Thread: Android SDK

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Android SDK

So as many of you probably already know, the Droid phone is coming out soon, and the Android SDK (written in Java) Has been out for a while as well. So is anyone here interested in writing apps for the new Droid phone?

I know I am. I can't wait to pick up Java again and this seems like a perfect opportunity to do it. From what I've heard it's relatively easy to use, and the SDK includes VM. Hopefully it shouldn't be that difficult!

Android
    Droid Pretty much Androids foray into the mainstream.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Nexulous (12-09-2009),Void (12-01-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Wow, now I want Android just to have fun programming in Java.

Thanks
    Can we sell the apps we make for the android?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by sethskyler View Post
    yes lol just add TM at the end of the name.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by sethskyler View Post
    Yeh that's the cool thing you can sell the apps you make at the Android Market Place. Also a Virtual Machine is included so you can test your apps on, without having a phone. Though tbh, I want to get the Droid from Verizon, and maybe write me some free apps. :P

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Well. I just downloaded the SDK. Watch out for excessive logging LMAO:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/oyY4oPuKYRQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/oyY4oPuKYRQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Nice. I'm downloading as we speak. TIME TO LEARN JAVASCRIPT BITCH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I have a mytouch. Code an mpgh app for android.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Obama For This Useful Post:

Nexulous (12-09-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    I gots me a Droid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by songkipark View Post
    I gots me a Droid.
    Android 4 life.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Way better than Apple OSX/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Way better than Apple OSX/

MY SIG COUGH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Working like a Mofo. I'll be done before I sleep, I guess. James dorm buddy just fell asleep on his hw. again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Nice. I'm downloading as we speak. TIME TO LEARN JAVASCRIPT BITCH
    Yeah well it's Java, not Javascript. It may sound like I'm nit-picking, but there really is a huge difference. Anyway goodluck.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

17. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Nexulous (12-09-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    yeah. I worded that wrong. Anyway, time to get to work on Eclipse.