Thanks

Question Has there been a resurgence of bans on botters in AQW?

So far it's all hearsay but I'd like to know if anyone else knows anything. The most recent staff action I've seen against (suspected) botters was on Sep 2022, where they'd teleport players flagged of botting to them to check. Happened to an acquintance. Is this still being done, at least as frequently as it was?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GarudaMP View Post
    So far it's all hearsay but I'd like to know if anyone else knows anything. The most recent staff action I've seen against (suspected) botters was on Sep 2022, where they'd teleport players flagged of botting to them to check. Happened to an acquintance. Is this still being done, at least as frequently as it was?
    They have Multiple other ways to flag you from what I'm aware, some begin before you even login, that was probably just bored staff/testing at the time, as for actions taken, none on me, If that says anything...

I don't think they are currently taking action on Botters, I think they created a poll system that tells them whether players are legit vs not and have made some choices so far based on that. They may not try to get rid of us Botters, but keep the botting methods/code within what they are willing to have used. A.k.a. *A Blind Eye* unless ill-intended "hacking" not the type I've been doing...a simple client ehh they can update a few things and it wouldn't work...yet they haven't....

TLDR; I wouldn't worry short term, long term it's possible they will care more and begin taking action, right now they are focused on AQ2D/Etc... It's possible they plan to phase out flash, but I think they intend to run both variants Unity/Flash for a while at the very least.

Hope this helps answer your question.

This may be why I leave out the packet spammer option, packets will still be able to be used in Grimoire [PPAPI] just not spamming them like in Grimoire 3.6-3.8+RE.

From what I'm aware their mobile release will still use PPAPI so...no worries at the moment.
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 02-17-2023 at 06:43 PM.
    Contributor: March 14'th, Minionforce: March 15'th, Minion Plus: May 30'th, Former Staff: September 9'th, 2023

Coding Hobbyist | - Current Activity | BattleOn | RotMG |

Want to make my life better? <3 BTC: 3JoQRjwK28DVGTzL4mYkpjHRBeoFwNFVe7

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

GarudaMP (02-19-2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IfOnlyYouKnew View Post
    They have Multiple other ways to flag you from what I'm aware, some begin before you even login, that was probably just bored staff/testing at the time, as for actions taken, none on me, If that says anything...

I don't think they are currently taking action on Botters, I think they created a poll system that tells them whether players are legit vs not and have made some choices so far based on that. They may not try to get rid of us Botters, but keep the botting methods/code within what they are willing to have used. A.k.a. *A Blind Eye* unless ill-intended "hacking" not the type I've been doing...a simple client ehh they can update a few things and it wouldn't work...yet they haven't....

TLDR; I wouldn't worry short term, long term it's possible they will care more and begin taking action, right now they are focused on AQ2D/Etc... It's possible they plan to phase out flash, but I think they intend to run both variants Unity/Flash for a while at the very least.

Hope this helps answer your question.

This may be why I leave out the packet spammer option, packets will still be able to be used in Grimoire [PPAPI] just not spamming them like in Grimoire 3.6-3.8+RE.

From what I'm aware their mobile release will still use PPAPI so...no worries at the moment.
    It does, thank you for the input.

I've been quite busy the past couple months and I hope to finish the essential farms before they make the switch to the unity/steam version. On that topic, would botting still work when the game goes live on steam?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by GarudaMP View Post
    It does, thank you for the input.

I've been quite busy the past couple months and I hope to finish the essential farms before they make the switch to the unity/steam version. On that topic, would botting still work when the game goes live on steam?

Well, that one’s hard to say at the moment, depending on how hard they try to prevent it potentially not, but likely yes, will just once again need an entire rewrite of one of the botting programs over to unity/steam. May just be a whole new client needed.
    needed.
    Contributor: March 14'th, Minionforce: March 15'th, Minion Plus: May 30'th, Former Staff: September 9'th, 2023

Coding Hobbyist | - Current Activity | BattleOn | RotMG |

Want to make my life better? <3 BTC: 3JoQRjwK28DVGTzL4mYkpjHRBeoFwNFVe7

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

GarudaMP (02-19-2023)