Thread: Joker Game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Joker Game

Taking place in the year 1937 on the eve of World War II, the story involves a mysterious spy training organization known as the "D Agency." The organization is established by Lieutenant Colonel Yuuki from the Imperial Japanese Army. His ideals lead him to recruit people beyond military academy graduates and personnel, while training them to become skilled agents in arts of manipulation. These agents would become a specialized team to conduct operations. One such antihero agent, under the name Jirou Gamou, goes on a harrowing mission to uncover secret documents titled "Black Notes," while battling forces from within and without his own ranks.

Episode One

Fairly interesting set-up that they have going on. They're all working against each other despite going to the same school. If they plan on playing out the entire series like that, I think this'll be pretty interesting.

Also, that opening was amazing. Very beautiful and a lot to look at.

Thanks
    I watched ep 1, it was alright i liked what they did at the end of the episode.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaar For This Useful Post:

FlexGod (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    I watched ep 1, it was alright i liked what they did at the end of the episode.
    I also liked what they did at the end there but of course he's not gonna actually commit seppuku. (Would be funnier to me if he did and they just replaced him with some other goober and the cycle repeats.)

Another thing I found funny as an American and a history fanatic were all the mentions to the war lol

NightOwl

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Absolutely perfect anime. has the action, the wit, the story and setting. 10/10 One of the most refreshing anime that I've seen within the last few years tbh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    Absolutely perfect anime. has the action, the wit, the story and setting. 10/10 One of the most refreshing anime that I've seen within the last few years tbh
    Not so sure about that. The first two episodes were terrible and made me consider dropping it right there. After they explained something, they would explain it again, and that was the entire episode. I haven't read the source material so maybe it's not the studio's fault, but it was pretty bad.

The third episode was the best thus far and here's to hoping today's episode is good too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Not so sure about that. The first two episodes were terrible and made me consider dropping it right there. After they explained something, they would explain it again, and that was the entire episode. I haven't read the source material so maybe it's not the studio's fault, but it was pretty bad.

The third episode was the best thus far and here's to hoping today's episode is good too.
    It's really a matter of opinion. I found the first episode to be a great introduction to the anime, it set everything up well and then the trickery and logic used in the second episode was even greater. 3rd episode was magnificent. I can't wait for today's episodes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    It's really a matter of opinion

- Explain how they tricked him in 5 minutes
    - Spend another 10 minutes explaining how they tricked him
    - Tell the leader how he was tricked, but with a scenary shot to make it seem "impactful"

Very good episode! They're so witty! I would have never figured it out without three explanations!

Episode three so far has been the only interesting episode, but it still lacked a lot to keep me hype. Basically, todays needs to be good or I'm probably dropping.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 04-26-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks
    Looks like a thinly veiled Japanese war propaganda story.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Golberton67 View Post
    Looks like a thinly veiled Japanese war propaganda story.
    Except it's not even close to being that.

Episode Four
    Decent episode, so i'll keep watching it. I'm liking these episodic series more and more, assuming it all ends up somewhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    another week another great episode. This show has definitely become the number 1 show this season so far for me at least

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    yet another great epiosde. This show does not disapoint

Thanks
    I'm a little behind, but whatever.
    Episode Five
    Decent but not amazing. When we saw Yuuki before he got injected, it clicked in my mind that they had practiced this sort of scenario and expected it to happen, therefore obvious that he wouldn't rat him out. The map being swapped wasn't exactly tricky, but the spy within the MP was a nice touch.

Episode Six
    Again, decent. I'm a huge fan of tarot cards so I'm glad to see them actually used in a series and not just emphasized indirectly through symbolism. Not much more to talk about.

Episode four has been the best so far.

Thanks
    This shit is soo good!

Thanks
    Episode Seven

Not that special and nothing really impressive happened. Was it implied that he went to live with the girl, kid, and dog? Or was it something else?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Dropped this show at ep 3, did it get any good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast