Red face[Tutorial] - Reading Text & *Extra*

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
[Tutorial] - Reading Text & *Extra*
Okay since I love ya guys so much :3 I wanted to share this with you, how to read text off of the web (and this actually works too)
there is another way for actual webpages but i dont feel like posting that too at the moment lol. Later i can show u guys how to read a post off of a website if you want

First thing:
is first, make a text document and add whatever text you want into it. then upload it onto the web using your own fps directory or any other way you can

second:
Make a new Project and Add these to it:
Webbrowser1
Textbox1 or label1
Button1

Click on the webbrowser and put the url to your text document (this will make it so when the application loads it will load that website), now just make the webbrowser hidden

go into the code of the button and add this code:
Code:
TextBox1.Text = WebBrowser2.Document.Body.InnerText
or
Code:
label1.Text = WebBrowser2.Document.Body.InnerText
*Extra Info*
Ever got pissed about those annoying script errors on your webbrowsers? well here is how to turn it off.

click on you webbrowser and go to ScriptErrorSuppressed And switch that to "True"
1. > Does this Read the source code or the plain text?
2. > If not source code how does it describe pictures?
when I first got into computers and whatnot I messed with javascript and html. in javascript there's a class: document.body.innerHTML. So I'm just guessing this displays something similar. somebody try putting this code into a button and see what happens, it just came to me and i haven't tested it:
WebBrowser1.Document.Body.ContentEditable="true"
WebBrowser1.Document.Body.editMode="on"
that was something I found a while back that worked for manipulating html pages in javascript. was fun for me back then because I was dumb.

EDIT: oh i forgot, here's the javascript for it:
javascript:document.body.contentEditable="true";do cument.body.editMode="on"; void 0
try copy/pasting that into your address bar.
javascript:alert(document.body.innerHTML) <-- this one too. sorry, random memories of js...
this is from source, im going to try to figure out further more stuff later though
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?