View Poll Results: Should a Private Server Programing Section Be Added?

Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • Yes

10 50.00%
  • No

10 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Should MPGH Add new Programing Sections?

Dear Programmers of All Languages ,

I am Mike also known as Coder Never. I want to release a coding style/Section to MPGH, well there are two of them, but they fit in the same catorgy. Private Game Development (Remakes of Games that are easier to code, and that you can design for own style. One is called SA-MP which stands for San Andreas Multi-player , which is a online supported version of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that anyone can code and put online. The other one is Runescape Private, this one is based of Runescape.com and is highly customizable. Both of these Languages are identical to C++ , but alot easier these two codes are the first Languages I ever learned, and in the grand scale of coding I looked back at it for reference, and it really helped me alot. I want you the programmers of MPGH to decide rather they should be added or if they shouldn't be added. I am not the best at both of them, but I know enough information to get people started at them, and give them the basics.

Please Note : Obama told me to post here so please do not flame me.

Sincerely ,
    Fellow Programmer Coder Never

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CoderNever For This Useful Post:

dsv.13 (12-10-2009),Obama (12-09-2009),why06 (12-10-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Never View Post
    Dear Programmers of All Languages ,

I am Mike also known as Coder Never. I want to release a coding style/Section to MPGH, well there are two of them, but they fit in the same catorgy. Private Game Development (Remakes of Games that are easier to code, and that you can design for own style. One is called SA-MP which stands for San Andreas Multi-player , which is a online supported version of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that anyone can code and put online. The other one is Runescape Private, this one is based of Runescape.com and is highly customizable. Both of these Languages are identical to C++ , but alot easier these two codes are the first Languages I ever learned, and in the grand scale of coding I looked back at it for reference, and it really helped me alot. I want you the programmers of MPGH to decide rather they should be added or if they shouldn't be added. I am not the best at both of them, but I know enough information to get people started at them, and give them the basics.

Please Note : Obama told me to post here so please do not flame me.

Sincerely ,
    Fellow Programmer Coder Never
    It would be kinda bad, because people will find a lot more ways to advertise...

Still kinda good I guess

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    This *almost* ties in with my idea. I think we need a game development section. you could fit private server gaming in there as well, as a sub section or something. the sections wouldn't be language-specific. and advertising would not be allowed for any servers, just your developments. say, you created a game with multiplayer support, packet encryption, etc. or an item handling system for an rpg.

EDIT: Game Dev section wouldn't really go under programming section. programming is only part of Game Dev. there's the graphical art and sound/music as well as the story or theme of the game. so i agree partially with this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I agree with t7ancients that it should all be lumped together in a Game Development section. Which isn't really language specific, but can include Java games, DirectX, use of Game engines, and all that. It seems like a good idea to me. I am learning DirectX now and am learning more everyday. A lot of times I create sample games, that don't really belong in the C++ section to be honest.

If there is enough interest go for it. If only CodeNever and I are gonna post there every so often then no.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I say no because RS is for 12 y/o's(althought it might make 12 y/o's go to that section instead of coming here, if that would be the case I fully support this idea)
    SA-MP = fail, MTA: DM was way better(been some time since I played any of those) and MTA/SAMP section would fail
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I'd have to say no, why?
    Simply 2 reasons. I know there are a few people actually willing to learn, and those that I respect, but I don't know if you've seen the past 2 pages. There are people flooding the forums, asking the people that actually try to learn to spoonfeed them.

2nd reason, half the time people don't understand the concepts, and end up copying pasting. Now, I know you said these are really easy to use, and to customize games, but I think it's only for those people who will try, not the ones who won't bother looking at it.

In conclusion, just post in C++ forum, or some other programming forum, due the ignorance of people.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crushed For This Useful Post:

Void (12-10-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I totally agree with Why on this one. There should be a Game development section. Any language but has to relate to game developing, like DirectX..OpenGL..SDL.. I'd definitly like to have a section like that added to the programming section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Would this mean private servers just for MPGH if this idea develops?
    Latest:
    [img]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/collabLAVA.png[/img]

GIFTS
    [iKnow][Hyak][Haze][VIRUS][MMD][Czar][Nickkk][Energy]

[img]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/SOTW-Trophies_04.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    If kamikazes sig had a dick, id suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    yea im mad

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by vaan View Post
    Would this mean private servers just for MPGH if this idea develops?
    I believe the programming section is mostly for people to learn and share ideas. If MPGH were to start a server, it wouldn't be from the people who're always in the section exclusively. It would probably be from the top programmers on the site or the head administrator. Not too sure though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm44 View Post
    I believe the programming section is mostly for people to learn and share ideas. If MPGH were to start a server, it wouldn't be from the people who're always in the section exclusively. It would probably be from the top programmers on the site or the head administrator. Not too sure though.
    I'm pretty sure some people here have access to their own servers they either own or pay for. Either way i'd love to see a game developement section, it would help me progress further towards what I want to get a job in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately
    [IMG]https://i882.photobucke*****m/albums/ac23/miki_d420/RealizingYoureALeecher2copy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I agree that rs is for kiddies but I like going through the private servers' source code to see how 12 year olds code. it's funny because nobody ever improves the servers. they just keep adding crap in a single source file. Game development in general is great though, and I'd probably be active on there. But I'd probably give up on making my own game engine and use something like realmcrafter. I'm starting to learn java, but not for rsps's. they're annoying. I like java's portability and modularity. it seems easy to learn so im going for it. but yeah game dev section would rape. I'd be fairly active. I may even revert to c++ and just try to make an opengl or d3d game. somebody make a poll i forgot how. lol. fail.
    Last edited by t7ancients; 12-10-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by t7ancients View Post
    I agree that rs is for kiddies but I like going through the private servers' source code to see how 12 year olds code. it's funny because nobody ever improves the servers. they just keep adding crap in a single source file. Game development in general is great though, and I'd probably be active on there. But I'd probably give up on making my own game engine and use something like realmcrafter. I'm starting to learn java, but not for rsps's. they're annoying. I like java's portability and modularity. it seems easy to learn so im going for it. but yeah game dev section would rape. I'd be fairly active. I may even revert to c++ and just try to make an opengl or d3d game. somebody make a poll i forgot how. lol. fail.
    Atleast 12 year old fail coding is better than 12 year olds who just completely leech. Atleast they're going to have a small reference to look back at when they start getting into program seriously rather than just for a server. I'm not agreeing with the RS server section idea though >.>

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Void For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (12-12-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Hmmm... well the poll is 50/50 now... that's just great. =/

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Hmmm... well the poll is 50/50 now... that's just great. =/
    Even if most votes go for this section. Will the administrator actually add it? Or is this just sort of useless?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I don't know if the admin(s) look here or not, but w/e, I just want someplace to look when I get stuck on something when making a game. I suck at it lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast