Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Tdct, let me explain this for you, just one last time.

Since you think life is a game, you would think war is a game.

To say war is a game is to take it lightly, and by all means you obviously do since your a naive kid.

Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Gj, you try to make an argument, which, btw, that shit about the amount of caring for lost soldiers is waaay off, and here's how you can define a game:

Definitions of game on the Web:

•a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
    •a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
    •an amusement or pastime; "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
    •animal hunted for food or sport
    •(tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
    •(games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
    •the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
    •plot: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
    •the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game; "the child received several games for his birthday"
    •your occupation or line of work; "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
    •crippled: disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
    •bet on: place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
    •frivolous or trifling behavior; "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
    •willing to face danger
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•A game is a structured , usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for , and from art, which is more concerned with the expression of ideas. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

I don't see how killing/dieing goes into these at all. Also, you may define a game as linear, but if you call a dog's tail a leg, is it a leg? Of course not. It's still a tail, no matter what you call it or define it as.
    Last edited by Maddoc; 09-30-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Tdct, let me explain this for you, just one last time.

Since you think life is a game, you would think war is a game.

To say war is a game is to take it lightly, and by all means you obviously do since your a naive kid.
    Based on that post I can conclude one of two things
    a) you didn't read my post
    b) your a dumb ass

I justified life being a game to and for me, and it said it did not necessarily apply to you, and I justified my statements regarding war.

If your going to reply in opposition to my post, please give your response at least a semblance of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Gj, you try to make an argument, which, btw, that shit about the amount of caring for lost soldiers is waaay off, and here's how you can define a game:

Definitions of game on the Web:

•a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"
    •a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
    •an amusement or pastime; "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
    •animal hunted for food or sport
    •(tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
    •(games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
    •the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
    •plot: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor"; "I saw through his little game from the start"
    •the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game; "the child received several games for his birthday"
    •your occupation or line of work; "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
    •crippled: disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
    •bet on: place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
    •frivolous or trifling behavior; "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
    •willing to face danger
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•A game is a structured , usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for , and from art, which is more concerned with the expression of ideas. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

I don't see how killing/dieing goes into these at all. Also, you may define a game as linear, but if you call a dog's tail a leg, is it a leg? Of course not. It's still a tail, no matter what you call it or define it as.

"•a contest with rules to determine a winner;"
    , war fits this one, nice fail Maddoc
    btw only two or three of these definitions are relevant to the topic.
    You can't say something isn't a game just because it's morbid, that makes you naive Keep responding like this and you'll end up like empire /
    Last edited by tdct; 09-30-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    sadly its not a contest and there are no rules.

Let me explain this in a very, very simple way. War has no rules.

Its like saying murder has rules, it really doesn't. It has "consequences", yeah, but saying that really is obvious since everything does.

And from time to time people change the consequences, but war has no rules.
    -----------------------

Contest is only what the naive would call war.

Before WWI people were throwing parades for soldiers going to war, praising war itself like the people do before the world cup(for football). Then when the war started and they entered trench warfare, everyone was like "war is shit, wtf they said war was full of glory but its just shit."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Its like saying murder has rules, it really doesn't. It has "consequences", yeah, but saying that really is obvious since everything does.

-----------------------

Before WWI people were throwing parades for soldiers going to war, praising war itself like the people do before the world cup(for football). Then when the war started and they entered trench warfare, everyone was like "war is shit, wtf they said war was full of glory but its just shit."
    Acutally, you're wrong, it wasn't until the Vietnam War (Indochina Conflict) then the public turn negative toward war.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Acutally, you're wrong, it wasn't until the Vietnam War (Indochina Conflict) then the public turn negative toward war.
    I'm gonna agree, that the public who weren't soldiers did.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely

-----------------------

I'm just finding it hard to understand why he needs it explained to him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

-----------------------

It does have rules you dumbass, they're in compliance with a series of nations, and if you should choose to break them, the consequences can result in anything between a series of jail sentences to genocide.

Then there is the unbreakable rules of war, such as you must accomplish your goal using force, rather than peaceful treaties, and the very definition of war, gives it's attributes, and as a general rule, something can't contradict it's attributes, because then it wouldn't be an attribute /

You probably can't contemplate what I just said anywayze
    so I'll make it blatantly obvious, everything has rules, the only question is how obvious/strict they are.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

It does have rules you dumbass, they're in compliance with a series of nations, and if you should choose to break them, the consequences can result in anything between a series of jail sentences to genocide.

