Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Hacking is illegal? +more nexon fails

Well, I was on google and I stumbled upon this page in another forum. It talked about how nexon changed their ToS and now hacking is illegal. Is this serious? They talk about a $1,000 fine(for EACH offence) for USING a hack and a $100,000 fine for making one. Is this for real?

ToS: Untitled Document

Quote: For those of you too lazy to click a link...

16. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES.
    "You agree that if you host or operate a private server of a Nexon game or host or operate a hack site that sells hacks to a Nexon game or if you distribute, disseminate, design, code, moderate and/or provide free or paid access to private forums that sell or distribute hacks, or assist in the design of any private servers or third party programs (such as hacks) that alter the game play of any Nexon game, you will have the unconditional obligation to pay Nexon America Inc. the sum of One Hundred Thousand ($100,000) Dollars for each such program (including patches) and versions thereof as liquidated damages. You also agree that if you use such a program to play any of the Nexon games, or engage in the use of a private server, you will have the unconditional obligation to pay Nexon America Inc. the sum of One Thousand ($1,000) Dollars as liquidated damages for each time you use such a program, which shall be due and payable immediately upon notification to you of said infraction"

Sorry if this has been posted already, I searched it but I couldn't find anything.

Some more nexon garbage:

"The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, certain information about your computer or software, including, but not limited to, your operating system, identification of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP address, and Internet browser for purposes of identification."

"The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, information from your computer, software, and parts or portions thereof, including, without limitation, your computer's random access memory, video card, central processing unit, hard drive(s) and any other storage devices to assist our efforts in policing users who may develop and/or use "hacks" and/or "cheats" to gain advantage over other users. The information obtained in this Section will only be used for the purpose of identifying persons or entities not in compliance or believed by the Company to not be in compliance with this Agreement and any and all other Company rules, policies, notices and/or agreements."

They can basically take whatever info they want from your computer legally.
    "Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate that you are a Nexon America employee, representative of Nexon America (including a GM) or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Nexon America or any of Nexon America's partners or affiliates;"

lol, no impersonating celebrities.

"is comprised of or includes the name of a popular culture icon, persona or media personality (e.g., "SpiderMan" or "TigerWoods") or religious deity or figure or your real name or surname, (v) is comprised of or includes the names (including "street" names) of any drug, narcotic or other criminal activity, (vi) includes or is comprised of partial or complete sentences (e.g., "Youwillnotsurvive"), (vii) is comprised of or includes gibberish (e.g., "Akdnvprq"), (viii) is comprised of or includes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., OMGnewb, xLOLx, AFKbotman), (ix) is comprised of or includes any rank and/or fantasy titles (e.g., "MajorMark" or "QueenQiana"), (x) includes any special characters (i.e., ASCII codes) and/or (xi)"

Wow, they limit your username choosing abilities. No using whatever they decide as "gibberish". No "Leet" or "Dudespeak"(omg, wtf, lol). No using media ixons. No complete or partial sentences. No fantasy titles.
    Last edited by dontsassme; 12-18-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    FREE VIP!!!

[IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/dontsassme.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to theexploited1 for making the sig pic :P

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    Dave doesn't care about yall.. all he cares about is food FOOD FOOD CAKEEESSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    YOU GET LAID @ MPGH
    Quote Originally Posted by ilo67 View Post
    I have this new hack but I can't release it cause I dont have it.
    If you have any questions you can PM me, I'll be quick to respond. I will also TV if you have some hacking issues.