Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Legal rights men don't have in the US, which women do

The right to abdicate financial responsibilities for a child without the partner's permission
    There are no legal methods for a man to abdicate financial responsibilities for a child without permission from the mother.

There are many legal methods for women to abdicate financial responsibilities for a child without permission from the father, however, including:
    -Abortion
    -Dropping the baby off at a designated safe drop-off zone (as long as you follow all state regulations, including dropping it off a certain number of hours after birth, at a designated area, with proper documentation and no signs of physical abuse or parental neglect)

The man is always legally at the mercy of the mother, financially.

Man wants to keep baby + woman doesn't = man's desires are ignored
    Man wants to keep baby + woman does = fine

Man doesn't want to keep baby + woman does = man's desires are ignored
    Man doesn't want to keep baby + woman doesn't = fine

The woman's desires are ignored in 0% of situations
    The man's desires are ignored in 50% of situations

Men can be forced to pay child support for a child they don't want after conception - women can't though if they take the appropriate steps after conception

The man has no free will in this scenario - he has to abide by what the woman wants, therefore he does not have the legal right to abdicate financial responsibilities for a child without the partner's consent, but the woman does.

The right to refrain from registering with the selective services
    If you are a male, you have and live in the United States, you have to register with the selective services (agency which determines who's drafted in dire times of war) when you turn 18. There are no exceptions to this rule for registration with the Selective Services, but if an actual draft occurred there would be exemptions allowed such as being disabled, a conscientious objector, or a religious official

Penalties for being a male and not registering include:
    $250,000 fine
    Up to 5 years in jail
    Losing your right to vote

And if males don't register by the age of 26 then they will also face ineligibility for:
    Student Aid
    US Citizenship (if not already a citizen)
    Federal jobs
    Source

Females face absolutely no penalties for not registering

The right to vote without registering with the selective services
    Since the right to vote is such a major issue and involves an entire constitutional amendment, it deserves its own seperate category apart from the one line mention in the above one

As outlined above men technically are not even born with the right to vote. Women are and don't have to meet any requirements which men don't have to meet, whereas man have to register with the selective services or else they will be punished severely as outlined above

If you are a woman you can vote without registering with the selective services
    If you are a man you CANNOT.

In summary
    -Men can't give up financial responsibility for a child they don't want, but women can
    -Men can't choose to not register with the selective services without being SEVERELY punished, but women can
    -Men can't vote without registering with the selective services, but women can

If anyone is in favor of legal gender equality then they should support the following:
    -Allowing men to opt out of financial responsibility for children early on without their partner's permission
    -Allowing men to opt out of registering with the selective services without taking on harsh legal penalties and jail time
    -Allowing men to vote without registering with the selective services

2. The Following User Says Thank You to unknownartist0 For This Useful Post:

Golden (07-19-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm a man and I'm not complaining.

/thread.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​Though I have no objections to the measures already in place, it's something to think about.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    reddi*****m/r/mensrights

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevenom For This Useful Post:

Shadeyz346 (07-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Now make a list of men's rights women don't have and see how they compare
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: https://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

Previous name: Hax3rman

Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.

My current favorite song

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm all for equality, but for the most part men don't have issues with any of these things.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I'm all for equality, but for the most part men don't have issues with any of these things.

I beg the differ, One of my ex's got an abortion when I wanted to keep that child.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownartist0 View Post
    Man wants to keep baby + woman doesn't = man's desires are ignored
    If I don't get to chose weather or not my child lives, than I should be able to deside wether or not I want to suppor that child.

Women have three chances to avoid having a child They cannot raise

Abortion.
    Adoption.
    Birth control.

A man only Has on chance to avoid having a child he cannot raise

Birth control ( My Ex poked a goddamn hole in mine, then she relized that I can take care of my child, and still leave her ass, and her mom told her she would pay for the abortion)
    LATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by kublkun View Post

I beg the differ, One of my ex's got an abortion when I wanted to keep that child.

If I don't get to chose weather or not my child lives, than I should be able to deside wether or not I want to suppor that child.

Women have three chances to avoid having a child They cannot raise

Abortion.
    Adoption.
    Birth control.

A man only Has on chance to avoid having a child he cannot raise

Birth control ( My Ex poked a goddamn hole in mine, then she relized that I can take care of my child, and still leave her ass, and her mom told her she would pay for the abortion)
    You wouldn't have birthed that child though.

Imagine the one-night-stand situations if that law passed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

You wouldn't have birthed that child though.

Imagine the one-night-stand situations if that law passed.
    But would it not be equal?
    LATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    But would it not be equal?
    No, its not.

The amount of effort on the mans part is like 1/10000000000000th of what a woman has to go through. Not to mention the man usually ditches the woman anyway, and abortion between couples is really more of a sign of your relationship than anything else(the disagreement.).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

No, its not.

The amount of effort on the mans part is like 1/10000000000000th of what a woman has to go through. Not to mention the man usually ditches the woman anyway, and abortion between couples is really more of a sign of your relationship than anything else(the disagreement.).

No, the man doesn't "usually" ditch his woman, you only think the majority do, because that is what you will hear. Negatives will always be more apparent than positives, in everything. The effort a man goes through is just the same as a women, not in the same ways, but equal all the same, and I know you were thinking child birth when you wrote that, but in all honesty, in today's society, we have epidurals, water births, and C-sections ( btw are actually way more dangerous, and worst for the baby and mother, than a normal birth) where the woman doesn't feel nearly as much pain. The biggest obstacle the man, and the woman have to go through, is really emotional, and financial, though you could argue that those two are really the same. Both have equally tough times ahead of them, and require the same amount of effort. Abortions between couples isn't really a sign of your relationship, as it is more a sign on the responsibility of each person, man or woman.

The only reason I feel so strongly, is 3 of my friends have been trapped into relationships, and financial disarray, because some dumb bitch either lied about birth control, or poke holes through a condom, just to get pregnant, and get child support. I know a girl who took the seamen out of a condom to get pregnant.

Unless you are saying the obvious fact that, men and women are not equal, because in all reality, we are not. We have different, evolved purposes. Just as races do.
    LATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No, the man doesn't "usually" ditch his woman, you only think the majority do, because that is what you will hear. Negatives will always be more apparent than positives, in everything. The effort a man goes through is just the same as a women, not in the same ways, but equal all the same, and I know you were thinking child birth when you wrote that, but in all honesty, in today's society, we have epidurals, water births, and C-sections ( btw are actually way more dangerous, and worst for the baby and mother, than a normal birth) where the woman doesn't feel nearly as much pain. The biggest obstacle the man, and the woman have to go through, is really emotional, and financial, though you could argue that those two are really the same. Both have equally tough times ahead of them, and require the same amount of effort. Abortions between couples isn't really a sign of your relationship, as it is more a sign on the responsibility of each person, man or woman.

The only reason I feel so strongly, is 3 of my friends have been trapped into relationships, and financial disarray, because some dumb bitch either lied about birth control, or poke holes through a condom, just to get pregnant, and get child support. I know a girl who took the seamen out of a condom to get pregnant.

Unless you are saying the obvious fact that, men and women are not equal, because in all reality, we are not. We have different, evolved purposes. Just as races do.
    :/ There are a lot more single mothers than fathers.

No, its not. In order to give birth to a child, the man has to impregnate the woman. That is it for the males part. You cannot sit here and tell me men have to do anything else, because they don't. Arguing the male's case for an abortion is pointless, men don't have any control over it because well, men don't have any impact on the childbirth outside of the impregnation.
    -----------------------------

Listen you can be mad about this all you want, it just shows that unless you find the right woman, you are going to have this problem. Just knocking up a woman doesn't give you any sort of bullshit rights over the child.

Just put yourself in a woman's shoes for one second. :

You slept with and you got pregnant. You don't want a kid, but this asshole keeps trying to push for you having his child, even though he's not going to do anything until the child comes out, there is a good chance he could just bail at any time, and even after childbirth, you still don't know if this motherfucker is going to actually
    help with the child.

All in all, if you plan having a child then you wouldn't have this problem.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    There are a lot of single mothers, because it's rare that a judge with give custody of children to a man, and a Male influence is just as needed as Female, which is why you get "sluts" and "criminals"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If a man just has to impregnate a woman, then a woman just needs to give birth.

First, I'm not mad. I wouldn't get upset over different opinions.
    Second, You can take the same situation and turn it around, A man sleeps with a chick, she gets pregnant and he wants an abortion, but this "bitch" doesn't.
    Just because you want an abortion doesn't mean you are irresponsible, or evil. If you cannot raise a child with the securities a child needs, then it is responsible to terminate it before 28 ( could be 26) weeks and it starts to feel pain. Not every one can do adoption.

That is true, but as I stated before, "bitches" can be fucking sneaky, not that men can't either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that men should just be able to deny an abortion, I'm just saying that there should be a well thought out solution to this problem, because when it comes to raising a child, you NEED (W/o Rare exceptions) both a Male, and a Female influence if you want a successful child.

:/ There are a lot more single mothers than fathers.

No, its not. In order to give birth to a child, the man has to impregnate the woman. That is it for the males part. You cannot sit here and tell me men have to do anything else, because they don't. Arguing the male's case for an abortion is pointless, men don't have any control over it because well, men don't have any impact on the childbirth outside of the impregnation.

Listen you can be mad about this all you want, it just shows that unless you find the right woman, you are going to have this problem. Just knocking up a woman doesn't give you any sort of bullshit rights over the child.

Just put yourself in a woman's shoes for one second. :

You slept with and you got pregnant. You don't want a kid, but this asshole keeps trying to push for you having his child, even though he's not going to do anything until the child comes out, there is a good chance he could just bail at any time, and even after childbirth, you still don't know if this motherfucker is going to actually
    help with the child.

All in all, if you plan having a child then you wouldn't have this problem.
    LATEST

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kublkun For This Useful Post:

ap0. (07-26-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Giving birth is a lot harder than impregnating a woman lol. How are you even trying to argue this?
    ---------

Its called responsibility. I understand you use sex for recreation, but you do have to know the consequences of such actions. If you sleep with a woman, usually its assumed that you are in a relationship. If she wants a child, and you don't you have a problem, which you have to take responsibility for when you have sex with her.

I'm fine with the man wanting an abortion, but if you honestly think that women would sleep with a man, go through childbirth, and all that shit just for child payments? LOL, you have not raised a kid.
    ----------------------------

Listen you can complain about it all you want. Its really just between you and the woman, the law doesn't need to get involved in these scenarios.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    You telling a women who wants an abortion that she can't simply because you want to keep it is the equivalent of the women telling you that you have to receive a vasectomy without anesthesia because she doesn't want children at all. The amount of pain a women goes through during child birth is unimaginable to any man. Think of being kicked in the balls for hours non stop, that pain doesn't subside for what feels like an eternity, all to spawn something that will set you back physically, mentally, and financially. Then think about the amount of hormones surging throughout the woman's body, fucking with her mind and emotions. If she doesn't want to experience that she does not have to because it is her body.

Also, saying that because you impregnated her you have equal rights over the child is a terrible exertion of equal rights. That is the equivalent of saying that because you gave blood to someone that you half-own their body.

The fact remains, you willingly gave her your seed, but even if she did purposefully poke a hole in your condom, that still doesn't mean it is an equal distribution of responsibility.

C-Sections are necessary to save the babies life. Most women want a natural birth, however if the baby is backwards in the womb then it's head can have the umbilical cord wrapped around it and it could die from the stress of pulling it out feet first. Also, if a baby is not progressing as it should then a natural birth could kill the baby due to the amount pressure being exerted onto its body. C-Sections are meant to be the last line of defense in child birth to save the baby from future damages or death. Arguing that it is not safer or is not "better" is a moot point, it is not meant to be "better", it is meant to save the baby's life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast