Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Looking for an up to date, multi box / multi client method.

Hello, previous threads have said to vm softwares. In said threads it was discussed that Oracle Vm does not work and that VMware does.

VMware costs money as far as I can tell, so I have 2 questions now.

1, how do so many people here have access to such a costly program?

2, VMware runs the game almost as equally bad as the Oracle system, and as of this moment I am forced into window mode and the screen flickers with every pixel I move my mouse. Anyone have any ideas about this or maybe a better idea for me to use?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoJon View Post
    Thanks in advance
    VMWare Player is free, and can run one VM.

If you want VMWare Workstation to run more than one simultaneously (if your pc can handle it), then arrrr mate!

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    2, VMware runs the game almost as equally bad as the Oracle system, and as of this moment I am forced into window mode and the screen flickers with every pixel I move my mouse. Anyone have any ideas about this or maybe a better idea for me to use?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    ANYONE??????

Thanks
    When i first started using vmware, everything was fine. Full screen gameplay at 50 ish fps SUPPOSEDLY. Randomly a few days ago it started forcing window mode on me.

is this the way it is suppose to be?

Thanks
    is this the way it is suppose to be?
    What are your computer specs? If you have the game set to lowest vid settings (in-game) and the game flickers, it often means your hardware is not up for it.
    Specifically, what CPU, GPU, RAM (speed and total vs allocated), and HHD/SSD.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    my specs are not an issue, maybe what I have allocated IS, BUT I did not fiddle with any settings until AFTER it already starting forcing window mode on me. Before that the game was running perfectly fine in stretched window full screen mode.

anyway my specs are as follows

i7 quad core 2.0 w/ 4 hyperthreads
    8 gigs of ram
    2 gig nvidia 560
    500gig basic w/e hhd

The game runs perfectly fine on setting 8 ingame on my actual machine, its just in the vm it runs like my left ass cheek.

Before having issues I was running both perfectly fine fullscreen on setting 0 ingame, then randomly it started forcing window mode out of no where. When I go to the settings ingame all the options for fullscreen or other resolutions are greyed out like I'm missing game files or something.

---edit---

Ive tryed reinstalling the game on the same vm, didnt help.
    Ive tryed reinstalling the os and the game, didnt help.
    I tryed using the oracle vm, Idr if it fixed the fullscreen but was hack detected instantly.

I do not know else to try, I do not mind the window mode, just want the strobe light bs to go away.

---edit 2---

OH the flickering is only when I have the game open, otherwise while in my desktop everything looks perfectly fine.
    Last edited by PacoJon; 03-30-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks
    OH the flickering is only when I have the game open
    99% chance it's a hardware issue

i7 quad core 2.0 w/ 4 hyperthreads
    8 gigs of ram
    2 gig nvidia 560
    500gig basic w/e hhd
    this is not nearly enough info...
    what model i7? there is a HUGE difference between a 920 and a 4770k. What ram speed, and are they 2 x 4gb or 4 x 2gb? What HHD speed and how old is it, if you don't know the model number?
    How many cores and how much ram do you allocate to the VM?

Thanks
    AGAIN, the flickering IS ONLY in the vm, my game runs 100% flawless on my machine.

I do not remember what "default" settings I had the vm on when it was first working, but ever since the first time it forced window mode on me it has done so ever since, regardless of vm settings chosen or fresh install status.

I tried with fresh installs of the game and vm
    I tried without having "installed" all the vm os updates.
    I tried with having "installed" all the vm os updates.

nothing seems to be helping,

Its the i7 **2760QM** quadcore
    2 Elpida chipped BUT ASint stickered 4gb 1333 ram sticks
    and 2 WD Scorpio Black 500GB BPKT possibly 5400 rpm hhds

maybe its much easier for me to tell you that it is a stock version of an Asus G74 sx, the model they sell at places like bestbuy and fry's. BBK9

Hope this helps you help me, again I really do not mind the window mode, I'll play like that (99.99% of the time the logged in account is afk anyway), it's just the pixel by pixel strobe light flickering that's going on that I can't stand.
    Last edited by PacoJon; 03-30-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks
    AGAIN, the flickering IS ONLY in the vm, my game runs 100% flawless on my machine.
    I'm not sure why you don't believe me. I can almost promise you it's a hardware issue just by this symptom. In my case a while ago, I had only 2 RAM sticks, and the # of sticks was the bottleneck for my system and caused black flickering if I went over that limit.

Your processor is barely able to handle a VM. You must realize that it takes twice or more the effort to run Vindi in a VM (for the same in-game settings) than it does to just run it on the host. And your processor down-clocks when the system gets too hot. You could try putting your laptop on an external fan stand, but I do no think this is the issue.

