Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Help guys? (Serious mode)

So, i'v started having anxiety attacks (Don't know if thats there real name however im going to call them that) Its not like a panic attack its just like feeling anxious for hours on end, I'm going to see a Doc on Monday however i was wondering if anyone had any tips for me in the mean time?

Thanks
    Maybe go see a fucking doctor and talk about it instead of putting it on mpgh.

minion: 2019-yes
    minion+: 2020-2022
    inactive as shit sorry boys

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman's Bat View Post
    If you took time to read he already said he's seeing a doctor soon and just wanting tips.

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lightning For This Useful Post:

elysiumpiers (07-22-2015),Hunter (07-23-2015),Mokou-Sama (07-23-2015),Ticherhaz (07-22-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    someone doesn't read.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GerrysamHD For This Useful Post:

Solvi (07-23-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by GerrysamHD View Post

someone doesn't read.
    aw sorry to hear that this is happening to you. I never had a "anxiety attacks" before so I'm not sure but try to keep yourself doing something/keep ur self busy like read a book, play games, talk with someone so you dont feel alone?
    sorry if it didnt help :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post

If you took time to read he already said he's seeing a doctor soon and just wanting tips.
    He is going to see a doctor* (maybe you should take the time to read.) How are we supposed to say anything about it if we don't know what the doctor said. It can be anything since we barely have any info apart that he gets anxious once in a while.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

He is going to see a doctor* (maybe you should take the time to read.) How are we supposed to say anything about it if we don't know what the doctor said. It can be anything since we barely have any info apart that he gets anxious once in a while.
    I actually have been getting the attacks for most of the day the past few days. I'v also got a history of social anxiety however I'm on some meds for that and they have been helping allot, I'm thinking it has something to do with one of two things the fact that they have been increased the amount of the drug i am taking or the fact that someone i knew rather well was killed in a car accident a few days before the attacks.

Thanks
    You're probably gonna have to do a course or have to visit a therapist if its worse.

• Practice relaxation techniques. When practiced regularly, relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, and deep breathing can reduce anxiety symptoms and increase feelings of relaxation and emotional well-being.
    • Adopt healthy eating habits. Start the day right with breakfast, and continue with frequent small meals throughout the day. Going too long without eating leads to low blood sugar, which can make you feel more anxious.
    • Reduce alcohol and nicotine. They lead to more anxiety, not less.
    • Exercise regularly. Exercise is a natural stress buster and anxiety reliever. To achieve the maximum benefit, aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise on most days.
    • Get enough sleep. A lack of sleep can exacerbate anxious thoughts and feelings, so try to get 7 to 9 hours of quality sleep a night.

Best you'll get I suppose.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I used to have them too, and I still kinda have them. It is more of a gene thing, but it is also psychological. Don't worry it's ok. You know the worst that can happen is already happening, your anxiety. Try not to go directly with medicine and start a healthy life. Running is the best idea. Running outside on fresh air is the best cure to anxiety, also watch out your sleeping hours and foods. And don't you worry everything is gonna be fine. Another thing that you should do is simply ignore everything that anxiety brings on your head. Don't try not to think about that, let them come and simply watch them. Nothing else. Simply that. Eventually they will either fade away or even come back rarely and not affect your life in any kind of way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    You're probably gonna have to do a course or have to visit a therapist if its worse.

• Practice relaxation techniques. When practiced regularly, relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, and deep breathing can reduce anxiety symptoms and increase feelings of relaxation and emotional well-being.
    • Adopt healthy eating habits. Start the day right with breakfast, and continue with frequent small meals throughout the day. Going too long without eating leads to low blood sugar, which can make you feel more anxious.
    • Reduce alcohol and nicotine. They lead to more anxiety, not less.
    • Exercise regularly. Exercise is a natural stress buster and anxiety reliever. To achieve the maximum benefit, aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise on most days.
    • Get enough sleep. A lack of sleep can exacerbate anxious thoughts and feelings, so try to get 7 to 9 hours of quality sleep a night.

Best you'll get I suppose.
    Thanks allot, i find even just talking about it here seems to be helping some what. I think i'm going to go find a forum or chat room for people in my situation that seems like it may help. Thanks again for the help !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

I actually have been getting the attacks for most of the day the past few days. I'v also got a history of social anxiety however I'm on some meds for that and they have been helping allot, I'm thinking it has something to do with one of two things the fact that they have been increased the amount of the drug i am taking or the fact that someone i knew rather well was killed in a car accident a few days before the attacks.
    That is life bro. There's nothing you can do we come and we go. My uncle died of cancer and I practically grew up with him. Shitty times I tell you, yet you gotta be strong and live your life.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks allot, i find even just talking about it here seems to be helping some what. I think i'm going to go find a forum or chat room for people in my situation that seems like it may help. Thanks again for the help !
    The thing about anxiety disorders is that they are very curable. Even by simply talking about that. However I do prefer the option of a therapy instead of medical stuff since it is not a "true disease".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Are you taking therapy or anything? And the meds might not be helping like you think they are. They might be making it worse, just saying. It's a possibility.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Wassabi? View Post
    Are you taking therapy or anything? And the meds might not be helping like you think they are. They might be making it worse, just saying. It's a possibility.
    I was going to therapy about 8 months ago then my therapist went on maternity leave and that was the end of that, im hoping that on Monday something will be organized

Thanks
    Taking meds for your anxiety is like pumping water into a car
    It's gonna make you think it's helping but it's actually doing nothing. Only way they'd help is probably by making you think they're helping so you get a bit more confident. I think the day meds for mental stuff are actually gonna help is still far away.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:

Josh (07-22-2015)

Thanks

My grandma has them too. It has something to do with her nerves. I don't really know a lot about it,but she has to rest enough and maybe try not to drive/bike too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast