Thanks

Any way to bypass Application blocks?

Me and some buddies want to play some counter-strike after school next week but I recently found out that they have what is called Sophos Protection and it hosts something called Application control where it has a massive library of blocked games. For example, if you were to try and open CS 1.6, a notice on the taskbar would say "Controlled application blocked by Sophos, File "Where its located" of controlled application 'Valve Corp. Games' (of type game) has been detected.

Any way to bypass this?
    [IMG]https://cloud-2.steamuserconten*****m/ugc/537394315973730503/995818C631945DA4F86BBC0AD929A773183C3673/[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by supra1336 View Post
    i wanna work as a coder but i find it borin as fak. perhaps carpenter i donknow. i wanna build 45 degre roofs. i have done once before but i almost saw my foot of..f

Thanks
    there are plenty of ways, it just depends how limited you school account is.

Making the assumption that you are on a windows machine, can you access the control panel? how about task manager? Do you have any administrative access on the computer you are trying to play on?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
    there are plenty of ways, it just depends how limited you school account is.

Making the assumption that you are on a windows machine, can you access the control panel? how about task manager? Do you have any administrative access on the computer you are trying to play on?
    All schools have students working off a guest account. They don't have any admin rights.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Is "Sophos Protection" a Program? if it is, uninstall it.

Thanks
    Look guys, my school isn't stupid, I have no access to the C drive or to change anything on the machine itself, its pretty much a guest account. And also Sophos protection is a kind of anti-virus software for server computers.
    Last edited by MultiplayerHackz; 05-29-2015 at 07:58 AM.
    [IMG]https://cloud-2.steamuserconten*****m/ugc/537394315973730503/995818C631945DA4F86BBC0AD929A773183C3673/[/IMG]

i wanna work as a coder but i find it borin as fak. perhaps carpenter i donknow. i wanna build 45 degre roofs. i have done once before but i almost saw my foot of..f

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Assistive View Post

All schools have students working off a guest account. They don't have any admin rights.
    That's not true at all.

I'm at school right now, and because I am a networking student I have administrative access. That's pretty much the only reason I can get on MPGH at these times.

Quote Originally Posted by Exist? No View Post
    Is "Sophos Protection" a Program? if it is, uninstall it.
    It's a virus scanner as well as a content filter. You can't just uninstall it if you don't have special privileges.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Well you can get an admin account very easy, there are a lot of tutorials on internet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiplayerHackz View Post
    Look guys, my school isn't stupid, I have no access to the C drive or to change anything on the machine itself, its pretty much a guest account. And also Sophos protection is a kind of anti-virus software for server computers.
    If you have absolutely zero access to everything even the local files, you're fucked.

If it's after school you could probably request an exception from your head IT member, but I'm just wondering if you have no access how you got Steam onto it in the first place.

If you are able to install programs, I'm sure there is something out there to spoof Sophos.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    That's not true at all.

I'm at school right now, and because I am a networking student I have administrative access. That's pretty much the only reason I can get on MPGH at these times.
    Let me rephrase that:
    All schools (high school and under) have students working off a guest account. They don't have admin rights.

Thanks

Let me rephrase that:
    All schools (high school and under) have students working off a guest account. They don't have admin rights.
    I'm 17 and a Junior in High School.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm 17 and a Junior in High School.
    Dude you are in a networking class. The school/schools around me didn't have that fancy shit. No one was allowed to do anything that required admin rights. And I'm sure OP is not in a special class like that anyway.

Your statement is invalid to me

Thanks

Dude you are in a networking class. The school/schools around me didn't have that fancy shit. No one was allowed to do anything that required admin rights. And I'm sure OP is not in a special class like that anyway.

Your statement is invalid to me
    For the sake of keeping our replies to a minimum and staying on topic I'm gonna finish it off here.

I can't make the assumption that he is or isn't a student with elevated privileges, however my other assumptions are entirely justifiable.

Any OP, you're pretty screwed anyways.

Thanks

If you have absolutely zero access to everything even the local files, you're fucked.

If it's after school you could probably request an exception from your head IT member, but I'm just wondering if you have no access how you got Steam onto it in the first place.

If you are able to install programs, I'm sure there is something out there to spoof Sophos.
    If there was a way to install steam, I would and install CS 1.6 with it, but theres not.
    So I'm just using WarZone's CS 1.6

What if there were a way to trick the software into thinking it isn't a game? Because it says it knows its a Valve Software program, is there a way to remove that label or remove the label as a game. As I said, it has a big library of games which it matches it up to.