Thanks

How to improve your chances in PVP

so like the title says, I am going to briefly discuss what you should be doing to maximize your chances of doing well or at least doing better in pvp

not all of this will be new, but it will at least all be in one spot

1) be level 90 so you can use good enhancements and just have overall more damage. full wizard or full luck normally. you can also use the spiral carve awe enhancement, mana vamp or health vamp ones if you want. do NOT use powerword die. at a higher level, you also have more hp and better stats. this much should be obvious yet i see people who clearly bot who are not the max level. you can get there within a week or less plus it will help with all your other farming too.

2) Use a PVP amulet? What is this? Well, in /join thevoid in cell (r16, left), there is a monster called reaper. It drops this amulet that gives you +5000 or +5500 HP in pvp. the benefit of this should be obvious so unless you like getting one shot every time you enter a room, keep playing without an amulet

3) Use potions. some people cry really hard about this but if you want to do really well, you will use them. the people who are winning against you are more often than not. which potions? the most helpful ones for me are: potion of evasion from arcangrove and embersea's honor potion. potion of evasion gives you more haste and more evasion, meaning you can not only dodge more but also use your moves more often, which means faster stacking of skills that need it as well as overall more dps. the honor potion requires rank 10 good but actually increases the damage you do by 50% at the cost of moves costing 15% more mana. it's up to you if you want to use potions and when, but if you don't, enjoy getting outdamaged.

4) damage boosting weapons. Some weapons boost all-damage stats. the first is NSOD (necrotic sword of doom). this sword does 51% more damage to all monsters in game but NOT the people in pvp. the second most desirable one is bboa (burning blade of abazeth) at 30% more damage. but again this does NOT effect other users. bboa is easier to get but NSOD is definitely superior albeit far harder to bot for.

5) finally, what class should you play? well out of personal preference (and not necessarily in this order), i would choose infinite legion dark caster, lord of order, void highlord, and maybe shadowscythe general or lycan but it's pretty much up to you. i would not use lightcaster or any of the stock classes. also don't forget that using a weapon like NSOD can make even a poor class viable. same with potions although the effect NSOD has is much larger.

TLDR:

if you're going to take anything useful from this guide, it's this: get NSOD. If you can't get that, at least get BBOA. (This is assuming level 90, a +5000 or +5500 pvp amulet, and proper enhancements already). Grab some potions, pick a class you like, and you're good to go
    Last edited by meme; 11-28-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: requested

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aqwplayer For This Useful Post:

Dicker Max (12-12-2019),Gate_keeper31 (11-14-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Can you dm me about the stacking please?

Thanks
    yeah i sent you a message and i will probably add what i sent you to the guide eventually as well, thanks for asking

Thanks
    Yeah, human boosts don't work against people in pvp its been proven.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sirbillybigballs For This Useful Post:

aqwplayer (11-28-2019)

Thanks
    i'll have to look into it again and check. as i check, i'll see if the post can be updated
    Last edited by aqwplayer; 11-15-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks
    thanks to whoever removed all the strange stuff people started posting on this thread, i just want to point a few things out:

1) this is NOT a strategy guide. this is a "How to improve your chances in PVP" guide. again, NOT actual gameplay strategy. that's why i have not mentioned any actual strategies

2) please keep your personal opinion on using potions out of this thread. objectively, if you want to win, use potions/tonics. don't like it? don't use them. that's it.

3) don't like "op (overpowered)-pvp"? consider playing on safiria, the server that is trying to make "non-op pvp" relevant again.

4) if you're going to bring criticism, please make sure that it ends up being objectively factually correct like what sirbillybigballs has provided. criticism based on blatantly incorrect statements will be disregarded

5) please keep the discussion on-topic
    Last edited by aqwplayer; 11-17-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Lightcaster is a very good op class that I would recommend for 8v8 pvp (/bludrutbrawl) but every noob makes the mistake of equipping a 5k/5.5k amulet. For classes that you have mana problems with, check their stats and classes, if they have a line that says mana regen is relative to their own HP total, this mean that you'll have a way better chance at mana regen with the 1.5k/even the rare 3k amulet. Hope this helps, as this is a factor that is overlooked by everybody hence leading to your quick demise in bludrutbrawl thanks to people like me

P.S., don't use lightcaster if you don't have BBoA/NSoD.

Thanks
    yeah that's definitely a good point, certain classes do end up weaker because the hp buff can impact mana regen - only problem with that is that even if you do have higher mana regen, there's a higher risk of being one-shot, so it's a risk the individual has to consider

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    nsod does not do 51% more damage to players. that has been confirmed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HyBrider For This Useful Post:

aqwplayer (11-28-2019)

Thanks
    you are correct, i forgot to edit that part out on another commenter's initial correction. i'll take care of it, thanks