View Poll Results: Do You Think There Is Extraterrestrial life in the universe?.

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Yes

10 62.50%
  • No

0 0%
  • Kinda? Maybe?

2 12.50%
  • Science Stuff!

2 12.50%
  • LOLOLLO GET OUT OF HEER U AUTISKITK RETURD LOLO U ALL DUMASSES

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Some corrections are needed to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by αяgуяσѕ View Post
    ...it would take 9 years just for light to travel 1 billion of light year...
    1) As poster above me stated, light needs 1 billion years to travel the distance of 1 billion lightyears.

...the universe is supposedly only 93 Billion Light Years...
    2) As far as I'm aware the most distant galaxy is roughly 14 billion light years away,

...The closest planet with the same conditions as Earth and to be able to host any intelligent being is probably roughly a couple billion of light years away..
    3) Actually it may not be that far away. For instance, Kepler telescope has already found more than 1000 planets in our own galaxy. And some of them are Earth-like planets within habitable zone (distance from the star that allows water to be in iquid form). For example, star Gliese 581 has at least two planets that can potentially have Earth-like conditions, and they're just roughly 20 light years away.

Thanks
    If we exist, then there are for sure aliens somewhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I would have to say Yes. The universe is so vast we can't even comprehend how large infinity really is, no one can or will. I find it hard to believe that us, just a spec are the only living beings in this universe. I try to keep an open mind and I'll believe we are not alone until the day my life ends on this planet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I have no doubt that there is other life out there, the only thing that worries me is that they probably will be way smarter than us. Our brain capacity may seem like an ant's knowledge compared to theirs.

Also the only benefit they will have in contacting us is resources, which will probably result in us becoming their slaves.
    [IM=3987906]Add me on IM[/ IM]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    yeah im an alien

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by d1spenser View Post
    Has it been proven that extraterrestrial life exists? No. Is there a possibility that extraterrestrial exists? Yes, it is very likely.

Our own existence is a very good argument. If life can exist on Earth, then out of billions of planets there must be some with similar conditions where life could form too. Not only that, but in our own solar system there are a few potential habitable worlds:

1) Mars. Life hasn't been found there so far, but at least some evidence was found showing that in the past it was a much more hospitable world. Evidence of liquid water that once flown there were found. I've also read about possibilites of origins of methane that could be either produced naturally or through breathing of primitive organisms. However, the fact that this planet has no magnetic field and very tiny atmosphere to protect its surface from sun radiation greatly reduces a chance of anything surviving there. So if any life exists there, it has better chances to survive underground.

2) Icy moons of gas giants. There are lots of them, the most well known candidates are Enceladus (Saturn moon) and Europa (Jupiter moon). Below the ice shell of these frozen worlds it is believed that there is an ocean of liquid water. Tidal forces from their massive gas neighbours heat these moons from the inside. There is no sunlight, but it was proven that sunlight is actually not crucial component of life: deep in the oceans of Earth where sun rays couldn't reach anything exotic life forms still exist. Enceladus and Europa are probably the best candidates to look for extraterrestrial life in solar system.

3) Titan (Saturn's moon). This one is quite mysterious: it is the only world that has liquid on its surface besides Earth. There are rivers, lakes, oceans... but they are not made out of water! They are actually filled with gazoline-like liquids, it even rains there with them. The atmosphere is actually similar to Earth's (most of it is nitrogen) but instead of oxygen there is lots of methane (which may indicate life presence too). In addition, it may contain a liquid ocean of water under it's surface.
    Pretty much sums it up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    100 percent yes
    You asked me if I was in the meth business or the money business. Neither. I'm in the empire business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12