Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Jesus christ. I could get higher than a 2.4 even if I didn't show up to school.
    Successful Trades: 52

Scammed Trades: 6

Vouch Profile!

Thanks
    m8. let me tell u this right now. screw everyone saying that your gpa is shit. with that 2.4 u can make ur dreams come true.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Not sure what you're getting at.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachikuji View Post
    m8. let me tell u this right now. screw everyone saying that your gpa is shit. with that 2.4 u can make ur dreams come true.
    Not really, I was just joking earlier :|

Thanks
    Your grades in higher education (higher than high school). The higher it is the better you'll have chances to get hired (provided that you have connections for the job). It ranges from 0 to 4 where 4 is basically getting 100% in all assessments and stuff.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I've got 3.0 right now, but only because I was sick through half of the second semester.

Thanks
    GPA is an average of your grades that is measured by points. Contrary to what the retards here will say, GPA is very important, and anything less than 3.0 is nothing to be proud of. Think of it this way: GPA is a measure of work ethic, your knowledge attribution is measured through the ACT and SAT, national tests that have been recognized to accurately measure your knowledge and your absorption of knowledge.

The reason that colleges and jobs put such high expectancy on GPA is because of what the GPA measures, work ethic and dedication, characteristics of anyone pursuing a higher level education.
    @Predator
    You act as if the requirements that many of the colleges in California poses are different from every other state in the United States. Most states in the United States have their selection of adequate 4-year universities where 3.0+ and a 21ACT+ is the average acceptance and I'd go the length to say that most states have their exclusive prestigious colleges, the 3.7-4.0 and ~28ACT.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    You has a 2.4? Damn kid ur dumb
    You cant really tell how smart someone is by GPA but rather who is applying themselves and who isn't. American Public Education is a fucking joke, its so fucking easy.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post
    GPA is an average of your grades that is measured by points. Contrary to what the retards here will say, GPA is very important, and anything less than 3.0 is nothing to be proud of. Think of it this way: GPA is a measure of work ethic, your knowledge attribution is measured through the ACT and SAT, national tests that have been recognized to accurately measure your knowledge and your absorption of knowledge.

The reason that colleges and jobs put such high expectancy on GPA is because of what the GPA measures, work ethic and dedication, characteristics of anyone pursuing a higher level education.
    @Predator
    You act as if the requirements that many of the colleges in California poses are different from every other state in the United States. Most states in the United States have their selection of adequate 4-year universities where 3.0+ and a 21ACT+ is the average acceptance and I'd go the length to say that most states have their exclusive prestigious colleges, the 3.7-4.0 and ~28ACT.
    More then half of americans would be college less if colleges used 3.7+ gpa. I have a 3.4 right know cause my first sememster is all F's right know until i go to 2 more saturday school to make up my attendance. But it should bump up soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assistive View Post

You cant really tell how smart someone is by GPA but rather who is applying themselves and who isn't. American Public Education is a fucking joke, its so fucking easy.
    Ha! If you think america is a joke, go to india. Even more of a joke. Take america's education x 1000 and you get india's education system. VERY CORRUPT.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post
    I was referring to the colleges in California like you mentioned. Sure research online will find you answers but not all of them. In my case I have both personal and online information that I used when I was applying. The colleges in California are different. Sure there are prestigious ones such as Stanford but California has its share of very good colleges too. The UC system here very diverse and there are tons to chose from and that brings in a lot of applicants. The information you find online on the acceptance rate and average SAT scores and GPA are somewhat true but coming from a person who went all of that its better to be safe then sorry.

The colleges that I'm referring to are the UC's. They do have a select GPA and SAT score that they refer to. The amount of people applying to those schools is crazy so a high GPA is needed if you want to have a good chance. You can't compare UC's to regular state colleges in other states. The UC's have no definite GPA scale or SAT scale to be based on, it changes based on the applicants and these applicants all happen to have a 3.5 or higher. Students in California tend to want to go to a UC so the in state SAT scores and GPA are very different compared to other states.

I'm not saying they are different (to an extent) but why not set the bar high for yourself and guarantee a spot?

On the side note, I know have a friend who had a perfect 4.0 throughout middle school and a 4.5 by the end of highschool and with a solid 2300 on the SAT. They still couldn't be accepted into Stanford. The schools here in California expect more of their applicants, its fact.

- - - Updated - - -

UC Davis, a semi good UC

- - - Updated - - -

UC Berkley

- - - Updated - - -

UC Irvine, A decent UC

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind this was just 2014. The scores increase each year because the competition is increasing.

Although these are the averages if you put yourself near that range you have a chance. Saying that, thats still in the 3.7 region.

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    Ha! If You Think America Is A Joke, Go To India. Even More Of A Joke. Take America's Education X 1000 And You Get India's Education System. VERY CORRUPT.
    Never said it was the worst, but it is still a joke.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I worked my ass off for my 4.1 GPA and 2000+ SAT score but now that I am applying I realize that getting into the good schools does not mean sht if you dont have the cash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12