ExclamationHow to play CA NA outside US!!!

Posts 1–15 of 54 · Page 1 of 4
How to play CA NA outside US!!!
This tut with show you how to play on the North American Combat Arms server from anywhere (provided you have a computer and and internet connection). I will be showing you how to get a VPN connection and launch CA in the correct way to play. I will be using Windows Vista for this tut.

Step 1:Connecting to a VPN
Intro
A VPN (or Virtual Private Network) allows you to connect securely to a local network (such as CA's NA server) from any location. There are many different VPNs to choose from both paid and free, the one that I will use in this tut is not the only one. If you don't like it then just google it to find an alternative. Also I works on (to my knowledge) all types OS.

The real step 1:
First you need to open your network connections window. either via 'Start' and 'Connect To'
or via the icon on the bottom left of your screen.
Now you want to set-up a new connection and choose the option that has 'VPN' in it. This also applies to any other screens you encounter, if it says VPN then its right
Now you should get to something a little like this:
All you have to do is put in bestfreevpn.com, or any other vpn host you choose and give the connection a name.
You will now have to put in the username and password.
The username is "free" (without "s) and to find out the password you will need to visit BestFreeVPN as it changes every 8 to 24 hours. Once this is done simply click connect and your done



Step 2: R,D&I
Now is the easy part, simply head to the Combat Arms site and register an account and download the game. If you use Nexon's CA game downloaded It may keep crashing but if you just keep starting it again you should be fine as it resumes the download each time. Once the download has finished remember to install. if you unsure on what setting to use just leave them as default.



Step 3: How To Start The Game
If you have a Combat Arms desktop icon do not use this to start combat arms, It will direct you to the website and it will not work once CA has loaded. Instead, right-mouse click on the icon and click 'Open file location'. This will take you to where you have installed combat arms.
Now you need to find CombatArms_Direct.exe which should look like this:
Double click this to start the game. (you make want to create a shortcut to this or change the old one).
Now you are ready to play just one thing to keep in mind every time you login you will get an error like this:
The solution..... Click OK and login again. you should have no problem



And that's it your done. If you have any problems or questions leave a reply and I'll do my best to help yo out Have fun
trying this out. this might work for people around the globe )))
i'll give thanks after im done downloading :P
Quote Originally Posted by j0hnie3f4g View Post
this might work for people around the globe )))
Yeah I hope so It would be pretty sweet if it did and I don't see why it shouldn't
you did a nice job
Nice but this is sooo laggy xD
Quote Originally Posted by coogle007 View Post
Nice but this is sooo laggy xD
Ok that's interesting, I hardly have any lag when I play. Have you tried using a different VPN?
@Genoble Thank you very much, downloading CANA for this... I hope it works *EDIT* Dont have to download it i found it on my old hard drive!
this method work in the CAEU and CAKR?
Quote Originally Posted by bonray View Post
this method work in the CAEU and CAKR?
In theory It should work for every combination of where you are and the server you wanna play
yeah i realy hope this works for me
if it does ill will thank u soooooo much and if u add me ingame ill gift u when i get SFC
i dont get it to work
i disconnect all the time
Quote Originally Posted by hammer4000 View Post
i dont get it to work
i disconnect all the time
Have you tried using a different VPN?
@Genoble I can play, but after a few minutes VPN disconnects for me... And I can't find an another VPN :/ If you can give me some i would be happy! /
Quote Originally Posted by galamb98 View Post
@Genoble I can play, but after a few minutes VPN disconnects for me... And I can't find an another VPN :/ If you can give me some i would be happy! /
Since I posted this I've been researching VPNs. I've only been able to check through 7 so far (due to 6th form) but non of them are much better. I will post one as soon as I find it and mention you so you know when I've posted it hope that's ok



ALSO...
I'm thinking of starting a clan for players from outside the US on CA NA, let me know if you' be interested
You guys should try proXPN. I think it works well. Use the BASIC edition. Hope it helps :3
Also interested on the clan @Genoble
Posts 1–15 of 54 · Page 1 of 4
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?