Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by ProHackBot999 View Post
    For people concerned about the legality of the private servers...

1.) The source code for serverside is completely based off of WildShadow's Realm of the Mad God, and it's not even the complete source. Kabam can't say anything about that because it's not the user's fault that they have a hold of what WildShadow released. (also, we've screwed our sources to the point where Kabam won't really recognize that it's a realm code lol)

Well... other than Dilliots new release of the prod 23.1 source..

Quote Originally Posted by Club559 View Post
    Not sure if it counts, but I did have the page I was hosting the phoenix client on shut down by Kabam for copyright infringement. However, it was only shut down after someone posted the link to my page on the kabam forums. This is the only action I've ever seen them take.
    And wow, I never knew that happened, I guess it's because someone posted on the forums #trolls
    Last edited by Prince Zuko; 01-11-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I'd pay $20 a month for a "4GB RAM, 2 Cores, Unlimited TCP Ports (upon request), SSD Based Storage". That price is based on uncertainties that come along with dealing with a business that has no record. That price is not considering the value of having the source setup for you (which could be valuable to some). I currently pay $40 a month for something similar at digitalocean. I'm fine with that atm because I find that they provide a great service over there and have been very reliable. I'm not sure where you'll be hosting servers but I'd hope they would be hosted somewhere with a good amount of internet bandwidth.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA2 View Post
    Pfft. Is this thread a joke?

1. Most users on this forum are kids that have no clue what they're doing
    2. They also don't have money
    3. Realm Private Servers are doomed to fail, if they aren't doomed already. Is there even a server online at this moment not getting fucked over by some jealous 10 year old nerd? They are coded terribly, and unless the person working on the server knows what they are doing 100% (Years experience in C#) will they be able to fix the issues that are causing them to not be plausible to run at the moment.
    3.1. Considering there are maybe 1-2 servers actually running, where do you plan on getting your business from?
    4. Why would you even start a business around hosting something completely illegal? Why not start an actual hosting company and offer "Game Hosting" plans?
    5. Please come up with an actual business, this is completely embarrassing to read.
    So you go off MPGH for some time and then come back on just to say this crap.

Seriously... you really need to get updated.

The RotMG Pserver section you once knew last year has changed a fair bit
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Your Mom's Room w/ the Entire CoD Community
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox10 View Post
    If you need a hoster for your server I could easily do thast.
    I have a few words for what you just said...

1. This is someone else's thread offering a service, not a place to leach off of the people replying to this thread that may or may not want his service.

2. @ProHackBot999 IS NOT looking into @krazyshank 's services for personal use, only replying with an approximate amount of money he himself would spend for this service.

3. You spelled "that" wrong and it bothered me. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan_hh View Post
    Bought for 1.2$ on paypal, vouch for him, he gone first
    Wanna buy from him again
    Quote Originally Posted by jsutlikes View Post
    +1 vouch!>bou#!@#!@#!@

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    I'd pay $20 a month for a "4GB RAM, 2 Cores, Unlimited TCP Ports (upon request), SSD Based Storage". That price is based on uncertainties that come along with dealing with a business that has no record. That price is not considering the value of having the source setup for you (which could be valuable to some). I currently pay $40 a month for something similar at digitalocean. I'm fine with that atm because I find that they provide a great service over there and have been very reliable. I'm not sure where you'll be hosting servers but I'd hope they would be hosted somewhere with a good amount of internet bandwidth.
    Woah a wild nilly appeared...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlwong View Post
    So you go off MPGH for some time and then come back on just to say this crap.

Seriously... you really need to get updated.

The RotMG Pserver section you once knew last year has changed a fair bit
    Yes since 2013, and the beginning of 2014, the private server development and overall stuff has changed a lot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA2 View Post
    Pfft. Is this thread a joke?

1. Most users on this forum are kids that have no clue what they're doing
    2. They also don't have money
    3. Realm Private Servers are doomed to fail, if they aren't doomed already. Is there even a server online at this moment not getting fucked over by some jealous 10 year old nerd? They are coded terribly, and unless the person working on the server knows what they are doing 100% (Years experience in C#) will they be able to fix the issues that are causing them to not be plausible to run at the moment.
    3.1. Considering there are maybe 1-2 servers actually running, where do you plan on getting your business from?
    4. Why would you even start a business around hosting something completely illegal? Why not start an actual hosting company and offer "Game Hosting" plans?
    5. Please come up with an actual business, this is completely embarrassing to read.
    Your post gave me Cancer, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, HIV, AIDS, Cerebrovascular Disease AND Ischemic Heart Disease... Contratulations, You've doomed me to die a very fast and extremely painful death because of your completely lack of insight into what has happened to the private server community since the original MMOE team got into the action of working again... Along with other good contributors around the forums... My highlight would be @nilly for helping get the first AS3 Client Source, Even if it was just the bare bones.

