Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Whats going to be the super popular anime this year?

Toward the end of 2015 the anime that were coming out were super garbage, but then One Punch Man came out a blow people away. What anime do you think is going to be the next "One Punch-Man". I think Boku no Hero Academia is. What do you think?

Thanks
    The 2015 year had a few good series. Death Parade/JoJo's, Hibike! Euphonium, Non Non Biyori, the obvious OPM though I can't stand the fandom now.

As for 2016: This is a super early question. The first season isn't even finished yet(close, but still need those finale episodes to drop ratings) and we have three more with a ton of unannounced material.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    [QUOTE=Takatsuki;11452951]The 2015 year had a few good series. Death Parade/JoJo's, Hibike! Euphonium, Non Non Biyori, the obvious OPM though I can't stand the fandom now.

Ye Death Parade and Jojo were good but most of the top rated anime in 2015 by the end were not good, at least not good enough to be that high. anime such as GATE, The Asterisk War and Himouto! Umaru-chan. Some times The Asterisk War would be higher then One Piece and Naruto and thats kinda unreal considering how garbage it is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gexis View Post
    The 2015 year had a few good series. Death Parade/JoJo's, Hibike! Euphonium, Non Non Biyori, the obvious OPM though I can't stand the fandom now.

Ye Death Parade and Jojo were good but most of the top rated anime in 2015 by the end were not good, at least not good enough to be that high. anime such as GATE, The Asterisk War and Himouto! Umaru-chan. Some times The Asterisk War would be higher then One Piece and Naruto and thats kinda unreal considering how garbage it is.
    Himouto was just a fucking meme show.

Asterik War is absolute garbage, everyone knows that. I don't know anyone that likes it. GATE was decent, but they changed too much for me to call it good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Himouto was just a fucking meme show.

Asterik War is absolute garbage, everyone knows that. I don't know anyone that likes it. GATE was decent, but they changed too much for me to call it good.
    ye but do you think Boku no Hero Academia will be a big success or...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Even tho that quote was directed to Takatsuki.

Me personally I hope Boku no Hero Academia will be a success, I binge read it was able to catch up to the current chapters. I think it'll be a success I happpen to like the manga a lot can't wait for it to come out as anime.

Thanks
    Funimation has simulcast, meaning the subs are going to be terrible as per usual. As far as I know, they're ending the first season before anything major happens, so I don't know how memorable it'll be to people.

It's a maybe. The character design's look decent, the voice acting isn't terrible, but Funimation has control over subs. Other than that, we need a good OST/visual director to make it amazing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Funimation has simulcast, meaning the subs are going to be terrible as per usual. As far as I know, they're ending the first season before anything major happens, so I don't know how memorable it'll be to people.

It's a maybe. The character design's look decent, the voice acting isn't terrible, but Funimation has control over subs. Other than that, we need a good OST/visual director to make it amazing.
    Awh shame, I didn't know they were ending it before anything major happens. I guess season 2 is when things will start kicking. Since Funimation has control over the subs as you say. I hope the voice acting isn't bad.

Thanks
    GATE, The Asterisk War and Himouto! Umaru-chan
    all garbage; there are only a few anime from 2016 so far that has stood out such as Boku dake ga Inai Machi, and in my opinion Ajin.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckonz View Post
    Awh shame, I didn't know they were ending it before anything major happens. I guess season 2 is when things will start kicking. Since Funimation has control over the subs as you say. I hope the voice acting isn't bad.

I'm hearing after the tournament arc to get their names out. Going as far as the Hero Killer is a huge push.

I don't know if you should mention a season two before the first episode is even out yet. They have a decent amount of material to pace it correctly, but it depends on how well it sells. Given it's your typical shounen with the MC able to push forward because "muh willpower", I can't even say how well it'll do. Odds are average.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    all garbage; there are only a few anime from 2016 so far that has stood out such as Boku dake ga Inai Machi, and in my opinion Ajin.
    I enjoyed Ajin quite a lot I can agree with that. But the visuals in that anime *pure aids* but I still watched pretty good. Boku dake ga Inai Machi really stood out aswell. I enjoyed them both so yeah I can agree with ya on those standing out.

I'm hearing after the tournament arc to get their names out. Going as far as the Hero Killer is a huge push.

I don't know if you should mention a season two before the first episode is even out yet. They have a decent amount of material to pace it correctly, but it depends on how well it sells. Given it's your typical shounen with the MC able to push forward because "muh willpower", I can't even say how well it'll do. Odds are average.
    Very true thanks for telling me about that. Odds are average I guess we shall wait till the first couple episodes come out and see if they do it correctly.

Dang I guess I assumed it would not go out as far as the Hero Killer since it's a huge push. But plus thats when its started to get quite good.
    Last edited by Reckonz; 03-10-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Boruto haah

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tafel View Post
    Boruto haah
    Yeah no. Thats going to be fucking AWFUL. Have you seen the art for it thus far? Holy shit is it bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Yeah no. Thats going to be fucking AWFUL. Have you seen the art for it thus far? Holy shit is it bad.
    I just like how sasuke will train boruto and will make him better than naruto.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tafel View Post
    I just like how sasuke will train boruto and will make him better than naruto.
    Not really what OP was asking, but okay.

Boruto as a whole is unnecessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast