Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    That's my point. There was a point ... a moment in time ... when you had it and nobody else did ... and you decided to tell someone.

It doesn't matter what your reasons were ... you told someone else and then within weeks, it was patched.

I had that same moment in time over 2 years ago and decided not to tell anyone. Because of that decision, I have a new kitchen and car with funds left over.

And the only reason that I'm mentioning this right now is so that everyone understands the impacts to themselves and others when releasing information like this to the public.

So by all means, please flame away and tell me the many, many ways that I'm wrong but if this causes someone to pause and think before releasing information then I'm a happy man.

b

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by blargfoot View Post
    That's my point. There was a point ... a moment in time ... when you had it and nobody else did ... and you decided to tell someone.

It doesn't matter what your reasons were ... you told someone else and then within weeks, it was patched.

I had that same moment in time over 2 years ago and decided not to tell anyone. Because of that decision, I have a new kitchen and car with funds left over.

And the only reason that I'm mentioning this right now is so that everyone understands the impacts to themselves and others when releasing information like this to the public.

So by all means, please flame away and tell me the many, many ways that I'm wrong but if this causes someone to pause and think before releasing information then I'm a happy man.

b
    why the fuck do u even care lmao

Thanks
    I don't want people to release these things to the public.

... and I still need to renovate the master bath.
    Last edited by blargfoot; 10-26-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I don't want people to release these things to the public.

... and I still need to renovate the master bath.
    so ya want easy money and u start bitchin when it aint falling to ya

Thanks
    Yes, I want easy money (as do we all) and I'm trying to ensure that it happens.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Yes, I want easy money (as do we all) and I'm trying to ensure that it happens.
    saying 'pls dont' to a robber wont change his mind

Thanks
    I'm not saying please. I'm pointing out that it's in their own best interest.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    The greed is strong with this one.

Threadstarter
    We are the CONTRIBUFORCE
    Former Staff
    Contributor
    Thanks

b
    I know, I'm well aware, I've said before it was stupid of me to share. It's not happening again.
    My Vouches
    Having an issue with RotMG? Check for the solution here.

Need Realm items? Come to RealmStock!

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards
    Selling ST Sets, Class Top Sets, Life Pots, and much more!

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
    I know, I'm well aware, I've said before it was stupid of me to share. It's not happening again.
    I mean, you did the community a service but I feel like you did the game a disservice. Honestly, I love what you did because I don't care about the state of the game anymore. I hate Kabam, and this latest duping outbreak probably lost them a lot of money. Of course, I think there was a legitimate risk attached to the release of this code in that the game could have been shut down as a result of all the money that Kabam was losing and all the money that was to be lost. Then again, I'm not sure what your intentions were initially, so I can't comment on whether or not what you did was stupid or not, but I can say that you releasing this code made me very happy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ath1337 View Post
    I mean, you did the community a service but I feel like you did the game a disservice. Honestly, I love what you did because I don't care about the state of the game anymore. I hate Kabam, and this latest duping outbreak probably lost them a lot of money. Of course, I think there was a legitimate risk attached to the release of this code in that the game could have been shut down as a result of all the money that Kabam was losing and all the money that was to be lost. Then again, I'm not sure what your intentions were initially, so I can't comment on whether or not what you did was stupid or not, but I can say that you releasing this code made me very happy.
    Everybody needs to get off of 059's ass. There was a lot more going on behind the scenes between people that you guys simply just dont know about. You really dont know how long that dupe has been out for. Face it, the public release of the dupe did not ruin the game economy it has been on a steady decline on its own. Its called supply and demand. Yes if everyone dupes supply goes up and demand goes down as well as price. When demand is low supply will be low and so will the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post

FUCK YOU
    I QUIT
    NO MORE ORAPE
    FUCK YOU ALL
    Adios

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by FainTMako View Post
    Yes if everyone dupes supply goes up and demand goes down as well as price. When demand is low supply will be low and so will the price.
    <3 economics. As Quantity Supplied is greater than quantity demanded, producers will sell there stock at a lower price to get rid of it. The quantity demanded increases as the Price decreases and will move to a new equilibrium, where supply meets demand. Now a rotmg example:
    I have 50 pixies and people can dupe them so there is more pixie swords and more competition
    To get rid of my swords I sell them at .60 cents instead of $1 and then it sells out too quickly
    I try to find a new equilibrium so I sell them at .70 cents to find a balance in the market where QS meets QD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    If you are still having to wrack your brain with math like that then I would say the game economy is still there and thats the exact point im trying to make.
    Also it seems you only see economics for the face value lol. Theres a lot more to it behind the scenes depending on how powerful you are.

There are plenty of diamonds yet they are still hella expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post

FUCK YOU
    I QUIT
    NO MORE ORAPE
    FUCK YOU ALL
    Adios

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    how do i use the source code?

Thanks
    The hack related to this script has been detected, and therefore this thread is now closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123