of as rude, but the new updates didnt break shit. If anything automation became easier. No need to run around vault.

Thanks
    pro fortnite players are playing now, i thkn the game has a boom coming

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Based on the fact that daily, usw3 is full with 100+ queue to get into the server and 3-8 other servers are almost maxed I'd say that its alive and thriving!
    The trading community has definitely taken a hit due to mules being harder to access, but its definately not dead as I've personally made several hundred transactions on my listed offers over the last week alone.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    The game is alive. Don't know how else I can convince you
    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks

The two metrics you've chosen here are incomparable. 3,000 players is the total players for one day. For 10,000 downloads, that's cumulative, meaning that's 7 years of total downloads. So you're comparing one metric that relies on a one day time-frame vs. a metric that relies on a 7 year time frame, allowing the 7 year one to be heavily biased upwards.

If anything, you need to compare the daily active users in 2021 to the respective months in previous years. If you do this, you'll see that the player count is way up. For example, March 2021 had 1,972.4 avg players; compare that with previous March years.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swrlly For This Useful Post:

Maik8 (04-17-2021),Matthew (04-24-2021)

Thanks

I support

Then maybe in minecraft?)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swrlly View Post
    The two metrics you've chosen here are incomparable. 3,000 players is the total players for one day. For 10,000 downloads, that's cumulative, meaning that's 7 years of total downloads. So you're comparing one metric that relies on a one day time-frame vs. a metric that relies on a 7 year time frame, allowing the 7 year one to be heavily biased upwards.
    That is absolutely ridiculous. The hacked client downloads all happened within a time frame of several days at the most.

If you wish to continue playing this dead game and pretend it's still alive, more power to you. I know for a fact that whenever I log in, the nexus is nearly empty and all realm portals are sitting at <10 players, and that's that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    That is absolutely ridiculous. The hacked client downloads all happened within a time frame of several days at the most.

If you wish to continue playing this dead game and pretend it's still alive, more power to you. I know for a fact that whenever I log in, the nexus is nearly empty and all realm portals are sitting at <10 players, and that's that.
    On what servers do you play?
    Many servers do have at least one completely fileld realm (85+ ppl) and some like usw3 are sometimes full.