My biggest suspect is your HHD. 2 years ago, when the game was much less intense than it is now, I was barely able to run 2x VMs plus the host (so 3 instances simultaneously) on a 2x 4gb RAM and a 7200RPM HHD. My RAM was barely able to handle this, but was ok, so even with the jump in required hardware resources in the last 2 yrs, yours should be ok. But your 2.5" eco-friendly laptop HHDs, even 2 of them, will be slower than my one 3.5" HHD, even though yours is probably also 7200 RPM. If you switch to a SSD, this should remedy the issue. The other thing you could try is to move all your OS/VM software stuff to one HHD, and just move the actual VM to the other, to divvy up the job more evenly. But my guess is your HHD read speed will still be too low.

Thanks
    I'm not trying to argue or contradict you, if my hhd is the issue then so be it, I'm trying to make it clear though that at some point before all this I was fine running the game and only 1 vm "fullscreen" both at 0 setting in game with no problems.

I shut the vm down and shortly after for whatever reason i booted it back up to keep playing and it began forcing window mode on me, maybe that is why I am so I guess confrontational about my specs?, because it was working 100% fine at some point.

Everything is on 1 hhd, my real os, the vm, and 2 copies of the game technically. I will try shifting over to the 2nd hhd as you mentioned it could possibly help with loading up on the hhd.

My question is, everything being on 1 hhd, there is no lag in anything, everything runs at proper speed or w/e, just the flickering I can't figure out. If I was over loading my hhd, wouldn't I see some kind of fps or performance loss somewhere?

(game lockups, slightly longer than usual loading times, something...)

Beside that I still do not see how the hhd can effect video performance or output, wouldn't that be a video card and/or video card driver / directx driver issue?

Thanks
    If I was over loading my hhd, wouldn't I see some kind of fps or performance loss somewhere?
    Probably not in the VM. Yes to the host (if you were running both at the same time).

Beside that I still do not see how the hhd can effect video performance or output, wouldn't that be a video card and/or video card driver / directx driver issue?
    Those could cause it also, but those are not the only ways it could happen. Also, unless you specially setup your VM, by default the VM graphics use your RAM. Your GPU will kick in if you have your VM screen up, but it should be pretty dormant otherwise. I have 2 Vindis running on this computer as I'm typing this, but VMWorkstation is minimized. I have about 35% global CPU usage, and 0% GPU, running on a 2700k (about 40% faster than yours), 4x 4GB ram and two SSDs, one for the OS one for the VMs.

Thanks
    So, you are using full fledged workstation to run it?

I had a cracked version at first when it was "working", then when it stopped someone corrected my misconception that there is a free single vm version of the same program.

I tryed that to see if anything would change.

By default I believe the settings are 2 gigs of ram and maybe 1 gigabyte limited for the "video".

I have an ultra book as well beside my main system and I made the settings equivalent to the ultra book I was trying to replace, which are

IDR what speed core dou
    4 gigabytes of ram
    a 250 gig WD scorpio blue hhd
    and a ahhhh "hybrid" nvida G210m 512mb video chip? Not really sure where the 512 is pulled from or if it is standalone

but point is, that system can run the game at 50+fps at in game setting 0 or w/e the lowest is.

I can't really remember anymore but I think I had the vm set to,
    2 cores
    4 gigs of ram
    and limited to 512mb of video when I first started tinkering with this program

Either way it worked as it should in full screen for a while I think 2-3 days and then this forced window mode started happening out of no where.

Again, I can live with the window mode, in some cases games run better that way anyway (no need for fsaa or w/e the initials are),
    I just want to kill the flickering. I feel like I'm damaging my screen or video card some how whenever that is going on.

Thanks
    By default I believe the settings are 2 gigs of ram and maybe 1 gigabyte limited for the "video"
    A VM uses nothing from the GPU by default. It only uses your CPU/RAM/HHD. And unless you have Workstation and are willing to dig into forums, you can't easily change this.

I just want to kill the flickering
    Telling you bud, it's either the HHD (most likely) or you need another stick of RAM (less likely). You can spout out all day that it worked for you once, but the game is constantly changing, and the game has ridiculously poor code in it. Every patch the game only gets bigger and heavier to handle. Also, running the game in your VM is way more taxing than on your host. I'm not sure why you are under the impression a VM uses your GPU at all; it doesn't. The host will use the GPU to render the graphics - but ONLY if you actually have the VM window up and the stuff is playing live on your screen. On your host, Vindi will split up the workload between your GPU and CPU and both types of ram; in the VM, it only uses the CPU/RAM.

Thanks
    NO NO, I was saying by default if settings are not altered, that is what is chosen for a vm when it is first created. I think you asked me what settings I had on it at some point, or maybe someone else did, IDR.

Granted we have different systems and setups, but do you think you can share with me what settings you have for your vm cpu and ram then? I know there are certain visualization options inside of the cpu tab that the average joe shmoe should not be messing around with.

For some reason back when I remember all of them be active by default even though I have no idea what any of them mean or do. Perhaps I have a certain small twink on that should not be?

OHH, I've moved the vm to my 2nd hhd now, Idr if you suggested I do that, but it does make sense to not have everything on 1 drive. Sort of how they say you do not want to put big programs like PS on your system drive.
    Last edited by PacoJon; 03-31-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast