Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwilliamlin168 View Post
    Oh right.
    So every update will take like a few days? just to get the assets?
    I seen that the client hasn't been updated to 27.7.5 yet.

I have a few more questions:
    How do you get the new assets? Is it like getting the new packets?
    How do you know what packets to send in the client and the encryption stuff that occurs in the client? Do you have to look in the source code or something?
    Basically you can rip all the assets from the swf easily, its just a matter of programming the client to use them. You can also grab the rc4 keys which are used for decrypting/encrypting packets being received/sent. The server public key (for encrypting log in credentials) can also be found. I simply learned how to use these from joryx. Also the client is at a state where it logs you in for about 10 seconds before crashing (and it only shows a black screen, also chat doesn't work)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanFalterJr View Post
    Vouch for Gratin, he went first, i gave him the items. Easy trader trustworthy

Thanks
    Maybe you should try this, if you haven't.
    Use a proxy like krelay or realmrelay and track all of the packets that were sent, and look at the packet data, and add them into the client.
    Is it showing a black screen because it hasn't been programmed to display sprites?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Use a proxy like krelay or realmrelay and track all of the packets that were sent, and look at the packet data, and add them into the client.
    Is it showing a black screen because it hasn't been programmed to display sprites?
    Basically, I just gave up on updating it, and I'm starting on realmshifter instead.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratin View Post
    Basically, I just gave up on updating it, and I'm starting on realmshifter instead.
    Whats realmshifter

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    if you read the main post, you'll find its the whole reason i started this thread

Thanks
    Ok, then I might try continuing it, it seems like a good project.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ok, then I might try continuing it, it seems like a good project.
    Sure if you can get past the point I got to, that would be awesome. I'm willing to help any way I can.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    You're gonna need to find updated RSA/RC4 keys, new maps, and the updated hellopacket structure. G'luck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by angelofsilence123 View Post
    You're gonna need to find updated RSA/RC4 keys, new maps, and the updated hellopacket structure. G'luck.
    Nope. RSA/RC4 keys were easy to find, and updated hellopacket structure is also easy to find + its also in realm relay, and krelay. Also, i'm pretty sure map data comes from the server when you connect.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Oh hey look, there is actually some life here too
    I wonder if anyone remembering me still floats around?

Sounds like a fun undertaking. I remember it wasn't that hard to update, shouldn't be much to change now either, I doubt kabam has changed the game much since I last played. The whole java client thing was something I took a shot at as well but I doubt I have the files anymore. Sounds pretty cool tho. Add me on skype so we can talk about it.

That's one way to do what had to be done to make technically all proxies but most of them just copied the packet formats from other proxies. It's also easier to figure out the formats from the client though. There were many attempts at this wayy back in the day though so most of the work was done way earlier then public proxies.
    Thats because they don't need to know how to render any of those assets, they just simply pass it on to the client or to the server while extracting/modifying any data it's programmed to.
    Most of the new assets don't require any new programming since the assets contain all the information required (picture, stat modifiers, health for enemies etc, aka "the .xml files"). There are some exceptions (new mechanics and such) but kabam rarely adds such content.
    Nope. RSA/RC4 keys were easy to find, and updated hellopacket structure is also easy to find + its also in realm relay, and krelay. Also, i'm pretty sure map data comes from the server when you connect.
    Wait, if there are proxies currently working and their source is available then I don't see how updating this would be hard?
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-
    mandela96, spaghetti master, floxxe, drillick, brendoo

L̋̾̈́͑ͥͨͨ͞Ò̴ͫͪ͛͋̉͛Lͥ̔̓ ͨ͛ͬ ͩ̀͢
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by runekri3 View Post

Sounds like a fun undertaking. I remember it wasn't that hard to update, shouldn't be much to change now either, I doubt kabam has changed the game much since I last played. The whole java client thing was something I took a shot at as well but I doubt I have the files anymore. Sounds pretty cool tho. Add me on skype so we can talk about it.

That's one way to do what had to be done to make technically all proxies but most of them just copied the packet formats from other proxies. It's also easier to figure out the formats from the client though. There were many attempts at this wayy back in the day though so most of the work was done way earlier then public proxies.

Most of the new assets don't require any new programming since the assets contain all the information required (picture, stat modifiers, health for enemies etc, aka "the .xml files"). There are some exceptions (new mechanics and such) but kabam rarely adds such content.

Wait, if there are proxies currently working and their source is available then I don't see how updating this would be hard?
    I agree. All data can be easily looked up in either KRelay or prod-recent private server sources.
    cant have shit in detroit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Well, because I don't really like furyhunter's client, so I stopped and am now writing my own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Well, because I don't really like furyhunter's client, so I stopped and am now writing my own.
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Either way, updating jOryx would probably mean changing/upgrading the client code as well, not just the underlying communication with the server. I believe the pets wouldn't really behave well on jOryx for example and as far as I remember it wasn't very polished. Since you'd probably rewrite or change a lot, the scope is pretty much the same either way. I've written a couple games with libGDX as well so I'd be glad to help if you need any.
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-
    mandela96, spaghetti master, floxxe, drillick, brendoo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Either way, updating jOryx would probably mean changing/upgrading the client code as well, not just the underlying communication with the server. I believe the pets wouldn't really behave well on jOryx for example and as far as I remember it wasn't very polished. Since you'd probably rewrite or change a lot, the scope is pretty much the same either way. I've written a couple games with libGDX as well so I'd be glad to help if you need any.
    sure, pm me and i'll give skype

Thanks
    To fully update the java client, we would have to decompile the flash client and maybe deobfuscate it which is impossible for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast