Conversation Between .::SCHiM::. and phoenixangel

6 Visitor Messages

1. It's no rijndeal that is asymetric, RSA is, rijndeal is symetric
  2. Gonna modify that: Pidgin-Encryption
    so it uses RSA-Rjindael

If you didn't know yet, pidgin is a client for multiple chat protocols including msn.
    I'll make sure it works for transmitting large files as well, if you got any tips/suggestions I'll be checking this conv a bit.
  3. oh didn't know yet that Rijndael was symmetric, now it all makes sense
    thanks for the info ^_^

hmm Ruby, havn't used that since RPG Maker's script editor XD brings back memories
  4. The client asks the server for it's key and then encrypts data with it. This data is the client's Rijndael key, only the server can decrypt the Rijndael key with it's 1 private key. At this point secure bi-directional is possible where both sides use the client's Rijndael key.

[Ruby] SIN-source - Pastebin.com <- source
  5. Hey I just read your message: Bigger files crash the program since the program does not send the file in chunks (and allocating 3gb of memory is never going to work )

Next, I don't use RSA because it's somehow stronger or better then Rijndael, I use it because RSA is an asymmetric key system where the keys of Rijndael are symmetric. This means that the keys to decrypt and encrypt data are totally different in RSA, while in Rijndael you have two identical keys to encrypt and decrypt. With asymmetric keys it's possible to send secure messages over insecure media (like the Internet). It basically works like this:

The Server has 2 RSA keys 1 is known to everyone and 1 is only known to the server, this key is a 'public' key.
    The Client has 1 Rijndael key and 1 RSA key (the same key as the server holds )
  6. Hi,

Regarding SIN, someone asked about 2 weeks ago what would happen if someone tried to send a file over 3 Go with it.
    Just in case you havn't thought of it yet, it'd be better to add some option to use a file-cache instead of ram for large files.

Oh and I'd like to discuss with you about this RSA-Rijndael implementation, is there a chance you could send the code for the encryption part?
    I just wonder if it's even worth anything to use RSA with Rijndael, why not only use a bigger Rijndael key?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6