Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Getting back into Encryption

Yeh well I am getting back into encryption again. The first time I was just testing the waters, but this time I think I'm going to really make some head way. My first goal is to master XOR encryption.

I have created a sample program here which encrypts a message with a variable lengthed key. So now my simple brute force 1 key method won't work to crack it:

Code:
    #include <iostream>
    #include <fstream>
    using namespace std;
    void XOREncrypt(unsigned char* key, char* plaintext);

int main()
    {
        char plaintext[50];
        unsigned char key[50];

for(;;)
        {
         cout<<"Plaintext file name: ";
         cin >> plaintext;
         cout<<"Encryption Key: ";
         cin >> key;
         XOREncrypt(key, plaintext);
        }
        return 1;
    }

void XOREncrypt(unsigned char* key, char* plaintext)
    {
                     fstream plainfile(plaintext, ios::in | ios::out | ios::binary);
                     fstream cipherfile("ciphertext.txt", ios::in | ios::out | ios::binary | ios::trunc);
                     int i = 0;
                     char ch;
                     while(plainfile)
                     {
                      plainfile.get(ch);
                      if(plainfile)
                      {
                            cipherfile.put(ch ^ key[i]);
                            i++;
                            if(!key[i]) i = 0;
                      }
                     }
                     cout<< "XOR Encryption finished. Check ciphertext.txt" << endl;
                     return;
    }
    This code I am going to write over the next few weeks is meant to be cleaner and more concise then anything I've done before. I will be experimenting with incorporating unicode, and conversions between unicode and ASCI. Create techniques for cracking files, determining key length, using dictionaries, and a lot more. Like I said I hope to get atleast a decent understanding of some very rudimentary techniques.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I might get back into brute forcing if you keep up with encryption. I'm too wrapped up in packet sniffing and manipulation atm though.
    Goals In Life:
    [X] Become an Advanced Member
    [X]Release a tut on mpgh
    [0]Post 300 posts
    [X]Make a working hack
    [X] Learn c++

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by rwkeith View Post
    I might get back into brute forcing if you keep up with encryption. I'm too wrapped up in packet sniffing and manipulation atm though.
    Packet manipulation? Actually I started trying to get into stuff like that recently (weekend). Would you be able to PM me tips and info about it? The furthest I've gone thus far is starting to learn about windows sockets.

Thanks
    Code:
    #include <iostream>
    #include <fstream>
    using namespace std;
    void XOREncrypt(unsigned char* key, char* plaintext);

int main()
    {
        char plaintext[50];
        unsigned char key[50];

while(1)
        {
         cout<<"Plaintext file name: ";
         cin >> plaintext;
         cout<<"Encryption Key: ";
         cin >> key;
         XOREncrypt(key, plaintext); 
         cout<< "XOR Encryption finished. Check ciphertext.txt" << endl;
        system("ciphertext.txt");
        }
        return 1;
    }

void XOREncrypt(unsigned char* key, char* plaintext)
    {

freopen(plaintext,"r",stdin);
    freopen("ciphertext.txt,"w",stdout);

int i;

char plainstr[256];
    cin>>plainstr;
    for(i=0;i<strlen(plainstr);i++)cout<<plainstr[i]^key[i];

return;
    }
    There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." - Sima Yi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I don't understand what you just did there? =/

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    He did nothing. I'm going to start learning about SQL and databases and stuff. I don't know why, but I like working with databases. post your advances in encryption here so I may use them pl@wkz.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by rwkeith View Post
    my cousin used to get free stuff from sites when first brute forcing got discovered. i wish it had worked in this days too.