Public server and client, need some help with the server please.

Posts 1–15 of 139 · Page 1 of 10
Public server and client, need some help with the server please.
We want a public server for hosting our own server, also with the source code available to the public

I’ve made some modifications to the client that was released yesterday for the private server
I’ve only changed the ip address to point to 127.0.0.1 instead of the private server ip address
Now the client connects to the local host on port 80 and makes http request,
I have a small http server, Severing the crossdomain.xml and account.xml

Now i just need a public server to connect to , I have access to the editor ,server list, character select and so on, but can’t play on any server, or test any map I’ve created in the editor, without a server




I’am requesting for someone to help me with getting the server working!

I have java source code, for a little simple server version 123.0.0, the client is 123.5.1 hence the reason for the server crashing
I didn’t write the server, it was released along side a proxy and client to the public along time ago
The server compiles ok, the client connects to the server , the server receives the hello packet, the rc4 encryption is working fine, I can view the contents of the hello packet
But the next packet MapInfo crashes the server.
The java server source code can be imported into a eclipsec workspace and compiled .
I have no programming experience with java, I do have 8 years programming experience in c/c++.

If someone does manage to get the server working, I can then start a rewrite in c++ with the correct packet information.

(Edit update)

Note (1)
the webserver.exe
will not work if you have skype running and vise versa, --they both use port 80

console output
Policy server started.
Loaded map.
ROTMGServer started.
Init
Init
HELLO [123.5.1 , -1 , hSeTql+L5rj+BsZ1GzHomseDJUYCUUiwDurrjmYowLwdsEBFRQ 5gkEmy+rQD7llf3Ss5MQDyhk7Bwdc1D3WtCtPGEiYr1iDyC8TO DEFunvt781R5IPN4aVbkHmGmzE+nBHfL3dUiC9oQYMJOUjU1tN a1QWAhBB+NoeT7YHW37no= , , , -1 , , , , rotmg , , rotmg]
123.5.1
rotmg
-1
MAPINFO [256 , 256 , Nexus , 892695642 , 2 , true , true , [] , []]
java****.EOFException
at java****.DataInputStream.readInt(Unknown Source)
at server.ClientHandler.readPacket(ClientHandler.java :252)
at server.ClientHandler$1.run(ClientHandler.java:86)
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
at server.Map.disconnect(Map.java:276)
at server.ClientHandler.disconnect(ClientHandler.java :328)
at server.ClientHandler$1.run(ClientHandler.java:92)


https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/fil...is/1364313337/
http://online3.drweb.com/cache/?i=d4...b9191934d8c065
rotmg client http server with java server code_mpgh.net.zip2.5 MB · 18,025 downloads Scanning…
So is this a localhost single player thing?? or is it a server where people can join?
it would be nice to have a localhost single player thing option for realm...
@Fellepelle

"I have access to the editor ,server list, character select and so on, but can’t play on any server, or test any map I’ve created in the editor, without a server"

there is no single player or multiplayer atm, I’am requesting for someone to help me with getting the server working!
Quote Originally Posted by Botmaker View Post
@Fellepelle

"I have access to the editor ,server list, character select and so on, but can’t play on any server, or test any map I’ve created in the editor, without a server"

there is no single player or multiplayer atm, I’am requesting for someone to help me with getting the server working!
i can try help you out, but i need to wait until the attachment is approved.
Do you have a Skype that you can msg me?
OH MY GOD, this needs to be approved! I just can't wait to get these files and fix it already (that feel when I know how to fix the problem)
Shouldnt this be in release area?
when admin checks files, they find a virus. i dont think they are going to approve this :P Add me on skype( Timmie.Torsvik)
@lekebilen
The http server is written in the euphoria programming language
And the euphoria virtual machine executable is compressed with UPX: the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables, it’s a false positive,
ill look for a new virus scanner.

I won’t risk having my account banned, for side stepping the approval process.
I’am working on a multi thread network layer with the boost library, ready for converting the java server source code .
To everyone wanting to help fix the server, I would just like to say I appreciate all the support, and hopefully someone here can get it working.
i can help you i have some experience with java and coding javascripts
Quote Originally Posted by lekebilen View Post
i can help you i have some experience with java and coding javascripts
JavaScript is shit... it's just fucking interactive webpages... learn real Java.
@lekebilen
The server is for version 123.0.0 and the client.swf is version 123.5.1.
I believe the packets have change slightly between the two different versions, someone will have to decompile the client.swf to find the correct packet information, before the server can be fixed.
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posts 1–15 of 139 · Page 1 of 10
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?