Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    leinuo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

    mw3 crashing problem

    After the update, I've been getting an error every time I join a game. After about 5 minutes of playing, it gives me this error:

  2. #2
    Larity2056's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UDF 2457
    Posts
    2,498
    Reputation
    188
    Thanks
    671
    My Mood
    Dead
    Reinstall the game? Or download DirectX, please tell us what you've already tried

  3. #3
    leinuo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatHunter View Post
    Reinstall the game? Or download DirectX, please tell us what you've already tried
    I already have DirectX and I've already re installed the game.

  4. #4
    Larity2056's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UDF 2457
    Posts
    2,498
    Reputation
    188
    Thanks
    671
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by leinuo2 View Post
    I already have DirectX and I've already re installed the game.
    Did you get this error after the map pack 2 patch? I've been googling and it seems an common problem, maybe Infinity Ward is working on a fix

  5. #5
    leinuo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatHunter View Post
    Did you get this error after the map pack 2 patch? I've been googling and it seems an common problem, maybe Infinity Ward is working on a fix
    I got this error after the update. The 1.9.xxx thing.

  6. #6
    Larity2056's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    UDF 2457
    Posts
    2,498
    Reputation
    188
    Thanks
    671
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by leinuo2 View Post
    I got this error after the update. The 1.9.xxx thing.
    Well, wait a week or longer. Maybe Infinity Ward will fix it, you can also check their site for a topic about this problem

  7. #7
    leinuo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatHunter View Post
    Well, wait a week or longer. Maybe Infinity Ward will fix it, you can also check their site for a topic about this problem
    Alright. Thanks for the help

  8. #8
    SlayerPFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    122
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    240
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Might also try updating DirectX, google for a DirectX Update check, and re-validating your game files.

  9. #9
    abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My room
    Posts
    115
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    796
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I always get this error when I play in windowed(no border) mode. Fullscreen has no problem. This is weird.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post:

    Larity2056 (06-25-2012),leinuo2 (06-24-2012),zavalaidanga (12-24-2012)

  11. #10
    SlayerPFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    122
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    240
    My Mood
    Lonely
    I dont know if this will fix your problem but it is worth a try

    Step 1: Log out of steam and close the application comepletely (Task Manager after loggin out)
    Step 2: Go to your steam folder in your program filee
    Step 3: Search in the steam folder for a folder labeled "appcache"
    Step 4: Delete the folder labeled as "appcache"
    Step 5: Restart steam and log in the boot your game and see if the problem is solved

    IDK if iut will fix this problem but I know it is working for the people wiht the new DLC getting the Invalid map file errors

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlayerPFC For This Useful Post:

    abaaaabbbb63 (06-25-2012),Larity2056 (06-25-2012)

  13. #11
    abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My room
    Posts
    115
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    796
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerPFC View Post
    I dont know if this will fix your problem but it is worth a try

    Step 1: Log out of steam and close the application comepletely (Task Manager after loggin out)
    Step 2: Go to your steam folder in your program filee
    Step 3: Search in the steam folder for a folder labeled "appcache"
    Step 4: Delete the folder labeled as "appcache"
    Step 5: Restart steam and log in the boot your game and see if the problem is solved

    IDK if iut will fix this problem but I know it is working for the people wiht the new DLC getting the Invalid map file errors
    Yea....that unfortunately didn't work.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post:

    leinuo2 (06-24-2012),zavalaidanga (12-24-2012)

  15. #12
    leinuo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63 View Post
    I always get this error when I play in windowed(no border) mode. Fullscreen has no problem. This is weird.
    Ok. It is working now. Thanks for the help guys I just have to run Mw3 full screen and that will fix the problem.
    Last edited by leinuo2; 06-24-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. [Help] CRASHING problems:(
    By obinobi in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 05:22 AM
  2. Goggle Chrome Crash problem.?[SOLVED]
    By [PrO1Gamers] in forum CrossFire Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 09:54 AM
  3. Game crash problem
    By WafflesLavigne420 in forum Combat Arms Hack Coding / Programming / Source Code
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 11:06 PM
  4. [SOLVED]Crashing problem
    By khalood1234 in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 05:27 AM
  5. Crashing problem
    By Soul777 in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM