Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Post [FSOD] - How to add Custom Ground (dat0.xml)

How to add Custom Ground (NOT OBJECTS!)

Specifically speaking, ground is quite similar to how you add things in particular to the dat1.xml file. However, I will be showing you how to do it for ground, which is the dat0.xml, and specifically how to implement into your client. (27.7.X2)

To Begin, Note the downloadable zip file contains 4 preset images to work with as an example, the images are basic Gold Sand ground that fades into a default Nexus Grass, it can help your beaches look better, let me show you how to implement it and your own custom ground.

Firstly, if you wish to create your custom ground, please make sure you have your graphics already.

You will need to add them to a spritesheet, if not done so already, go to your RotMG Source Folder (Client, not server) and under the 'src' folder look for: lofiObj3

You should find a .png file, open it up in a text editor, go to the very bottom where assumably the Ring of Decades is the last item in the spritesheet, go to the right of it and just simply import your 8x8 sprite.

== dat0.xml Part ==

Open your server source and search for 'dat0.xml'

Inside, search 'gold sand' (as an example) and copy it from the beginning <Ground> to the end </Ground>

It should look like this:

Now, simply change the TYPE to something not in use, attempt to use a low TYPE number since it can cause lag if too high, for example use 0x820

Change the ID to something different, such as: "Fur Block" (just name it whatever you want!)

Then, under textures, go to "lofiEnvironment3" and replace it to "lofiObj3" .. if it is already lofiObj3, just skip this step.

Change index to: 0x565 (This will be the slot after ring of decades, increase the final digit for each sprite you add until reaching 9, then use alphabetical order starting with the letter a and so fourth)

Then your set! Dat0.xml is complete. Move to next step.

Now, moving to the client may seem like a scary and intimidating challenge, as some tutorials have not made them new user-friendly, but do not fear, as adding to the client is quite simple, especially beyond what some of these people go say by decompiling using JPEX.

You do not need to use JPEX.

Simply go to your Client's folder, and go to its SRC folder. (Screenshot below)

Once you have opened that up, go to the search bar (we go into this folder first to hide results that may linger in debug-bin)

Type in SearchBar: EmbeddedData_GroundCXML

Open the .dat one, and simply copy your ENTIRE dat0.xml into this, replace EVERYTHING.

Then, simply save the file and re-compile your Client and Server.

Note: You can also edit this file inside your Clients Editor of your choice, I prefer to edit it out of it since it's a hassle personally to open up Intelij every time..

Now upon opening your server and client, you will have the ground in the Editor! (Alphabetical Order, so make sure you use that to find your Ground in the mess of the editor that doesn't have a searchbar

If you need any help comment below, I will always help you! <3
    These blocks will be released on my future Dragons Realm Server, please provide proper credits if used.
    Sprites By: DragonKing
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files
    Last edited by AngelTheSuperKitten; 09-08-2018 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Fixing Images not working

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelTheSuperKitten For This Useful Post:

Demon (09-07-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sprites stolen, credits not given!

Good tutorial, if it works.
    Nice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Sprites stolen, credits not given!