Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

Lightbulb Sumonning for Players

I had an idea for pservers stuck in my head. Honestly, i can't code, so don't expect anything special from me ~_~
    It will be hard to code, but again, it is an idea. You can implement something similar to this.
    awww, typo in thread title "sumonning", it was supposed to be summoning

Before i start: Im not allowed to post links, so to see my sprite, search for "blueprient" tag.
    So what i suggest is... "Monster Blueprint".
    Basically, every monster from the realm (maybe not every ) will have 0.5% chance of dropping their own "blueprint", in high tier bag.
    A "blueprint" is an item, that you hold in inventory. All monsters have their own blueprint!
    When you get a blueprint, it will ask to kill 100 of those monster, that you killed, which dropped a blueprint. (<-- Bad at explaining...)
    All blueprints are soulbound, for challenge
    When the counter on blueprint will finish (eg. "White Demon: 100/100), you will need to consume it to permanetly gain access to summon that monster. The command is called... /smn. You will have /smn command even without using any blueprint, but it will be pointless at the beggining. When you've used for eg. "Medusa Blueprint" (again, it must be finished), you will gain acess to the command /smn Medusa (amount).
    The maximum amount of monsters spawned is 10, and the cooldown between using /smn command is 20 seconds.
    Massive monsters such as oryx can be spawned 2 at a time and the cooldown for next /smn is 60 seconds.
    "smn" is shortened as "Summon", because im afraid it will cross with /summon command.
    Note: About the monsters from /smn command:
    1.) They do NOT drop their corresponding loot.
    2.) If you get killed by such monster, you will be sent to nexus without losing your char/resurrection item.
    3.) Changed. Now you can summon monsters only in a special portal, according to the previous feedback.
    4.) When the monster is spawned by /smn, they won't attack for 2-5 seconds. (<-- depends).
    5. EDIT) They also shouldn't reward any exp/fame

Another edit. In special room (for spawning monsters), the max amount of monsters on the screen should be 50.
    If possible, then it should be "1 boss = 10 monsters" on the screen, eg. 3 cube gods and 20 monsters max, 1 skull shrine and 40 monsters. However, you can assign any amount you want, its just to prevent lagz.

This command is for fun. You should use it to train yourself against that "monster", other stuff.
    With this, you may also have less beggars, unless it is about loot
    Last edited by Vassya; 08-08-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vassya View Post
    It will be hard to code
    hell this is actually really easy to implement. It just takes time.

As for the concept itself, I like the idea of having to earn the ability to train yourself against certain mobs. Though to be honest if you've killed a hundred of mobs or so you should know how to kill it efficiently, including bosses. The inability to spawn summoned mobs into safezones is actually a bad idea.

A player summons a Summoned Medusa enemy in the Godlands (because you can only summon in Realm and dungeons right). Summoned Medusa shotguns the player and the player takes a bunch of damage. Shortly after a REAL medusa shotguns the player, thus causing the death of the player because the killing blow was done by a legitimate monster.

A player summons a bunch of Summoned gods in the Wine Cellar (because you can only summon in Realm and dungeons right). The player successfully dodges the gods attacks but ends up running into Oryx 2 and instantly dying because the killing blow was done by a legitimate monster.

Instead, consider a special "Training Arena" where you can summon these mobs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Dang, silly me, didn't think deeply about this. I appreciate for the feedback. Perhaps there really should be a portal in nexus or just a command /straining, that leads to a special training zone, where you can summon enemies. I will edit the post. Again, thank you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well the basic idea is interesting, but using a command isn't really fitting in my opinion.
    But you could use these Blue Prints as a new ability or a completely new slot in general.
    Also, you can make it that the summoned monster can't hit you, as the Phoenix Pet System shows.
    But again, this all reminds me a little bit of the Phoenix Summoner Class..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by cxydsaewq View Post
    Also, you can make it that the summoned monster can't hit you, as the Phoenix Pet System shows.
    Nawww, that would be boring

Thanks
    Hmm rlly Rare idea this

Thanks
    No offense intended but this would make a nice game mechanic i might try to add for a new class or 2. Instead of finding a spell you find the relics for the spell like you said blueprints. Say a summoner class. Each time you get the needed amount of relics you learn the spell. and it will allow you to summon that monster, monsters could come in tiers from weak to strong. It would be cool to implement a summonable monster tab in the client so you can see each monster, its stats ect.... The monsters however would be like pets and maybe you could set them to do a certain thing. Like attack, heal player, use special ability ect... This could work for a lot of other ideas also, hmmmm nice thought man if i end up doin ne thing like this ill give u credit for the original idea

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Siphilice View Post
    No offense intended but this would make a nice game mechanic i might try to add for a new class or 2. Instead of finding a spell you find the relics for the spell like you said blueprints. Say a summoner class. Each time you get the needed amount of relics you learn the spell. and it will allow you to summon that monster, monsters could come in tiers from weak to strong. It would be cool to implement a summonable monster tab in the client so you can see each monster, its stats ect.... The monsters however would be like pets and maybe you could set them to do a certain thing. Like attack, heal player, use special ability ect... This could work for a lot of other ideas also, hmmmm nice thought man if i end up doin ne thing like this ill give u credit for the original idea
    Of course you can add all things pretty easily, but it'll consume time, so if you have plenty of time, just give it a try

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Siphilice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cxydsaewq View Post
    Well the basic idea is interesting, but using a command isn't really fitting in my opinion.
    But you could use these Blue Prints as a new ability or a completely new slot in general.
    But again, this all reminds me a little bit of the Phoenix Summoner Class..
    I think what you're missing is the fact that THESE summons are not to improve your ingame power but to train yourself against these monsters (like dodge practice). We already know about the whole summoner thing.