Thread: Debugger

Thanks

Debugger

So currently I am using the VEH debugger from CE, but for some reason, it is extremely slow for me. I don't know enough to mess with the debugger settings, so can someone advise me on which debugger is best to use for Maplestory as well as the settings? I tried x64dbg but couldn't find Maplestory windows to attach to, I didn't look further into that but if anyone with more experience can give me some tips on debuggers. Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by guri101 View Post
    So currently I am using the VEH debugger from CE, but for some reason, it is extremely slow for me. I don't know enough to mess with the debugger settings, so can someone advise me on which debugger is best to use for Maplestory as well as the settings? I tried x64dbg but couldn't find Maplestory windows to attach to, I didn't look further into that but if anyone with more experience can give me some tips on debuggers. Thank you in advance.
    For a debugger, you can use all the tools that are available. I personally use VEH on Cheat Engine and also look through the memory/branching with the Memory View Function Call Branching. I also pair it with Ghidra's Decompiler to jump from place to place. It's all about taking your time to looking through the opcodes/branching. Ghidra's decompiler also helps with making sense of the code sometimes, but you need to really process the information. I would say x64dbg is good, but you need to make sure you have Themidie or ScyllaHide (I think ScyllaHide) to bypass Themida on the MapleStory private servers.

Ghidra: Static Analysis (You don't have to run MapleStory, just pop it in and it will parse the opcodes)
    Cheat Engine: Runtime Analysis (Great for when you want to find real-time data. These are things like Amount/Timing/Pet Hunger/Buff Counters/Unlimited Attack)

Good luck on your journey