Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I definitely approve of getting him back.

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Merccy2 View Post
    Thats kind of the difference between users and other mods, you had to fill his spot ASAP while the users life goes on (seemingly without effort of anyone while it is actually the effort of the other mods).

Imo everyone wants Color back because he actually did more than approve files and delete thread, he answered questions (sometimes), he took part in discussions, something I haven't seen from any other CS:GO mod.

It seems that Color actually liked CS:GO while the others do it as their job (I don't want to insult anyone, just stating my feelings).

Choosing Color as the new mod is something the community wants but quite possibly not the best choice as he has let the MPGH staff down once before and that is a bad sign.
    If you want to find a replacement for Color you should chose someone that likes CS:GO and takes part in its discussions and also knows how to check files, I suppose those are rare :P.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to split those things? Get mods that analyze files and mods that keep the community cancer free by removing shitposts.
    @Color You were a good mod but you kind of fucked everything up by quitting so suddenly (and then wanting to come back later) and yes I still like you :P.
    Cannot disagree, and before he quit, he was one of our most active and best staff members. Unfortunately, whilst I do take community input into consideration on all staff decisions we make, the new positions are for the entire Steam section, not just CS:GO, so we have to look at all applicants as a whole package, and not just how popular they are in any particular section.

I'm actually surprised to see such support for Color, since I would receive some reports, mentions, and messages regarding his long approval times, or lack of expediency in moderation. Not to mention the constant spam in threads clamoring for approval, there were also some approvals that shouldn't have happened and that put members at risk. Overall though, he was a good staff member, and there is more than one spot open. His resignation without previous warning, and other aspects could be detrimental to his application, but he, like all other applicants, has the same chance to be selected. It will come down to what we feel would best serve the site and the sections.

Despite what he might say, I am not 'mad' nor do I consider it a reason to be angry. However like any business, if an employee quits without warning, then comes back a few days later asking for a spot back, it will reflect badly on them. Our trust is diminished, and we worry it will happen again (as it has happened many times in the past).

Anyway, thanks for your comments, as not everyone has the presence of mind to look at it from our perspective.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (05-08-2015),Cataclypse (04-30-2015),Color (04-30-2015),jkfauvel (04-30-2015),[MPGH]Mayion (04-30-2015),Royce (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post

I'm not human?
    buddy it was used as a metaphor as in humans are bound to make mistakes so what if you did made a mistake.. shit happens sometimes so we should learn to let go of it.. so hopin to see you back asap!! cheers

- - - Updated - - -

i am not an expert LIZ and i can completely understand ur situation and how u feel and i totally agree with ur dilemma but we are in support of color for his efforts and the minions are not working even to 20% of what he used to do. i knw he applied again and you have all the worries about hiring him again but now a days evry1 deserves a second chance. dont they i am not asking you to favour any1 but just be considerate when you decide as your decision would reflect and affect the members too. i hope everythn works out and let this community be a happy one once again. and i am sorry liz if my thread got you angry by any means.. sorry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merccy2 View Post
    Thats kind of the difference between users and other mods, you had to fill his spot ASAP while the users life goes on (seemingly without effort of anyone while it is actually the effort of the other mods).

Imo everyone wants Color back because he actually did more than approve files and delete thread, he answered questions (sometimes), he took part in discussions, something I haven't seen from any other CS:GO mod.

It seems that Color actually liked CS:GO while the others do it as their job (I don't want to insult anyone, just stating my feelings).

Choosing Color as the new mod is something the community wants but quite possibly not the best choice as he has let the MPGH staff down once before and that is a bad sign.
    If you want to find a replacement for Color you should chose someone that likes CS:GO and takes part in its discussions and also knows how to check files, I suppose those are rare :P.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to split those things? Get mods that analyze files and mods that keep the community cancer free by removing shitposts.
    @Color You were a good mod but you kind of fucked everything up by quitting so suddenly (and then wanting to come back later) and yes I still like you :P.
    this is what makes a minion, not a someone who just does it for logs, merccy2 for minion whew

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

jkfauvel (04-30-2015),Yemiez (04-30-2015)

We always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Just a reminder, it is nearing the end of spring semester when many of us students have multiple tests to prepare for. Additionally, Mayion and Normen are away. On top of that, I have 8 tests and 3 cumulative projects to work on this and next week. So please do not get all worked up about hacks not being approved at your pleasure.

Member - IX.MMX
    Donator - XII.MMXI
    Middleman - IV.MMXII
    League of Legends Minion - V.MMXIV
    Editor - VI.MMXIV
    Other MMORPGs Minion - X.MMXIV
    Call of Duty Minion - XII.MMXIV
    CrossFire Minion - II.MMXV
    Steam Games Minion - III.MMXV
    Minion+ - IV.MMXV
    Former Staff - XI.MMXV

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cataclypse For This Useful Post:

-Julia (04-30-2015),Brugam3s (04-30-2015),jkfauvel (04-30-2015),[MPGH]Mayion (04-30-2015),Royce (05-01-2015),soshy (04-30-2015),Yemiez (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    This is gay.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Your comment is so ignorant..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I find it kind of hard to be active in the CS:GO community when cleaning the section alone takes half of my day, not to mention files approvals.
    Suspicious files may take up to an hour on my part since I go even deeper within the analysis process since most viruses are released here so you should keep that in mind. Still, not to mention that as staff I/we have more sections to take care of and more attachments to handle and as all of you, We're people and we have lifes. That doesn't mean we won't do our jobs as we have to but give us an exception since we're in exams period and busy in general.

On my part, take this as a promise, from the start of the next month you'll notice the difference since I will have enough time to moderate the section.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mayion For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (05-08-2015),Cataclypse (04-30-2015),Royce (05-01-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
    I find it kind of hard to be active in the CS:GO community when cleaning the section alone takes half of my day, not to mention files approvals.
    Suspicious files may take up to an hour on my part since I go even deeper within the analysis process since most viruses are released here so you should keep that in mind. Still, not to mention that as staff I/we have more sections to take care of and more attachments to handle and as all of you, We're people and we have lifes. That doesn't mean we won't do our jobs as we have to but give us an exception since we're in exams period and busy in general.

On my part, take this as a promise, from the start of the next month you'll notice the difference since I will have enough time to moderate the section.
    they don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This is gay.
    ur gay, gay boi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123