Thanks

Wanting to learn gmod lua to create custom addons

Hey, guys. I'm looking for some tutorials or anything on creating custom addons in garrys mod. I have about 1.2 hours on the game and i really want to get into custom addons because i have a lot of good ideas. Some might tell me to drop it while i can and say its "too hard", so before i get any of that let me tell you a little bit about me. I started coding about 5 years ago, and i still code to this day. I am a proficient coder and i've looked at many different languages, mainly c#, c++, java, python, ruby, html, javascript, and php(very little). I've done a lot of those 3 languages and had a lot of experience with object oriented programming in java. I'd like to expand my knowledge of coding to lua. I know most will recommend the wiki, which i have looked at and it is very resourceful, however, i learn better by seeing an example first.

I know someone will ask "well if you are so good at coding why cant you just pickup lua scrub?"

well im sure it won't take me long to learn lua, and im sure ill pick it up fast. I just need something small to get me going.

I appreciate any answers. Please do not flame this. This is a serious inquiry.

Thanks
    https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Main_Page
    https://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html

seriously, just read up on it

for addons you simply just drop your shit in the addons folder ( there is a very helpful wiki page on this )

as for 'examples', you can simply google that too. I wouldn't recommend looking here for examples as most of the shit here is just bad.
    Last edited by ehex; 05-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.