SolvedMW3 is currently unavailable

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
MW3 is currently unavailable
Its a wierd error, It happens on Blackops as well as MW3, I can launch Single Player but not Multiplayer

Any help ?

I have done the verify cache, reinstalled it amples of times and it still does it I even installed blackops from disc rather than over internet

I dont think I am banned as when I go to check the VAC Status it says I have been banned from MW2 but I have been banned for a while on that and I have been playing both Blackops and MW3 when I had the ban.
Do you play it through steam?
Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Do you play it through steam?
Yea with all legit CD Keys aswell
Quote Originally Posted by iXtreme Luke View Post
Yea with all legit CD Keys aswell
Did you ever hack???
Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Did you ever hack???
I did but it was on a secondary account. I have now fixed the error as it was a problem with the VAC2.dll which is stored in SourceInit.dat which is located in a file called SourceInit.gcf I then deleted the .gcf file and Steam automatically created a new one this then automatically fixed the issue.

I created a backup of the folder "Steamapps" but this contains the .gcf file so when I came to reinstalling steam I autmatically dragged in the .gcf file and causing me to be back in step one.

Its a lot to understand but it will help people if they come across this issue.

For those with the same issue make sure you do a Verify Cache files and go to Steam.log it should tell you which file is failing verifcation.
/Closed & Solved
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?