Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Project Lunchables aka Raccoon Realms 2

I hesitate to even post this here given how most of these forums are dedicated to hacks, exploits, and other means by which to cheat but I've gotten most of the gang back together for a new Raccoon Realms, currently in closed testing as Project Lunchables.

We're already hosted on hostwinds VPS and are in closed testing but we should be up for a public release this November.

Those of you familiar with the original Raccoon Realms are going to find that we're currently a shell of our former selves.
    For example, we've ditched FSoD in exchange for NRcore. This means we ain't got pets and no plans to implement them but it also means we have more working prod dungeons than we did before.

Our current list of features includes but is not limited to:
    Working forge with UI
    Consolidated merchant with UI
    The Glorious Trap White makes it's triumphant return
    EX versions of established dungeon bosses have a small chance to spawn when the original boss is killed, giving end-game players a reason to venture into early-game dungeons again.
    We've removed several tiers of gear. The new tiers have had their stats adjusted to compensate.
    ALL tier'd gear has original art. No prod assets used for tier'd gear.

I'll probably be asking for guidance in the help forums and whatnot over the next few weeks so that we can go public with more features and content. I'm not finding as nearly much help for NRcore tutorials as there are for FSoD tho...

Will keep y'all updated as we add things prior to our official release. I'm paying through the nose for the VPS so hopefully it'll all pan out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (11-14-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    We're getting closer to a public launch. Should be about 2 weeks.
    Some key things were added mainly:
    Preparation for our first seasonal event (we're gonna miss Halloween but Xmas is around the corner...)
    Dyes and cloths are now classified as random loot drops and have a few sources.
    A means to allow the trading of fame - setting the stage for a player-driven economy that doesn't rely entirely on life pots and decas
    ...and the complete removal of Soulbound allowing any item to be traded and bartered with.

Things we need must complete before we even think of launching publicly are:
    custom dungeons
    A fix for skin items not activating properly
    The repair or outright deletion of certain prod dungeons that were broken by default in the nrcore source
    mscale fix (the tutorial in MPGH for this does not work on our version of nrcore)
    a random item generator consumable
    Last edited by Beex; 10-27-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Diiscord/Outside Links not allowed on MPGH. Keep up the hard work though <3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (10-26-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    We should be ready to open it up and stress test the servers **hopefully** by next Friday.
    I just lost a developer so I'm a little bit further behind than I want to be.

EDIT to make clear the dev left cause life shit popped up and not because of any infighting. We're a pretty low-drama community and I smoke too much weed to be angry. He's still got dev perms in our cord chat so he can swing by and see what we're working on under the hood.

Things we're working on currently: 2 new dungeons, one with a rather historic flair. At least one of these two should be available by public launch.
    Creating new UTs to associate with these new additions
    Refining our crafting lists
    Last edited by Mister_Raccoon; 11-06-2020 at 07:04 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (11-14-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Okay. It's finally official. No more delays.
    We will be fully ready for public consumption the week of Thanksgiving. We're going to pair our grand opening along with our first Winter themed event where you'll take on Mean Old Xmas Jack for a shot at the rarest crafting material in the game and other goodies.

We'll also be opening with our first fully realized custom dungeon in a series of 2 that are going to be inspired by the historic chess matches between Garry Kasparov and the AI known as Deep Blue.

This could probably be sped up a bit if we had some more eyes and hands in Staff/Dev roles but since I can't directly ask for the help in this here forums it is what it is. So while I cobble together basic behaviors and learn to love the janky sprites I made for the Kasparov encounter, y'all just gonna have to wait for me to finish it solo, hence the new delay.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (11-14-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon View Post
    Okay. It's finally official. No more delays.
    We will be fully ready for public consumption the week of Thanksgiving. We're going to pair our grand opening along with our first Winter themed event where you'll take on Mean Old Xmas Jack for a shot at the rarest crafting material in the game and other goodies.

We'll also be opening with our first fully realized custom dungeon in a series of 2 that are going to be inspired by the historic chess matches between Garry Kasparov and the AI known as Deep Blue.

This could probably be sped up a bit if we had some more eyes and hands in Staff/Dev roles but since I can't directly ask for the help in this here forums it is what it is. So while I cobble together basic behaviors and learn to love the janky sprites I made for the Kasparov encounter, y'all just gonna have to wait for me to finish it solo, hence the new delay.
    Question. Is there any way to contact you privately? Tried Pming you but apparently I'm not smart enough to figure that out. Not sure if I can post my Disc here either but if I can just let me know.

Wanted to talk to you in regards to the project.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsJustZealy For This Useful Post:

Mister_Raccoon (11-22-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustZealy View Post
    Question. Is there any way to contact you privately? Tried Pming you but apparently I'm not smart enough to figure that out. Not sure if I can post my Disc here either but if I can just let me know.

Wanted to talk to you in regards to the project.
    The posting of disc links isn't allowed in the forums in general. This seems like a super constricting move given the nature of pservers and all but whatever it's their house their rules. And I'm too retarded to figure out how DMs work here as they don't exactly make it obvious. But I think I just hit you up on your profile with my disc handle. Come holler at me.
    Last edited by Mister_Raccoon; 11-22-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    really cool to see new pservers popping out and about

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm excited to announce that we're finally opening for public consumption later this very week. By the weekend for sure.
    We're just putting on some finishing touches and getting a few new contributors acclimated to the Raccy method.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to clue you guys in on how to join seeing as how they don't allow disc links here... but we'll cross that bridge later I suppose.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I'm excited to announce that we're finally opening for public consumption later this very week. By the weekend for sure.
    We're just putting on some finishing touches and getting a few new contributors acclimated to the Raccy method.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to clue you guys in on how to join seeing as how they don't allow disc links here... but we'll cross that bridge later I suppose.
    Should be quite simple to show entrance to play though, just check the sticky here. (also im moving this thread to private server discussion)
    Last edited by Beex; 11-25-2020 at 05:14 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Beex For This Useful Post:

Mister_Raccoon (11-26-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Beex View Post

Should be quite simple to show entrance to play though, just check the sticky here. (also im moving this thread to private server discussion)
    Jeez y'all got a lot of rules just to announce a server opening. But whatev, it's cool. Your house, your rules.
    I do have a couple of questions though:
    1) Should I make a new thread to announce public release?
    2) What if we don't have any files to download per se? I know my lead dev is working on an AIR client for distribution down the line but we'll just need people to visit a URL through their flash player of choice. Do we still need to provide virus scans of some sort?
    3) Does "inactive server owners" necessarily mean server owners who aren't active **here** or just in their game?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (11-28-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Jeez y'all got a lot of rules just to announce a server opening. But whatev, it's cool. Your house, your rules.
    I do have a couple of questions though:
    1) Should I make a new thread to announce public release?
    2) What if we don't have any files to download per se? I know my lead dev is working on an AIR client for distribution down the line but we'll just need people to visit a URL through their flash player of choice. Do we still need to provide virus scans of some sort?
    3) Does "inactive server owners" necessarily mean server owners who aren't active **here** or just in their game?
    Well i should note that the private server rules here are essentially ancient, they could be subject to review at a later date with signs of life in here.
    I'll do my best to answer your points now

-It would be best to make a new thread with a [Release] tag especially now that i've moved this thread to the discussion subforum. It gives you a chance to have a grand opening in a sense, if you can dig it

-I highly highly recommend creating an .swf based build for ease of testing. The main point is that i need some way of proof that there's no harmful activity going on so if we can figure that out some way i would be willing to approve on that basis until you guys get the client situation sorted

-I think the inactive server owner rule is a bit dated. as long as you are keeping your server online and all the directions in your thread are still functional then i will be fine with that. you won't need to be always active here in that case, perhaps for just updates that alter the directions in your thread and whenever you check

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Beex For This Useful Post:

Mister_Raccoon (11-29-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Beex View Post

Well i should note that the private server rules here are essentially ancient, they could be subject to review at a later date with signs of life in here.
    I'll do my best to answer your points now

-It would be best to make a new thread with a [Release] tag especially now that i've moved this thread to the discussion subforum. It gives you a chance to have a grand opening in a sense, if you can dig it

-I highly highly recommend creating an .swf based build for ease of testing. The main point is that i need some way of proof that there's no harmful activity going on so if we can figure that out some way i would be willing to approve on that basis until you guys get the client situation sorted

-I think the inactive server owner rule is a bit dated. as long as you are keeping your server online and all the directions in your thread are still functional then i will be fine with that. you won't need to be always active here in that case, perhaps for just updates that alter the directions in your thread and whenever you check
    Alrighty fair enough, I suppose.
    But we were really hoping not to just be handing out .swf files. As a matter of fact, when people used the game link in their browser it pumped out a file but we made the game unplayable from that file as another measure of not making it **too** easy to exploit the client. I don't know how we're going to reconcile this if it's a hard-set rule you guys have. I'd rather not announce my opening here if that's going to be a sticking point. At best I'd tell people in this thread that we're open but good luck finding us aside from the word of mouth of our disc users.

I'm not in this for money anyway. We're a no donation server. So whether 100 people hear about us or just 10, makes no difference to me. I won't be handing out files willy nilly. It just won't happen.

As an alternative I could DM you the addy. You or an approved agent on your behalf could check out our middling little server when it opens tomorrow (technically today as it's after midnight) and see that aside from some poor planning there's no funny business on our end. But we won't just be handing out client files. Especially here where over half the people posting are looking for ways to exploit lmfao

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I am beyond pleased to announce that we're finally open.
    There's going to be some growing pains and downtime for hotfixes as our server adjusts to having more than just testers in it but we should have consistent, reliable, 24/7 uptime in about a week... maybe less.

I'm considering making a dedicated "we're open" thread, as suggested by @Beex, but I need to work out a couple of details first.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Raccoon For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (11-30-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Alrighty fair enough, I suppose.
    But we were really hoping not to just be handing out .swf files. As a matter of fact, when people used the game link in their browser it pumped out a file but we made the game unplayable from that file as another measure of not making it **too** easy to exploit the client. I don't know how we're going to reconcile this if it's a hard-set rule you guys have. I'd rather not announce my opening here if that's going to be a sticking point. At best I'd tell people in this thread that we're open but good luck finding us aside from the word of mouth of our disc users.

I'm not in this for money anyway. We're a no donation server. So whether 100 people hear about us or just 10, makes no difference to me. I won't be handing out files willy nilly. It just won't happen.

As an alternative I could DM you the addy. You or an approved agent on your behalf could check out our middling little server when it opens tomorrow (technically today as it's after midnight) and see that aside from some poor planning there's no funny business on our end. But we won't just be handing out client files. Especially here where over half the people posting are looking for ways to exploit lmfao
    The .swf is already handed out on your git so im not quite sure the big deal is here, infact whatever domainlocking trick you are trying to use probably isnt going to work, as those can by bypassed in minutes by anyone with a bit of knowledge.

Since you care so much about people exploiting your server, take a look at this source https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1504486. Needs some fixing if you want to use it, but you could try to copy over the anti-cheat from it to whatever source you are using.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRaarupBirk For This Useful Post:

Mister_Raccoon (11-30-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
    The .swf is already handed out on your git so im not quite sure the big deal is here, infact whatever domainlocking trick you are trying to use probably isnt going to work, as those can by bypassed in minutes by anyone with a bit of knowledge.

Since you care so much about people exploiting your server, take a look at this source https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1504486. Needs some fixing if you want to use it, but you could try to copy over the anti-cheat from it to whatever source you are using.

You're probably right and I'm overthinking this too much.
    I just didn't think the virus scans and whatnot were necessary if the primary and preferred means of connecting to the server doesn't require a file anyway.
    Whatever. I'll get over myself and put it out there. I'd just have preferred not to. It's a stupid rule.