Quote Originally Posted by easton816 View Post
    Well... other than Dilliots new release of the prod 23.1 source..
    Dilliots is based off of the original Core Source that built MMOE's Server... Same core and his version is shitty... I found 1 useful thing in it that wasn't rushed or just straight up retarded.

And wow, I never knew that happened, I guess it's because someone posted on the forums #trolls
    It was one of the main reasons that Phoenix had issues... Kabam hit us hard and we had to think of an alternate way to making sure we don't have to post a client on MPGH constantly... we did a lot of updates...

Yes since 2013, and the beginning of 2014, the private server development and overall stuff has changed a lot.
    The progress of Private Servers gets pushed forwards when certain developers, not limited to but includes Me and @Club559 decides to do a public release for something.

I did my share recently by posting My Client Source code that originally was given to use by @nilly as well as a Source Code that I put out there to have people start from scratch and not use the source codes that have been picked up by a lot of people and been fucked repeatedly while being gagged in a dark basement...
    To make that a little less dark... A piece of shit source system that shouldn't even exist.

-- On Topic --

The service is nice, Had I not already planned on Building my way into the Linux Community I would've considered it for the right price, It fast to contact as he's fairly active both here and on Skype, Downtimes wouldn't be an issue due to specs and the only lag you would get or issues would be by the server itself. If you can't fix them, you shouldn't be working with the source...

-- Off Topic --

When I released my source I got a lot of complains that people couldn't get it running... I personally think that if you can't get the source running on your own, you have no business working on private servers at all. It's a bare-bones source that was released in order to push the community into making something by themselves, so that can make the servers more stable on their own. If you have to rely on others to get your stuff fixed, you should just put down the source. Delete it from your hard drive and never ever look at it again.
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    --On Topic--

Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    I'd pay $20 a month for a "4GB RAM, 2 Cores, Unlimited TCP Ports (upon request), SSD Based Storage".
    Wow. My pricing for VPS systems must be rusty. Well, thanks anyways nilly!

Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post
    If you have to rely on others to get your stuff fixed, you should just put down the source. Delete it from your hard drive and never ever look at it again.
    I completely agree. (we didn't need a new post for this I know...)

--Off Topic--

Your post gave me Cancer, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, HIV, AIDS, Cerebrovascular Disease AND Ischemic Heart Disease...
    that font size is about to give me glaucoma

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Also, you must ensure to the costumer that source will never ever be published/sent to no one.
    People could offer you money for a certain source that you may host, in my opinion it's an important thing that you must sign on. @krazyshank

Thanks
    When I released my source I got a lot of complains that people couldn't get it running... I personally think that if you can't get the source running on your own, you have no business working on private servers at all. It's a bare-bones source that was released in order to push the community into making something by themselves, so that can make the servers more stable on their own. If you have to rely on others to get your stuff fixed, you should just put down the source. Delete it from your hard drive and never ever look at it again.
    I find this statement mildly amusing considering you are on nilly's forum begging him for help constantly. Maybe you should take your own advice and delete your shit source from your own hard drive.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I find this statement mildly amusing considering you are on nilly's forum begging him for help constantly. Maybe you should take your own advice and delete your shit source from your own hard drive.
    I'm not asking anyone to do my work for me, I'm asking for advice on something that already has been made by someone so I know where to start or what to look at
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by BARm View Post
    Also, you must ensure to the costumer that source will never ever be published/sent to no one.
    People could offer you money for a certain source that you may host, in my opinion it's an important thing that you must sign on. @krazyshank
    There are agreements that would be signed by me and the party that would ensure stuff like that wouldn't be an issue.
    I would make the OS image before-hand and do any work I needed before I moved it over to the server. At that point, I would have to actually do some work to get access again. It's possible, for if we have a fraudulent customer, but really inconvenient, and against the agreement.
    Last edited by krazyshank; 01-12-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    I have 16gb and 4 cores PC, i dont need a hoster, i can host for myself any source, heh.
    Last one opensource was the best. Ty @Kithio
    10-15 chars Multibox-squad, custom sync.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by kola95 View Post
    I have 16gb and 4 cores PC, i dont need a hoster, i can host for myself any source, heh.
    Last one opensource was the best. Ty @Kithio
    Thanks for contributing irrelevant ignorance.

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

14. The Following User Says Thank You to krazyshank For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Still got a question.

What would be the max bandwidth you would supply us and is this hosted from you or are you paying a company to host it instead?
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    +1 for DigitalOcean, great service, fair price, easy to scale based on your needs, easy backups, easy4everything

Oh and, you really need to leave that M$ mind, be free be tux :3

EDIT:
    Hmm i think i'm a bit off topic, i really need to go sleep ..
    Last edited by IziLife; 01-12-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast