Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Are the Paris attacks justified through the Quran or not?

Fine. I'll make the thread.

Question: : Does the Quran justify or go against the Paris attacks in France?

https://quran.com/5/32-34

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

ShadyJN (11-18-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    [COLOR="Black"]Fine. I'll make the thread.

Off topic question, but are you telling me to vouch for you on skype

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by ripplehd View Post
    Off topic question, but are you telling me to vouch for you on skype
    Something called VM's exist you know.

OT: No, text does not justify action. Same way in America you can't murder somebody and say "God told me to" and be pardoned. Just because the Quran tells you to slaughter the disbelievers doesn't mean you actually can with any valid justification.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post

Something called VM's exist you know..
    Yeah and if that stupid fuck was smart enough I would have gotten a VM instead of a ban.

OT: No, text does not justify action. Same way in America you can't murder somebody and say "God told me to" and be pardoned. Just because the Quran tells you to slaughter the disbelievers doesn't mean you actually can with any valid justification.
    You're misunderstanding the point. Does the quran support or condemn the actions.

Absolute justification of course not, but cmon now. That's playing into the semantics more than it is the message.
    [IMG]https://i334.photobucke*****m/albums/m414/sjwho2/Sig1.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    No, and even if it is, the Quran isn't something qualified to justify killing innocent people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by -E- View Post
    Does the quran support or condemn the actions.
    My bad. Sort of skimmed through OP but I get it now.

There's two different viewpoints to this that can easily be argued, yes, and no. Literally speaking using verses from the Quran, yes, the Quran could support those actions. Certain phrases from the Quran are taken by islamic terrorists and used in a literal sense. (4:104, 8:12, etc. there's hundreds) On the flip side, the religion itself is based off peace, with Islam literally meaning 'peace' in Arabic, but has never been truly peaceful in action by it's followers.

It's not a clear text. It condemns murder, robbery, compulsion, etc. in certain verses while containing quite a few verses where it says to kill people, either for or not for 'jihad' or any other religious defense circumstance, but verses like 8:12 ('jihad' being holy war, generally used for 'defensive' battles even though many of muhammad's battles were offensive, aka Battle of Bad'r, but that's not the point at hand is it?)

There's no clear answer to it, but it can lean towards yes.

By the way, why did you get banned?
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 11-16-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    On the flip side, the religion itself is based off peace, with Islam literally meaning 'peace' in Arabic, but has never been truly peaceful in action by it's followers.
    Islam means submission.
    And yeah, it's followers implement that mindset pretty thoroughly in history.

[FONT="Century Gothic"]It's not a clear text. It condemns murder, robbery, compulsion, etc. in certain verses while containing quite a few verses where it says to kill people, either for or not for 'jihad' or any other religious defense circumstance, but verses like 8:12 ('jihad' being holy war, generally used for 'defensive' battles even though many of muhammad's battles were offensive, aka Battle of Bad'r, but that's not the point at hand is it?)/FONT]
    I'd like to correct you there. Most of those verses(like shown in the video) are specific to Muslims.

By the way, why did you get banned?
    Oh when mpgh had the account reset someone got ahold of my info and started selling shit posing as me.

Of course nobody vm'ed or pm'ed me with any questions and just took the word of the post and messaged the guy on skype.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    This guy explains that the quran teaches people to only kill people if they are disobbeying allah's laws or you are about to kill a human. Well wouldn't all islam people be killing us atm? Complete bullshit video...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by aioqi View Post
    This guy explains that the quran teaches people to only kill people if they are disobbeying allah's laws or you are about to kill a human. Well wouldn't all islam people be killing us atm?
    Because of two reasons primarily.
    1. Many muslims are just not that devout.
    2. Society dictates actions more than a religion in first world countries.

In a lot of the third wold countries you'll see these actions of voilence happen again and again when Muslims the majority and control of laws.

Quote Originally Posted by rLy. View Post
    The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

ITZDON (03-08-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Fine. I'll make the thread.

https://quran.com/5/32-34
    It says in the quran if you kill one person it is as though you have killed the whole of humanity so ISIS is wrong.

Also yes in the quran God did say to kill non believers but that was a command by god in a war long time ago between Idol worshippers and Believers. He didnt say to kill people now because God can kill them himselves

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by donofallah View Post
    God can kill them himselves
    Yet does not.

Never has. Never will.

Limited omniscience and omnipotence does not exist in a God figure, so the question is, why does God not intervene with the people 'misrepresenting' the 'correct religion', like Islam, for example? There's no given to answer to it, and you can't say "He cannot", (I just stated why in my first sentence), and saying "He's supernatural/mysterious" is just plain bullshit.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 11-27-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    On a complex international system, Daesha (or ISIS) would be a transnational actor. That being said, they don't represent nothing about islamic world, they're just a group of individuals that had some relevancy on the international system because the media terror they've made.
    ISIS would say that is just jihad thing, but it's clear that it has no actual relation with the real meaning of jihad. In conclusion, it's only a barbarian act from a terrorist group that by no means, represents islamic world.
    Improve and contribute to the LoL section, anything you do could save it.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazk View Post
    real meaning of jihad
    Since I'm not sure what you meant by this, (some people tend to think jihad is spiritual struggle, it is not), jihad means 'holy war'.
    ISIS proclaims themselves muslim, and you are correct, ISIS does not represent Islamic world, but it recruits Islamic people and teaches them fallacies about it. All in all, it's an Islamic based terrorist group that doesn't represent Islam correctly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Since I'm not sure what you meant by this, (some people tend to think jihad is spiritual struggle, it is not), jihad means 'holy war'.
    ISIS proclaims themselves muslim, and you are correct, ISIS does not represent Islamic world, but it recruits Islamic people and teaches them fallacies about it. All in all, it's an Islamic based terrorist group that doesn't represent Islam correctly.
    It doesn't represent muslisms at all, they're only using the religion to achieve their political and economic goals.
    Improve and contribute to the LoL section, anything you do could save it.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast