Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Jobs - Government and President Choices

I have my own theory about Politics, Jobs, Taxes.

1. The Government isn't responsible for creating jobs. For some reason many seem to think this but in reality that is not their purpose. Sure they create some jobs through the Federal and State levels to operate however they are not the driving engine. They may also influence to some degree the creation of jobs however they really need to get out of that business.

Government is here to protect us and that's the bottom line. Doesn't matter if you are Republican or Democrat. In the United States we are living in a free market that has propelled us into what we are today.

Government taxes us so they can pay for Police, Fire, Hospitals, Military, Education, the Federal Reserve and many other things that are here to protect and keep us united and maintain a stable economy, etc. Their role in a stable economy means controlling and regulating the currency, protecting our interests through military and managing highways roads and other basic forms of infrastructure. Protecting citizens from harm from the private sector through regulation and rules. Protecting the environment and the list goes on.

Bottom line is they should not be the place you go for handouts or free rides.

Yes the tax system is in bad shape and it does need some work so that everyone pays the same percentage of their income. I won't get into that.

What I really wanted to focus on in this was that Jobs do exist and are everywhere. The problem isnt that jobs dont exist, the problem is people need to pull their head out of their ass, get off the couch and put some hard work into reeducating themselves in a category where the jobs are being created. The high unemployment rate is because jobs did disappear, but its because they went obsolete. We cant expect to stay in the mainstream manufacturing industry and rise to the future. We shift those jobs oversees and then people learn the trades and skills needed today, not yesterday. So what do they do, they collect unemployment searching for a job that no longer exists complaining there are no jobs. Get real!

I can tell you from experience that there are so many jobs available in many companies that they cant find enough people to fill them. How can that be? Because for example, if we need 100 people for a certain job and only 50 people are available in the market who are qualified, that's 50 jobs we cannot fill until someone gets into that industry. Each person is responsible for you own success and if your waiting for the government to get you there, your going to stay poor, unemployed or continue working at a job you hate. Thats your fault not theirs. Education is at anyone's reach if you apply yourself. Problem is laziness or those in the new generation that expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. Go ahead and keep thinking that and you will complain till you die.

As of Today based on my individual search on Indeed.com which pulls job listings from multiple job sites, these are all the jobs that are open and need to be filled.

Alabama 26,634
    Alaska 6,197
    Arizona 48,833
    Arkansas 14,817
    California 247,719
    Colorado 43,451
    Connecticut 30,868
    Delaware 7,574
    District of Columbia 77,499
    Florida 119,572
    Georgia 68,501
    Hawaii 7,521
    Idaho 6,761
    Illinois 105,807
    Indiana 47,401
    Iowa 22,687
    Kansas 20,909
    Kentucky 26,165
    Louisiana 24,704
    Maine 9,093
    Maryland 57,143
    Massachusetts 72,668
    Michigan 54,657
    Minnesota 43,977
    Mississippi 12,074
    Missouri 39,211
    Montana 5,938
    Nebraska 13,601
    Nevada 17,646
    New Hampshire 10,590
    New Jersey 66,703
    New Mexico 14,108
    New York 137,870
    North Carolina 63,514
    North Dakota 7,336
    Ohio 83,892
    Oklahoma 24,770
    Oregon 24,127
    Pennsylvania 93,299
    Rhode Island 7,048
    South Carolina 27,243
    South Dakota 6,113
    Tennessee 40,432
    Texas 194,442
    Utah 16,357
    Vermont 4,949
    Virginia 81,249
    Washington 46,109
    West Virginia 11,306
    Wisconsin 39,817
    Wyoming 4,454

US Population: 311,591,917
    Unemployment Rate: 8.2%
    Total Unemployed: 25,550,537
    Current Jobs Available right now needing you: 2,285,356

Lets think about those totals for a moment. Did you know that if everyone who was unemployeed, went and searched the job boards, identified the industries and job types that have the most jobs, focused on education to get the skills needed and we filled all of those 2.2 million openings, those jobs would generate more income into the economy which in turn would generate 10x more jobs. It is a multiplier effect which will reduce the unemployment rate. Some require a degree and some do not. Many can be as simple as buying a book on the subject, taking a couple classes and educating yourself, yes it is actually possible.

The problem is most of the unemployeed have skills of yesterday and didnt prepare for the jobs of today.

Hottest industries right now desperatly seeking new people to hire and cant fill their quotas.

Healthcare
    Energy
    Information Technology
    Financial

So if your voting for a new president Republican or Democrat on the basis that one will generate more jobs than another, your wasting your time. Neither of them can and any who try to take credit for it are taking credit for something the private sectors did without them.

Need a job, stop complaining and go get one. Don't have what it takes, go get educated and leave those old skills behind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    wrote this for nothing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Lol Obama did some good stuff about job?

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    i THINK SO .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Obama's policies are kind of like FDR's New Deal.

Some people see it as hurting, others see it as good. In the end the economy will always bounce back so its really "how much are you helping/hurting" that.
    ------------------------

Personally I disapprove of some of them, like others, and am very cautious of anything that he says. Because 99 out of a 100 times, the government will screw you over somehow. It might sound nice(healthcare for example) but it might also be worse.

The government isn't very good at handling its own business, so I am also weary of anything relating to that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Obama's policies are kind of like FDR's New Deal.

Some people see it as hurting, others see it as good. In the end the economy will always bounce back so its really "how much are you helping/hurting" that.
    ------------------------

Personally I disapprove of some of them, like others, and am very cautious of anything that he says. Because 99 out of a 100 times, the government will screw you over somehow. It might sound nice(healthcare for example) but it might also be worse.

The government isn't very good at handling its own business, so I am also weary of anything relating to that.
    I just can't believe he actually put Obamacare through. I mean, it removes the private sector of Medicare, and will end up in resulting to a choice between waiting five months for a cast for a broken leg, or paying the triple rate it normally would be because doctors are getting fucked so hard at the hospitals they'll be starting their own private practices.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    type of problem arises with every single nation these days.
    Last edited by Instrumental; 11-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I just can't believe he actually put Obamacare through. I mean, it removes the private sector of Medicare, and will end up in resulting to a choice between waiting five months for a cast for a broken leg, or paying the triple rate it normally would be because doctors are getting fucked so hard at the hospitals they'll be starting their own private practices.
    Thats essentially the problem with all government practice. It sounds nice(free healthcare!) but its shit in practice.

:/ This healthcare shit is just going to end badly anyways. The US is simply not the same type of country as the free-healthcare places, especially economy wise.
    ------------------

The people who need free healthcare most are still going to run into the same amount of problems. Its just another fuck-up.

Thanks

Thats essentially the problem with all government practice. It sounds nice(free healthcare!) but its shit in practice.

:/ This healthcare shit is just going to end badly anyways. The US is simply not the same type of country as the free-healthcare places, especially economy wise.
    ------------------

The people who need free healthcare most are still going to run into the same amount of problems. Its just another fuck-up.
    Meanwhile the middle class is getting fucked over more than anybody else :/ Not right man, middle class deserve the most breaks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Meanwhile the middle class is getting fucked over more than anybody else :/ Not right man, middle class deserve the most breaks.
    :/ The middle/lower class will always be fucked by the upper.

Thanks

:/ The middle/lower class will always be fucked by the upper.
    It's why we need to go back to the good old days of statesmen

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

It's why we need to go back to the good old days of statesmen
    They just need to set a limit on the rich.

Some people have too much money that they can't even spend it all reasonably, that in itself is a bad thing but when there are too many of these people it just fucks over everyone else.

I know "down to the rich" is cliche, but the actual rich, don't deserve it.

Thanks

They just need to set a limit on the rich.

Some people have too much money that they can't even spend it all reasonably, that in itself is a bad thing but when there are too many of these people it just fucks over everyone else.

I know "down to the rich" is cliche, but the actual rich, don't deserve it.
    I agree and disagree. Many people work hard to get to where they are today, however I believe when someone hits a certain reported income they should have an entire background evaluation done to see how exactly they generated that income. I also feel like the IRS should get out of the Middle Class's business and start collecting the billions the rich in America haven't had to pay because of "loopholes", there shouldn't be any loopholes in taxes because when there are, only top-notch lawyers are going to be able to find them, and only the rich can afford them as they usually have teams of paralegals to find that crap.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I agree and disagree. Many people work hard to get to where they are today, however I believe when someone hits a certain reported income they should have an entire background evaluation done to see how exactly they generated that income. I also feel like the IRS should get out of the Middle Class's business and start collecting the billions the rich in America haven't had to pay because of "loopholes", there shouldn't be any loopholes in taxes because when there are, only top-notch lawyers are going to be able to find them, and only the rich can afford them as they usually have teams of paralegals to find that crap.
    Well it becomes a bit ridiculous especially with ownership of companies and such. Not to mention several rich people have a better tax rate than their maids.

Its just silly when ownership of a company can net you more money than the salaries of all the workers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Well it becomes a bit ridiculous especially with ownership of companies and such. Not to mention several rich people have a better tax rate than their maids.
    Its just silly when ownership of a company can net you more money than the salaries of all the workers.
    Problem is that Congress is corrupted and is too incompetent to reach a proper cooperation
    Look up Grover Norquist
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast