Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Question Getting Started with Mod Menus

Hello all.

I'm a rookie coder with knowledge of both C++ and VB. I want to attempt to make a mod menu but before I can do that, can you please explain to me what I should start researching, practicing in order to get good enough to program a mod menu?

I understand that mod menus are made from C#, C++, and VB .NET. Looking at some source codes freely available, they come in the form of .DLL or .ASI. I'm also aware that I need Microsoft Visual Studio to program.

MY questions are thus:
    -Which language is easier for making mod menus?
    -Which is better, ASI or DLL?
    -What syntax of a language must I know the most (classes, loops, functions, etc.)?
    -Which programming software should I use or is Visual Studio the only one? MSVS Community 2015?
    -Do you have any links/websites/videos that would help explain what I need to know better?

I thank anyone who helps answer this reply/thread. I have some good ideas that I'd like to contribute to the modding community, but first I have to figure how to actually start.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1234567 View Post
    MY questions are thus:
    -Which language is easier for making mod menus?
    -Which is better, ASI or DLL?
    -What syntax of a language must I know the most (classes, loops, functions, etc.)?
    -Which programming software should I use or is Visual Studio the only one? MSVS Community 2015?
    -Do you have any links/websites/videos that would help explain what I need to know better?
    I think the C++ language be the most used recognised people using today. I not know much coding so not knowing which one is the best, but most of them are made in c++ mode I think.

For asi, you need asi loader, which can get detected for online, and cause bans. So better to be DLL or EXE and inject direct to the gta5.exe

I think the visual studio 2013 is the better one, 2015 not work as well for me.

You could download one of the SOURCE CODE here from mpgh and see an idea of how things work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Thanks for the help. I was just mentioning that most of the mods I came across were either in .DLL or .ASI. I'm aware that ScripthookV is fully detected now, so ASIs are mostly reserved for SP. I'm more interested in .DLLs because I want to make a mod menu. I'll probably brush up on C++ then. Why are some of these mod menu tutorials then in C# .DLL files? Or is C++ and C# pretty similar?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1234567 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I was just mentioning that most of the mods I came across were either in .DLL or .ASI. I'm aware that ScripthookV is fully detected now, so ASIs are mostly reserved for SP. I'm more interested in .DLLs because I want to make a mod menu. I'll probably brush up on C++ then. Why are some of these mod menu tutorials then in C# .DLL files? Or is C++ and C# pretty similar?
    I couldnt answer with knowledge.

What I do know is I take a source file, look at how the coding writes and looks, and then do some experimenting. for me it be about 85% testing features and just 15% code them