Thanks

File changed W[2007] L[0] crossfire.exe error for crossfire NA

Hello everyone, I'd love some help with this problem, I tried completely uninstalling, deleting the z8games folder, downloading a new setup, downloading and installing with no antivirus and windows defender and firewall off. I see many fixes relating to changing the latest version by one in the version.ini file located in the folder and setting it to read only in properties, however whenever I launch the game it resets the file to normal and I get the same error again.

Keep in mind I am using windows 10(though in the past it worked fine..) and I have the latest crossfire NA version 1292(or so it seems like).

Please help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumb

Thanks
    Problem Solved. It was a problem with windows defender on windows 10, no matter if I disabled it or not. I read that when you have another antivirus program it disables itself completely. All I did was download another antivirus program(in my case AVG) and I disabled it then I just uninstalled completely crossfire( uninstall and delete remaining folder) and then reinstall it. No downloads. Please close thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Sometimes smartscreen interrupts into the process as well so might wanna check on those settings too