Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

If you think Scientology is stupid, think again

I don't believe in any religion, but here's a point:
    Scientology, today, is currently operating in the exact same fashion that the Middle Ages Church operated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Scientology is just as valid as any other religion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (09-24-2015)

Thanks
    Scientology is what exACTLY? sorry dont care enough to google it. Based off the way it sounds, is it the belief of science over religion about our creation?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by spdgear View Post
    Scientology is what exACTLY? sorry dont care enough to google it. Based off the way it sounds, is it the belief of science over religion about our creation?
    So.....when people call you an idiot, you know why, right?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

So.....when people call you an idiot, you know why, right?

Thanks
    Scientology is the only 'religon' that is deemed "dangerous".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Turner View Post
    Scientology is the only 'religon' that is deemed "dangerous".
    No it's not.......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Scientology is just as valid as any other religion.

It's not a religion. It claims to be one, and technically bypasses the dictionary definition of cult, but its a cult. Let me give you 2 reasons.

1. Any time a 'religion' forces an individual to cut off contact with friends and family members, that is a big warning sign. They don't want 'seeds of doubt planted in their heart'.

2. L. Ron Hubbard was a madman. His friends admitted it. Scientologists wont tell you what they believe, they entice you in and force you to stay once you are in. (search up Scientology agents stalking documentary. I believe the BBC produced one. It's great.)
    His books are pure science fiction. All he created them for was for power, money, and respect. (Honestly half of legitimate religions are started the same way)

Look up what scientologists believe. Do research on their 'Agents'. Its terrifying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by oioichipsahoy View Post
    It's not a religion. It claims to be one, and technically bypasses the dictionary definition of cult, but its a cult. Let me give you 2 reasons.

1. Any time a 'religion' forces an individual to cut off contact with friends and family members, that is a big warning sign. They don't want 'seeds of doubt planted in their heart'.

2. L. Ron Hubbard was a madman. His friends admitted it. Scientologists wont tell you what they believe, they entice you in and force you to stay once you are in. (search up Scientology agents stalking documentary. I believe the BBC produced one. It's great.)
    His books are pure science fiction. All he created them for was for power, money, and respect. (Honestly half of legitimate religions are started the same way)

Look up what scientologists believe. Do research on their 'Agents'. Its terrifying.
    1. That's exactly what christians and muslims do. Except Muslims have been recorded to say that apostasy is worth the death penalty.

2. Isn't this exactly similar to Christianity/Islam? Don't chrisitans say "jesus loves you" to people who have no clue who Jesus is? Don't they give hellfire and brimstone speeches to people who don't even believe their god exist, much alone the entire mechanics of their religion?

Anything you can criticize scientology for, you can criticize another major world religion for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

1. That's exactly what christians and muslims do. Except Muslims have been recorded to say that apostasy is worth the death penalty.

2. Isn't this exactly similar to Christianity/Islam? Don't chrisitans say "jesus loves you" to people who have no clue who Jesus is? Don't they give hellfire and brimstone speeches to people who don't even believe their god exist, much alone the entire mechanics of their religion?

Anything you can criticize scientology for, you can criticize another major world religion for.
    I partly agree. I am by no means associated with ANY religion, (even though I was raised extremely traditional lutheran) but some denominations (e.g. unity church, church of england) aren't complete assholes. They may be wrong, but are considerate of progressive ideals. However, there are the completely wanky denominations like southern baptists, where they call you up to a stand and force you to pray to jesus. That is wrong. Someone, no matter the age, should not be forced into a religion or lack thereof. If they want to believe in an unnecessarily vehement and begrudging god, let them. If it brings them comfort, let them. As long as they don't shove their bullshit down my throat, I have no problem with them.

Again, there are plenty of 100% bigoted denominations, but most of them don't cut off communication with family (at least from my experience as a former christian).