Thanks

Running Runescape on a Chromebook using Linux

This is a bit of a long shot but I'm desperate.

I'm running Unity on my Samsung Chromebook (using the standard Crouton method most people use to dual boot). I originally did this so I could run Eclipse and work on programming from the Chromebook. Everything worked fine and I got everything up and running for my Java course at uni.

However now I'm trying to play Runescape and it's fighting me. I've followed numerous guides online that seem simple and work for other people, but no luck. I've installed JRE but when trying to play in browser I still get the "Please install Java" message, though my terminal assures me that JRE is installed and up to date. Another guide had me install an actual app to play from the desktop. When clicking on this app nothing happens, when trying to run the app through the terminal I get these error messages :

Code:
    WARNING: Running in fallback mode!
    rsu-queries will use the system perl so some API calls may not work until you install certain modules
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
    WARNING: Wx::WebView module not found, API calls using Wx::WebView will not work
    WARNING: LWP::Simple module not found, API calls using LWP::Simple will either use alternative methods
    WARNING: List::MoreUtils module not found on the system, using the version provided by the client instead!
    Use of uninitialized value $apicall in substitution (s///) at /opt/runescape/rsu/apiquery.pm line 43.
    Use of uninitialized value $apicall in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/runescape/rsu/apiquery.pm line 46.
    syntax error at (eval 35) line 2, at EOF
    ...caught at /opt/runescape/rsu/apiquery.pm line 46
    If anyone has experience running Runescape on Linux I would really appreciate some help!
    Last edited by COD3RIN; 04-18-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Proud member of MPGH since 2009

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Try to use another OS like Windows 7 or 8
    ᚛C☢dℝin3᚜
    Love you.
    ~Kenshit13
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaterman26 View Post
    COD3RIN PUT A BACKDOOR ON HIS OWN CHEAT HE HACK MY COMPUTER AND MY STEAM, DON'T TRUST THIS GUYS !