Thanks

Sebastian_420 Ban Appeal

My Ban Appeal

Hi, everyone. I was banned yesterday because I was offering Middle-man services?

Banned Account: Sebastian_420

First of all, I had no idea that a middle-man service wasn't allowed. I was not informed of any middle-man requirement or anything related to "MPGH official middle-man" I'm a dedicated contributor to the DayZ section, and I have a lot of people confused as to why I'm banned. I donated towards MPGH and would probably donate again... why not

I made a thread in the "User Services" section called "Middle-man Services" because I thought it'd help a lot of people out, with scams going on, etc. But then the next day, I have a perma ban on my account...

I'd appreciate it a lot if I could be unbanned, I've contributed so much to this community and I'd like to contribute even more.
    I would like to be unbanned because I'll never make the same mistake again, I'll read the correct rules in the section before posting (Every time) and I'll be more careful when posting in sections where I've never posted before.

Warm regards, Sebastian_420

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian_420_Appeal View Post
    First of all, I had no idea that a middle-man service wasn't allowed. I was not informed of any middle-man requirement or anything related to "MPGH official middle-man"
    Read before opening a dispute

"Do not open a dispute for:
    • Not knowing / being ignorant of a rule. It's your job to read the rules, and it's our job to enforce them."

Someone didn't read the forum rules:

Code:
    Marketplace Rules
    - No trading using a non-official middleman. (Permanent Ban)
    - No middle manning unless being an official middleman of MPGH. (Permanent Ban)
    - No scamming of any kind. (Permanent Ban)
    - No posting false or misleading reviews (this includes not being a buyer, deliberately misleading members, being affiliated with another seller, inaccurately harming a sellers reputation, or any deceptive practices to hurt a seller). (1 Month Ban)
    - No posting derogatory remarks regarding in any seller thread. Keep it informative and neutral. (3 Day Ban)
    - No revealing MPGH users paid ebooks/methods, unless this member has been inactive for at least half a year. (1 Month Ban)
    - No self vouching yourself or your own threads. (Permanent Ban)
    - No misleading or unofficial vouching of any kind, only vouching allowed is by transactional parties including official middle men. (Permanent Ban)
    - No selling of misleading products, and all products must be valid for the specified period (if specified). (Permanent Ban)
    - Suspicious accounts with under 50 posts participating in the marketplace may be banned to protect legitimate buyers and sellers in the marketplace. (Permanent Ban, Moderator's Discretion)
    - No selling products for games for non in-game content (e.g. hacks, bypasses, programs, bots, bypasses, tutorials). (Permanent Ban)
    - No sort of incentive based altering/bribing/manipulating of a vouch review from a seller or the person who is writing a vouch. (Permanent Ban)
    I donated towards MPGH and would probably donate again... why not
    Just because you donated to MPGH, it doesn't mean you should have a special treatment, at all. Also, are you trying to bribe staff, (lol)? Because if so, it won't work.

I made a thread in the "User Services" section called "Middle-man Services" because I thought it'd help a lot of people out, with scams going on, etc. But then the next day, I have a perma ban on my account...
    There was a time when the usage of Unofficial Middlemen was allowed but since such a thing resulted in users being scammed, now the usage of Unofficial Middlemen is strictly forbidden. Anyways, just recently the Staff Administrator, Liz, opened applications for MM. Two new Official Middlemen, ([MPGH]Hugo Boss and [MPGH]DarkLordXYZ), were picked, and even if there was any need for more Official Middlemen, they would be picked through applications, not by making "Middle-man Services" threads.

Note: Official Middlemen & Related: In-Depth FAQ Guide.
    Last edited by Hunter; 07-13-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Thanks
    No I am not "bribing" Staff or attempting to cash my way back in.
    All that I'm saying is that I did the wrong thing, I understand that. There's not much I can do about what I did wrong.

IMO I don't deserve to be banned, I've seen a lot worse situations and they get away free.
    You don't understand that I'm the good-guy, I made a civil mistake. We're humans lol.
    I apologize from my mistake, I've learnt from my mistake.

All I was trying to do was give back something to community and this happens.
    Try to see it from my point of view.

Given the amount of user input and opinions regarding disputes that have NOTHING to do with them, we are pushed to enforced rules similar to requests.

Also:

Unless you are filing the dispute, or have some form of evidence or statements that directly affect that specific dispute, you have NO business here. Staff and the disputers themselves are the only ones allowed to post. All others will be deleted, and possibly banned if repeat offenders.
    Last edited by Sebastian_420_Appeal; 07-13-2015 at 03:42 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian_420_Appeal For This Useful Post:

Hunter (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    IMO I don't deserve to be banned, I've seen a lot worse situations and they get away free.
    You don't understand that I'm the good-guy, I made a civil mistake. We're humans lol.
    I apologize from my mistake, I've learnt from my mistake.
    I know people can make mistakes. By the way: "Just because they did it, and didn't get caught, doesn't mean you won't. It's also not a valid defense, a dispute is about you, don't bring another party into this, use the report button instead and serve out your ban."

Given the amount of user input and opinions regarding disputes that have NOTHING to do with them, we are pushed to enforced rules similar to requests.

Also:

Unless you are filing the dispute, or have some form of evidence or statements that directly affect that specific dispute, you have NO business here. Staff and the disputers themselves are the only ones allowed to post. All others will be deleted, and possibly banned if repeat offenders.
    True, I am not a staff member and I probably shouldn't even be posting in this thread, I'll give you that, but since you opened a dispute because you weren't aware of a rule: "Do not open a dispute for:
    Not knowing / being ignorant of a rule. It's your job to read the rules, and it's our job to enforce them.
    ", your "counter-argument" doesn't really make much sense but alright, I won't post on this thread again.
    Last edited by Hunter; 07-13-2015 at 04:09 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hugo Boss (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    Great, I am a staff, and I am telling you, you deserve the ban, 101%, You being ignorant and not reading the forum rules before posting is your responsibility and your responsibility ALONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    - No middle manning unless being an official middleman of MPGH. (Permanent Ban) - No scamming of any kind. (Permanent Ban)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeroicXPharaoh For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-13-2015),Cataclypse (07-13-2015),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (07-13-2015),Hunter (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    Ignorantia juris non excusat. Being ignorant about something does not mean you are innocent. You broke a rule, and that's that.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-13-2015),Cataclypse (07-13-2015),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (07-13-2015),Hunter (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I have granted you clemency. Review the rules and do not break any other rules.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-14-2015),[MPGH]Flengo (07-14-2015),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (07-14-2015),Hunter (07-14-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Edit forgot to mention op @Sebastian_420

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX