Thanks

What is the point in not allowing people to edit their own threads after so long?

This feature is entirely designed to get more threads posted with more keywords for more google redirections to the site? That's the only logical reasoning behind not letting people edit there own threads.

I need to change the Title of my Battleon thread to outdated because people keep posting on it when I already added new features to the same thing just with the name of the source its based off of.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    This feature is entirely designed to get more threads posted with more keywords for more google redirections to the site? That's the only logical reasoning behind not letting people edit there own threads.

I need to change the Title of my Battleon thread to outdated because people keep posting on it when I already added new features to the same thing just with the name of the source its based off of.
    Agreed. I want to be able to change my posts after a certain period of time, especially like the first post in a thread.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Blame vBulletin. But I think it's more secure if people aren't able to edit it. A malicious person could switch up a thread with 10000++ vouches and link to their trojan website and get everyone infected.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Black (08-11-2015),Cataclypse (08-11-2015),[MPGH]Cursed (08-11-2015),Democritus (08-11-2015),The Conjurer (08-11-2015),ultrawtf (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post

How is that even logical? That makes no sense.

The purpose is that threads with vBulletin are treated as content that have a definite length of age. After the thread dies it goes into the void of MPGH conversations and has no purpose of being edited. There are a few cases where giving users permission to edit a thread for an extended period of time is beneficial, however we don't have the ability to give it to a case-by-case basis. This is something we intend to add when we get off of vBulletin, but it likely won't be added to release sections.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whale View Post

How is that even logical? That makes no sense.

The purpose is that threads with vBulletin are treated as content that have a definite length of age. After the thread dies it goes into the void of MPGH conversations and has no purpose of being edited. There are a few cases where giving users permission to edit a thread for an extended period of time is beneficial, however we don't have the ability to give it to a case-by-case basis. This is something we intend to add when we get off of vBulletin, but it likely won't be added to release sections.

Okay then extend the date time that I Can edit a thread to like a month or 4 weeks. Not however many days it is now, I'm like 100% sure there is a troll creating different accounts just to bump a older thread that I wanted closed because I added something in a new thread that a lot of people wanted for a while but I changed the name of the thread to be more appropriate with less confusion.

Either way whatever the time limit now is is too short, needs to be lengthened to at least a few weeks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    You can always ask a staff member to edit the thread for you. But sometimes you have to wait a shit ton for staff to edit for you.