Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ? ?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5

    .FBRB EXTRACTION

    How to open this file? I've tried with a few programs to open it but nothing works. Google isn't helping me either!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ? ? For This Useful Post:

    drtpoo (07-14-2010),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

  3. #2
    Raener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    75
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    73
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Exclamation .FBRB EXTRACTION SOFTWARE -- ATTACHED

    Quote Originally Posted by ? ? View Post
    How to open this file? I've tried with a few programs to open it but nothing works. Google isn't helping me either!
    .FBRB EXTRACTION SOFTWARE -- ATTACHED

    I've been researching .FBRB files in the past couple days..

    Some people are getting images extracted with some tools with kindly submitted custom scripts for dealing with this filetype.

    In the .zip there is QuickBMS and a custom script to handle FBRB>RES converting. Also attached I've included ResView written by PiratePLu/\/DER (name got stared out if typer it normally), a member of the bfeditor.org community using Remdul's VB RES-DDS converter which allows the magic to happen. Also texcon.exe for simple .res>.dds conversion. There is also a BFBC2 .fbrb Unpacker which is buggy for larger files (first unpacker I found on ********* forum. All the software above have a couple bugs. Texcon is pretty simple and works well.

    I've has success with all the tools included though I suggest QuickBMS (.fbrb to res) and texcon (.res to .dds) as the foundations. Open .dds with freeware such as XnView. You can export as .png etc.

    VirusTotal - BF .fbrb Unpackers.zip - Clean

    Hope that helps.

    P.S Not all files seem to unpack correctly. This is due to DICE packing the .fbrb in pieces so some Pins and I'm sure some other graphics too, come out half perfect and half repeated gibberish. Some extract perfectly. It's just down to DICE's packing methods. This will get easier upon the official release when folder structures and more info is accumulated.
    Last edited by Raener; 02-13-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    . ... Visit.My.Blog ... .

    . ... Follow.me.on.Twitter ... .

    . ... Press.Thanks.if.I.Helped ... .










  4. The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to Raener For This Useful Post:

    ? ? (02-14-2010),abcbadboy123 (05-16-2012),AbuNator (06-27-2010),anitasrwk (10-08-2012),Archangel (03-17-2010),b150819 (01-17-2013),blackfoxeye (08-04-2012),choly kurd (09-14-2011),commando47 (02-17-2010),DEEAGLE (05-10-2010),Den4ikas (06-02-2013),densim12 (11-08-2014),Dididiu (06-18-2013),DiOs101 (09-02-2015),Drake (10-25-2010),drtpoo (07-14-2010),dzai2015 (04-08-2016),esasli1 (01-18-2011),FyreKills~ (02-13-2010),i.am.visor (03-09-2010),IANOS (08-06-2011),iload1020 (07-13-2012),jpo2709 (08-09-2011),julien1212 (06-15-2011),Karlssalone (01-04-2016),kiqaps (12-15-2010),Lambda VI (04-06-2013),LaneDestroyer (11-16-2013),maddowg420 (04-24-2012),magicarter (04-21-2013),MrOkra (11-22-2012),netroo (02-01-2013),nh.vi.gr (05-02-2012),niky254 (06-28-2012),Nyxeka (06-11-2013),qlfrprtm (02-05-2013),qwintus (03-19-2013),ryansheckler (01-22-2011),sepehr55 (04-15-2010),SotM (02-16-2014),Stevenom (07-02-2010),SynayBlood (05-18-2016),TheEgb (10-19-2013),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010),vandr (03-03-2013),walkingcactus (05-27-2012),wpgn (06-11-2013),[MPGH]Wyo (09-09-2010),x Basic x Beast x (09-02-2010),Xplodin (08-14-2013),Zebucar (08-15-2011),zedela (06-08-2011)

  5. #3
    Koen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I don't know, you tell me bitch.
    Posts
    2,315
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    1,668
    My Mood
    Bored
    And what can we do with these files?


    Check out my new topic : Medal of Honor 2010 Retail ESP / Wallhack Here



    Add me :
    On MSN
    Koenschouten@hotmail.com

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koen For This Useful Post:

    drtpoo (07-14-2010),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

  7. #4
    Raener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    75
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    73
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by koeninatorrr View Post
    And what can we do with these files?
    You can extract, images, graphics, textures sound files and movie files.

    Though it's not as easy as it will be eventually. Formats of the sound files are hard to extract and can't be done with the apps I attached. This can only get .res from /fbrbs and turn the .res into .dds which can be edited or saved as a jpg for example. I think sound files are .dbx

    People are still scratching their heads at this moments trying to figure out how to open some of these files up.

    Maybe this will lead to modding or player textures (may be limited to non-PB servers though) and modding of sound files, example: increase footsteps volume to be surreal making it easier to detect. I'm not sure what methods DICE use for checking on files authenticity (not modded or changed). In MW2 it was easy, the game only check for the correct filesize of each file so you could mod it if you made it no bigger or smaller in size than the original. Don't know about BC2..