Then there is the unbreakable rules of war, such as you must accomplish your goal using force, rather than peaceful treaties, and the very definition of war, gives it's attributes, and as a general rule, something can't contradict it's attributes, because then it wouldn't be an attribute /

You probably can't contemplate what I just said anywayze
    so I'll make it blatantly obvious, everything has rules, the only question is how obvious/strict they are.
    You seem to not understand that not every nation is in the "series of nations" and that you can break them, the only part is if you get caught.

Unbreakable rules of war? So basically now you're putting the definition of war, and saying "this is a rule hur hur."

Nothing has rules lulz, in fact rules are in themselves an illusion. They do not actually exist, mankind just deludes themselves into thinking they do. You could make a rule saying birds can't fly, regardless of whether or not they do or will.

Tdct, once again, you think life is a game, that in itself shows how naive you are on this topic alone.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

You seem to not understand that not every nation is in the "series of nations" and that you can break them, the only part is if you get caught.

Unbreakable rules of war? So basically now you're putting the definition of war, and saying "this is a rule hur hur."

Nothing has rules lulz, in fact rules are in themselves an illusion. They do not actually exist, mankind just deludes themselves into thinking they do. You could make a rule saying birds can't fly, regardless of whether or not they do or will.

Tdct, once again, you think life is a game, that in itself shows how naive you are on this topic alone.
    Okay saying all rules are an illusion makes you a delusional idiot, everything has rules, even something such as basic as the laws of physics are rules, empire can you magically lift of the ground and start flying? No you can't. Because you'd be violating one of the laws of physics (law = rule) Btw just because your not caught breaking a rule does not mean it wasn't broken, people get away with breaking rules all the time, even in sports such as football.

"Tdct, once again, you think life is a game, that in itself shows how naive you are on this topic alone." The opposite is true, I'd say it shows perspective, whereas your only emphasizing your lack of intelligence by disagreeing with such a sound argument, while you have none

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    *sigh* If you think life is a game, you would automatically think everything in life is a game.

Seems this is gonna go in a never ending loops since you obviously can't see the connection.

And since you are the only one who doesn't agree, i'll count this thread as done.

Yesterday it was USA but todays lookin more like China
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    i wish life life was fair, or at least close
    "sigh"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

Okay saying all rules are an illusion makes you a delusional idiot, everything has rules, even something such as basic as the laws of physics are rules, empire can you magically lift of the ground and start flying? No you can't. Because you'd be violating one of the laws of physics (law = rule) Btw just because your not caught breaking a rule does not mean it wasn't broken, people get away with breaking rules all the time, even in sports such as football.

"Tdct, once again, you think life is a game, that in itself shows how naive you are on this topic alone." The opposite is true, I'd say it shows perspective, whereas your only emphasizing your lack of intelligence by disagreeing with such a sound argument, while you have none
    I hate to say it, Empire, but he's got you there.

BUT, war doesn't have rules. It has consequences if you do something, but the are no rules trhat restrict (on the battlefield) from doing horrible things little shootin kids and stuff like that. It only has consequences because the majority of people in the world don't agree with doing bad stuff like that, so they punish the person who did that, not because of any rules that came with war, but because people don't like.

War is not something that came in a box and had instructions on how to fight and had rules. The rules you've shown are all things that man has agreed on. Like, if playing a game of soccer, if you can win by reaching a certain amount of goals, or how long you'll play. (But don't think I'm saying war is a game.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    I hate to say it, Empire, but he's got you there.

BUT, war doesn't have rules. It has consequences if you do something, but the are no rules trhat restrict (on the battlefield) from doing horrible things little shootin kids and stuff like that. It only has consequences because the majority of people in the world don't agree with doing bad stuff like that, so they punish the person who did that, not because of any rules that came with war, but because people don't like.

War is not something that came in a box and had instructions on how to fight and had rules. The rules you've shown are all things that man has agreed on. Like, if playing a game of soccer, if you can win by reaching a certain amount of goals, or how long you'll play. (But don't think I'm saying war is a game.)
    Isn't that what rules are? You break them and have consequences? All human rules have no restriction. Do you drink while you're not the age? Yes, almost every teenagers do at one point or another. You can get away with it, but busted by the cops: fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    War is a Game:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast