Thanks

3 muslims killed in cold-blood, north carolina

Why is it that Charlie Hebdo got so much attention after being killed by 'terrorists', when a 'man' who kills 3 muslims barely gets any attention, even though it is in a quite well known place?

I know the Charlie case was exploding on MPGH, but I bet only a few here have heard about the North-Carolina accident.

"Three college students were shot to death in their home in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on Tuesday night near the University of North Carolina in what officials say may be a hate crime.

The three students — a man, his wife and her sister — were Muslim, raising concerns that they were targeted because of their faith.

Police have yet to confirm a motive, but the 46-year-old suspect, who is currently in custody, posted anti-religious remarks on Facebook. The murders are being investigated as a hate crime.

Craig Stephen Hicks, who has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder, posted several messages and a photo of a gun before the shooting. He appeared in court on Wednesday morning where he was denied bond and assigned a public defender."

I'm not a muslim, btw, but justice should have no preferences.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:

LordKevo (02-13-2015),mhmoode (02-14-2015),Ticherhaz (02-12-2015),WarWood (02-12-2015),Xenyst (02-13-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Some reports were suggesting an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking is to blame, not that it lessens the crime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by olympicwiz View Post
    Some reports were suggesting an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking is to blame, not that it lessens the crime.
    Killed all 3 of them for a parking spot ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Innalillah hiwainna lillah hirajiunn.
    They died with honour.
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticherhaz For This Useful Post:

WarWood (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by olympicwiz View Post
    I could understand, but those same reports indicated the fact that muslims were killed, not people.
    I wonder why it doesn't say 'atheist kills muslims' if it were to be about the religion, or 'man/lunatic kills three innocent students' if it were to be about the parking spot.

They really had to put muslims?
    I agree that bad deeds are being done but damn mate, civilization came up to the 21th century, now it's going back to the middle-ages.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Religion is a great thing isn't it?
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by gadsila View Post
    Killed all 3 of them for a parking spot ?
    They do that in US.. there have been shootings over a parking spot in extremely overpopulated areas.
    Clearly absolute madness if this was the reason. I just saw it mentioned on some news reports thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

I could understand, but those same reports indicated the fact that muslims were killed, not people.
    I wonder why it doesn't say 'atheist kills muslims' if it were to be about the religion, or 'man/lunatic kills three innocent students' if it were to be about the parking spot.

They really had to put muslims?
    I agree that bad deeds are being done but damn mate, civilization came up to the 21th century, now it's going back to the middle-ages.
    I agree with you completely. It is just mass media trying to create a sensation to sell papers etc. They see it is very topical so they report in this manner.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

The media outlet most likely called them Muslims to stress the fact that it was a 'hate crime'.

They have to show that this man held bias against the group and this may or may not have escalated into the crime. Don't simply assume that because the media outlet that you are referencing called them Muslims that they mean to detract the seriousness of the act.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    It's because they were Muslims that they got no attention.

Ignorance is bliss in many people.

Lets take Ebola for example, no one gave a shit about it while it was in africa, but as soon as an american got it was a word wide trending topic

Theme = IGNORANCE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    LAPD on alert after surge in violence: 4 days, 16 shootings

Unarmed (was carrying replica gun) 15-year-old mistakenly shot by LAPD

---------------

But you know everyone stop what you are doing, three Muslim people were killed in a hate crime earlier this week.

I'm not trying to say that I don't care about the three individuals wrongfully robbed of their lives. What happened to them was truly terrible, however what happened was local news in a relatively insignificant place. It isn't that "Because they were Muslims they got no attention." but rather "Because they are Muslims they are getting attention."
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

Ignorance is bliss in many people.

Lets take Ebola for example, no one gave a shit about it while it was in africa, but as soon as an american got it was a word wide trending topic

Theme = IGNORANCE
    ^ ^ ^ that.

/2short