    I mainly wanted this software to extract Pins Insignias and Rank graphics to try to collaborate with someone with some knowledge on how to code dynamic forum signatures. So a internet user could choose a certain pin/insignia, add their name, choose their rank symbol their favourite character model and a background for example. It's just theory on my side atm.. I just thought I'd get a headstart before finding that some one. Shame that the graphics I need are messed up (stored in two different .res file or something OR it's something to do with extracting the image with the wrong byte amount, I have no idea, other forums have been saying techy stuff I don't get! lol.)

    Currently also working on a similar program to Liseda's Configurator 1.0. Enhanced functionality and branded by me (it's gonna take a little, I'm only starting to learn coding but got some nice resources and helpful forums)

    /ramble

    < hasn't slept in 2 days
    . ... Visit.My.Blog ... .

    . ... Follow.me.on.Twitter ... .

    . ... Press.Thanks.if.I.Helped ... .










  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raener For This Useful Post:

    Drake (10-25-2010),drtpoo (07-14-2010),FyreKills~ (02-13-2010),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

  9. #5
    FyreKills~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    664
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    130
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thx Raener.....biggest help ever =p
    Quote Originally Posted by torentman16 View Post
    wats a C++
    lol go spam him
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/members/46...rentman16.html

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FyreKills~ For This Useful Post:

    drtpoo (07-14-2010),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

  11. #6
    ? ?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Nice research! I wouln't have come that far, but i thought i could edit weapons (like ammo) in these files. Usually when games are released you can edit it easely and you can change alot. But dice is doing well on securing those files. Too bad that the game itself is a piece of crap..

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ? ? For This Useful Post:

    drtpoo (07-14-2010),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

  13. #7
    Raener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    75
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    73
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ? ? View Post
    Nice research! I wouln't have come that far, but i thought i could edit weapons (like ammo) in these files. Usually when games are released you can edit it easely and you can change alot. But dice is doing well on securing those files. Too bad that the game itself is a piece of crap..
    I was hyped about MW2 before it came out. Definitely over hyped. MW2 is fun whilst your in the game and not host migrating or jumping lobbies by crappy matchmaking. But I was wrong to think it would be the best FPS to be released yet. That's what nice trailers and media do to you! >.<

    BC2's turn.. Again I'm excited for this release. But this time, I'm sure it's gonna be good as I'm not relying just on trailers and word of mouth, but the beta and it contents.

    I wouldn't go to say it's a piece of crap. ..maybe it is port but it's definitely not as much of a slack-port as MW2. They've gone to some lengths to compensate a little for the PC community. I hope this continues so that with each patch update it gets better optimised..

    Not everyone like team-based games like this. Having to share ammo and work as a group. But that's why there's games like CSS in existence.

    I personally love it. Reminds me of W:ET. Such a good game that.
    . ... Visit.My.Blog ... .

    . ... Follow.me.on.Twitter ... .

    . ... Press.Thanks.if.I.Helped ... .










  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raener For This Useful Post:

    drtpoo (07-14-2010),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

  15. #8
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    27,850
    Reputation
    3541
    Thanks
    36,138
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Raener View Post
    .FBRB EXTRACTION SOFTWARE -- ATTACHED

    I've been researching .FBRB files in the past couple days..

    Some people are getting images extracted with some tools with kindly submitted custom scripts for dealing with this filetype.

    In the .zip there is QuickBMS and a custom script to handle FBRB>RES converting. Also attached I've included ResView written by PiratePLu/\/DER (name got stared out if typer it normally), a member of the bfeditor.org community using Remdul's VB RES-DDS converter which allows the magic to happen. Also texcon.exe for simple .res>.dds conversion. There is also a BFBC2 .fbrb Unpacker which is buggy for larger files (first unpacker I found on ********* forum. All the software above have a couple bugs. Texcon is pretty simple and works well.

    I've has success with all the tools included though I suggest QuickBMS (.fbrb to res) and texcon (.res to .dds) as the foundations. Open .dds with freeware such as XnView. You can export as .png etc.

    VirusTotal - BF .fbrb Unpackers.zip - Clean

    Hope that helps.

    P.S Not all files seem to unpack correctly. This is due to DICE packing the .fbrb in pieces so some Pins and I'm sure some other graphics too, come out half perfect and half repeated gibberish. Some extract perfectly. It's just down to DICE's packing methods. This will get easier upon the official release when folder structures and more info is accumulated.
    Useful toolkit, thread pinned.





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

    Comet (08-01-2010),Drake (10-25-2010),drtpoo (07-14-2010),grafvincent (11-10-2010),Grim (06-20-2010),KingOfLionsAslan (07-14-2010),TheSnowLeopard (12-12-2011),Trollpocalypse (07-28-2010)

Similar Threads

  1. MPGH 1.05 Extraction Error
    By Offspring316 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:04 PM
  2. Failed extracting files
    By spr1ngf1ld in forum WarRock Korea Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM
  3. [Priv]Pearl DB Extracter
    By RoB07 in forum Exploits
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 03:04 PM
  4. (Request) A tutorial on how to extract addresses from trainers
    By englishpom in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:14 PM
  5. Self Extracting Trainer By OMGWTF
    By OMGWTF in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 08:39 AM