Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What happened to the RotMG Gambling idea? Is it gone?

Several months ago, there was an idea posted where someone (or some people) would create a site like CS:GO Jackpot where you would enter in items into a roulette-style of gambling. The more items you put in, the higher chance you would win the whole pot. Everything was automated through bots.

Was the idea scratched? It seems like so but I don't recall seeing a post about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Are people interested in that sort of thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post

FUCK YOU
    I QUIT
    NO MORE ORAPE
    FUCK YOU ALL
    Adios

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FainTMako For This Useful Post:

NotKierze (11-10-2015)

Thanks
    Yes!! That would be sick

Thanks
    too easy to get scammed.

Thanks
    I planned on doing it myself, but I would rather hold off for a bit atm because item and account prices are so sporadic right now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    By the way... The CS:GO gambling sites were for stealing steam accounts tho... You put you steam info on the website and the owner of the website gets your info...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
    I planned on doing it myself, but I would rather hold off for a bit atm because item and account prices are so sporadic right now.
    Couldn't you just go with in-game prices, since they don't change that much in price (some items may vary)?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik RS View Post
    Couldn't you just go with in-game prices, since they don't change that much in price (some items may vary)?
    I was planning to do this with a couple friends but prices just change too often, if there was a perfect price checker program that could be used then this idea could become reality

- - - Updated - - -

There should be a system in rotmg where you put a item into some exchange and you put your price, then someone else can confirm this and you swap whatever the offer was for, maybe like realmeye but ingame, this could give prices very easily for a gambling site

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmgstd View Post
    I was planning to do this with a couple friends but prices just change too often, if there was a perfect price checker program that could be used then this idea could become reality

- - - Updated - - -

There should be a system in rotmg where you put a item into some exchange and you put your price, then someone else can confirm this and you swap whatever the offer was for, maybe like realmeye but ingame, this could give prices very easily for a gambling site
    Yeah that is the fundamental problem. I tried to do this with my Price Grabber but it just has too many innacuracies and room to get "gamed" for something that requires this kind of consistancy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I'll run one, give me more details guys and i'll make the bots for it. I'm kind of interested to see what the turnout would be to run it for a beta style period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post

FUCK YOU
    I QUIT
    NO MORE ORAPE
    FUCK YOU ALL
    Adios

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    the one way that i can see it working is if it has a standard item that is the only item allowed, such as ub hps then prices would not matter, there could be different jackpots which are made up of one item only?

- - - Updated - - -

So there could be gambling rooms called 'UB HP Jackpot' Life Potion Jackpot' or w/ever

- - - Updated - - -

Also there could be a IRC with a chance game, this could be a RNG which goes from 1-100 and the gambler wins when its rolled above 55 and the host wins when its 55 or under, i've seen this work very well with other games. This could be a great possibility

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    the one way that i can see it working is if it has a standard item that is the only item allowed, such as ub hps then prices would not matter, there could be different jackpots which are made up of one item only?

- - - Updated - - -

So there could be gambling rooms called 'UB HP Jackpot' Life Potion Jackpot' or w/ever

- - - Updated - - -

Also there could be a IRC with a chance game, this could be a RNG which goes from 1-100 and the gambler wins when its rolled above 55 and the host wins when its 55 or under, i've seen this work very well with other games. This could be a great possibility

Hmmmm how to do this though. Im thinking broad terms like languages/libraries and overall structures. Would be pretty fun to do though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruusey View Post
    Hmmmm how to do this though. Im thinking broad terms like languages/libraries and overall structures. Would be pretty fun to do though.
    I do have java source code for an IRC bot that is fairly functional for gambling. I don't know if you are interested in a partner in this, however.

Thanks
    What are your thoughts on this, just with out the IRC factor. The bot would PM you in game with the outcome of the roll without the need of an external IRC client

Thanks
    You could make a website like csgo jackpot, and do it on there. Like it would show people putting in items. e.g. them giving the bot their items would pop up on the website. On the website put your Username that you use for realm and the bot will be set so it only accepts trades from the winner. If that's not too hard i think that'd be pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast