Thanks

Possible to edit weapon models?

I was wondering if there's a way to edit weapon models as I was going to try to attempt to change the M4 to the MW2 version. But seeing th problem as not knowing how to do so, I wanted to see if the MPGH community could help with this problem and such. If someone can help out I might even release the mod on here aswell to share.

Thanks
    possible, but not for a begining modder like you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    If you can figure out how to get the modern warfare M4 to lta file format by yourself, I would be willing to help you out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by yodaliketaco View Post
    If you can figure out how to get the modern warfare M4 to lta file format by yourself, I would be willing to help you out.
    Dude, there is no way to export the animation for Modern Warfare 2 you can only rig the model and the texture out and then you have to reanimate it in 3DS max 2007 or Maya 5.0 and export it with the script that is provided by LithTech Jupiter and export it to LTA. Not to mention we have no First Person Hand models for the Combat Arms file yet. And if he actually can get all that and get it to LTA he doesn't need your help he would already know what to do.

P.S. you need to know some experience working with 3DS Max.
    I am one of the founder of Fail Sause Prodution and Project Recon
    Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare inside of Combat Arms Click in the link below.(WIP)(DEAD)
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/211-combat...mbat-arms.html
    [IMG]https://i793.photobucke*****m/albums/yy211/noob555/PRMT_Remixdvd.gif[/IMG]

The Biggest Project that I am currently doing:
    MODERN WARFARE 2 Into COMBAT ARMS

Thanks
    lol, There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...

That made me laugh, because I actually go back to basic, basic A, pascal, and binary. I am sure that should reveal my age.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    ez .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by remixdvd View Post
    Dude, there is no way to export the animation for Modern Warfare 2 you can only rig the model and the texture out and then you have to reanimate it in 3DS max 2007 or Maya 5.0 and export it with the script that is provided by LithTech Jupiter and export it to LTA. Not to mention we have no First Person Hand models for the Combat Arms file yet. And if he actually can get all that and get it to LTA he doesn't need your help he would already know what to do.

Yeah, I know. I was basically just trying to say that he's not gonna get help till he proves himself worthy.

BTW, I just started a project of trying to port guns from fallout3 to CA. Probably won't work, but it's worth a shot. Next possible game is AVP.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Funny how people come and think that taking models from another game and putting it in CA is as easy as eating cake

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kentonyu For This Useful Post:

pwnednubs0 (10-26-2010),Viper 85626 (10-26-2010)

Thanks
    I never was saying that I'd think this is easy, just wanted to try something new rather than the old injecting and creating texture, replacing weapons with other weapons, etc.

Originally Posted by remixdvd

I don't have any experience with 3DS Max, only Maya 2010 :/

Originally Posted by yodaliketaco

I wasn't thinking about trying to get the file from the MW2 itself, I was thinking (I know this might sound confusing) of editting the Combat Arms model itself. The animation of reload and weapon drawing won't be possible yet I know.
    Last edited by DACynder; 10-26-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by mylife. View Post
    ez .
    lololololol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by kentonyu View Post

Funny how people come and think that taking models from another game and putting it in CA is as easy as eating cake
    Ik the pain. I remember first time I did that. So many hours of making a model.

And try blender if you don't have the money for the downloads. You can use the search button on the forums to figure out a BASIC tutorial. Also, if you do try to convert something from another game. Please do notice that you may have to convert it to several other formats BEFORE getting to a LTB...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kentonyu View Post

I read in a post somewhere, that all you have to do is find the gun you want to change, Find the gun in CA, then open up the file in a hex Editor, C+P over the gun from the other game, then paste it into the CA . l t b file. Well, at least that's what I saw.