Thanks

Third-Party Nexon Launcher compatible with Windows XP

As many of you know, the latest Nexon Launcher is a real pain to use just to play your favorite games. On computers with Vista or later, you can actually play your games. Nexon America wanted to try their hardest to discontinue Windows XP as a suitable platform. It's really lame considering Nexon Europe lets you not only play your games on Windows XP, they'll actually give you a direct link to install Combat Arms to play without the launcher.

I am requesting a Windows XP compatible game launcher that will work with Combat Arms NA. I know it seems like a wasted effort for an old operating system but their new launcher is a piece of cake to crack. It was programmed with Python and uses a whole bunch of open-source components. You can read more about those in the .docx file in the Nexon Launcher folder.

Before you do anything, here's some footnotes I've gathered about the official "launcher".

The installer works on Windows XP.

You may have to install a CPU driver.

All the options are toggleable at the end.

A picture shows up stating that the launcher is updating. This picture must not have to do anything with the launcher itself because it would already crash if it did.

The actual launcher won't launch, instead giving an error "The procedure entry point ConvertLengthToIpv4Mask could not be found in the dynamic link library IPHLPAPI.dll."

I've tried adding .dlls to the launcher folder; if I add an old version of IPHLPAPI.dll it's not recognized. I added the latest version of IPHLPAPI.dll to the folder and the launcher required two more .dlls; api-ms-win-core-crt-l1-1-0.dll and api-ms-win-core-crt-l2-1-0.dll. When those are added to the folder, I get "The procedure entry point RtlIdnToAscii could not be found in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll." I tried adding the latest nt.dll I could find, to no avail.

The launcher itself uses the Python programming language. It is an HTML-based launcher using its own proprietary browser NW. Using their proprietary browser I could "access" the launcher webpages but I couldn't login or play any games.

I think the solution is very close.
    Last edited by Fun With Combat Arms!; 11-04-2015 at 09:50 PM.