Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    If you prove that touching fire won't hurt you, they'll touch fire and ignore their parents. If you prove that their beliefs are wrong, you'll wipe it out.

Thanks
    Why would you want to wipe them out?

You do realises differences in the world is what makes it a beautiful place.
    Refund?

"You know how to play Spades, Dooky?"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buziness View Post
    Why would you want to wipe them out?

You do realises differences in the world is what makes it a beautiful place.
    You do realise how much fucked up things in the past and still in the present are the cause of religion, right?
    You don't need religion to make people different, there's so much more to humans than just worshipping some higher being.

I'd prefer religion to not exist in the modern day because it's no longer needed. However, I realise removing the idea of religion would be virtually impossible right now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Firstly dont think its possible by any legal or civilized means and whats the purpose for doing the same. Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

You do realise how much fucked up things in the past and still in the present are the cause of religion, right?
    You don't need religion to make people different, there's so much more to humans than just worshipping some higher being.

I'd prefer religion to not exist in the modern day because it's no longer needed. However, I realise removing the idea of religion would be virtually impossible right now.
    Such little thought put into this answer... Religion doesn't cause problems in the world, people do. People will always do evil things and try to justify it, Be it "For God", "For Country", "For Liberty", "For Justice", "For Freedom". Suggesting that banning/eliminating Religion would change any of this is simply blind, It is human nature to fight with one another, Its Natural, Many species do it, We simply are not evolved enough to see past our differences, the only way humans would unite together would be against an external threat, e.g an Asteroid or Alien attack. Man needs an enemy. Not to mention how completly stupid it would be to ban Religion, You might as well ban Science, Because without a Hypothosis science doesn't exist, and what is Religion but a Hypothosis or Theory in how we and everything came to be or how we shoudl act.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alyx29 View Post
    isis /2short
    ISIS Would still exist without Religion, People just like to kill and hurt other people and have power and control #USA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GerrysamHD View Post

Such little thought put into this answer... Religion doesn't cause problems in the world, people do. People will always do evil things and try to justify it, Be it "For God", "For Country", "For Liberty", "For Justice", "For Freedom". Suggesting that banning/eliminating Religion would change any of this is simply blind, It is human nature to fight with one another, Its Natural, Many species do it, We simply are not evolved enough to see past our differences, the only way humans would unite together would be against an external threat, e.g an Asteroid or Alien attack. Man needs an enemy. Not to mention how completly stupid it would be to ban Religion, You might as well ban Science, Because without a Hypothosis science doesn't exist, and what is Religion but a Hypothosis or Theory in how we and everything came to be or how we shoudl act.

- - - Updated - - -

ISIS Would still exist without Religion, People just like to kill and hurt other people and have power and control #USA
    To some degree religion does not constitute problems. BUT some people do take the religious teachings a bit to literal. In the bible there are some stuff concerning gays and lots of people take that out of hand.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GerrysamHD View Post

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean there was little thought put into the answer.
    If you looked at my other posts, I said it would be extremely hard to wipe out religion. Not once did I say it would be the best thing for our kind, I, however, did acknowledge the problems religion has caused in the past and right now.
    Science and religion are completely different, science knows it doesn't have all the answers and looks for the answers, religion fills in the gaps with God and don't bother looking further. Man doesn't need an enemy, insane extremists need an enemy. I don't go looking for someone to fight just because I "need an enemy".
    Last edited by Cohen; 03-17-2016 at 01:33 PM.

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Atheism and Agnosticism have been slowly but surely increasing. As your society becomes more educated, they start to question things. What more obvious thing is there to question then a book written thousands of years ago where people still thought the world was flat? Eventually religion will die, it's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. The only way it will spread throughout the world though is if people are educated and technologically advanced, so we've got a long way to go. I believe the humanity will be wiped out by nuclear war or some other catastrophic event before the time comes that 50% of the population doesn't believe in religion. I myself am agnostic, as you cannot prove that god does or doesn't exist, and never will be unless "God" himself shows up at my doorstep and teleports me to another universe or some shit. Atheists are almost as bad as Theists in the fact that they think they have an answer, that God doesn't exist, which is not proven. I'm a man of science, nothing is given unless you can prove it.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 03-17-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12