Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Are we alone in the cosmos?

Do you think that we are likely to find extraterrestrial alien life within our lifetime?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I think we arent alone.. bcuz ppl have been only on the moon and are going to Mars.They have many planets to discover.
    How many planets ppl know 8,9? ( i dont remember)
    Did you know that our Sun looks like a star from thousands(millions) of KM.
    So..all stars that we see at night could be Suns too!.
    So, we r not alone (in my opinion)

Thanks
    It's mathematically certain we are not alone.
    Near it anyway.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    This was ripped from reddit, but I felt it's a good reason why aliens should never visit us.

"(8:51:23 AM) friend: Human beings are pretty terrifying creatures, from the perspective of other animals. I don't mean in some kind of hippy gaia-hypothesis way, either. Humans are the global heavyweight champions of endurance running. Do you know how primitive man hunted for food?
    (8:52:18 AM) friend: They would take some rocks - later on they'd use slings or spear-throwers or even bows and arrows, but the main point is that it's a projectile - and they would find some animals, and they would start chasing it. The projectiles were mostly to harass it.
    (8:53:22 AM) friend: A fit human being can run for hours and hours, whereas most of the animals humans ate are about sustaining a sprint for a few minutes. Humans hunt by running their prey to death. Or, rather, chasing them until they can't run any more, at which point they would be killed.
    (8:53:34 AM) friend: For some animals we found we could save effort by using cliffs.
    (8:54:27 AM) friend: The other animals with great endurance, rather than hunting, we domesticated as herd animals. Goats, sheep, cows, horses... those are the animals humans can't outrun over marathon distances.
    (8:55:11 AM) friend: So, for a delicious animal, a human being represents a predator that can strike from a distance, thwarts all but the most heroic attempts at escape, and will not stop chasing you until you die.
    (8:55:29 AM) friend: And they hunt in packs.
    (8:58:41 AM) friend: Aliens, too, should be afraid of humans. We're crazy. We constantly fight each other in horrible bitter wars so that we can become stronger. We executed our god."
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    nope, were def. not alone

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    There has to be millions, even billions, of planets out there. Thousands are within the "life zone", like Earth, but there still VERY far away. Unless they somehow came to us, we probably won't meet them in our lifetime. Remember, this all based off of carbon-based life forms, the only life form we've seen with our own eyes. It's possible to have other ones out there, like one's based of of Helium or something.

Also I believe scientists have found life on Mars, it's just microscopic organisms created to withstand extreme temperatures/environments.
    "I'd show you the marks, but I don't wanna pull my pants down right now...." Tallahassee Pain.

List of accomplishments:
    Survive Y2K
    Survive 6/06/06
    Survive May 21st
    Survive 2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Do you think that we are likely to find extraterrestrial alien life within our lifetime?
    hmm

not in our lifetime

like Einstein said

it is impossible to travel faster then light speed

so it would take years for real contact to be made i would think

but are we talking intelligent life or some little microscopic bullshit?

microscopic bullshit i thought i heard was found on mars

but i dont know

i would guess if that was the case then yes

but i dont know just my opinion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat911 View Post
    hmm

not in our lifetime

like Einstein said

it is impossible to travel faster then light speed

so it would take years for real contact to be made i would think

but are we talking intelligent life or some little microscopic bullshit?

microscopic bullshit i thought i heard was found on mars

but i dont know

i would guess if that was the case then yes

but i dont know just my opinion
    I think we are talking about intelligent life forms, I just threw that out there to sound like I know what the fuck I'm talking about. Rofl...
    "I'd show you the marks, but I don't wanna pull my pants down right now...." Tallahassee Pain.

List of accomplishments:
    Survive Y2K
    Survive 6/06/06
    Survive May 21st
    Survive 2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    We are not alone- bcz I'm here.
    My opinion- We're not alone in this universe, There are oVerwhelming evidence of it.

Thanks
    We're most likely not alone, and there are probably life forms similar to us, or have evolved to become more advanced beings. As for technological advancement, I believe we're still very primitive, since we've just recently started to look into improving the technologies we have now.

Within the time span of 30-40 years, you've seen televisions go from black and white cathode ray tubes, to high definition lcds. Other than that, I believe that there are life forms that are even more primitive than us at the moment. There are millions, if not billions/trillions of stars out there, and we're just one out of the many which have been lucky enough to have an environment where we're able to survive.

Thanks
    we are not alone people.

Thanks
    heres something else to ponder every living form of life we know of is carbon based but there's an entire tree of elements witch almost conclusively means there are say helium based lifeforms which could live on a planet uninhabitable by us say Jupiter because its composed of mostly helium and other gases

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I've never heard of a helium based lifeform....but ok.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Zin View Post
    heres something else to ponder every living form of life we know of is carbon based but there's an entire tree of elements witch almost conclusively means there are say helium based lifeforms which could live on a planet uninhabitable by us say Jupiter because its composed of mostly helium and other gases
    Helium is a stretch, a really big stretch. Although I have heard several biologists discuss the possibility of silicon based life.

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I think I've answered this one before. To be perfectly honest, I am fairly sure, there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. The Universe is basically infinite, Who's to say that the same things that happened with earth, did not happen elsewhere... They could look like us, or extremely different. But that there is intelligent lifeforms elsewhere out there, I'm most definitely sure.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast