Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Boku no Hero Academia

What's a hero? For Izuku Midoriya, the answer to that question has always been simple: "Everything I want to be!" And who is the ultimate hero? Well, the legendary All Might, of course. All Might is the number one ranked hero and also the "Symbol of Peace" in the world. Not in his wildest dreams could Izuku have imagined that he would soon cross paths with his childhood hero...

In Boku no Hero Academia, status is governed by "Quirks"—unique superpowers which develop in childhood. But, unfortunately, hero otaku Midoriya "Deku" Izuku never had a Quirk. That is, until he met All Might, the greatest hero of all time.

Izuku's transformation from dreamer to superhero begins at Yuuei Academy, the top-ranked hero-training high school in Japan. Izuku is on cloud nine when he's accepted to this prestigious academy, especially when he finds out that All Might is one of the teachers. What surprises does this mighty academy offer? And will Izuku be able to keep up with his elite classmates?

Episode one

Episode one was decent. They got a pretty hype introduction and hinted away at everything possible in the OP, if you were looking for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I dare one of you to say this is One Punch Man.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

FlexGod (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    A friend of mine told me when he gets his power/quirk he's like "a mini-OPM", not sure what to make out of it.

One thing that stuck out to me was when his mom was putting the video for him, he was bobbing back and forth in an odd fashion. It looked like he had severe autism.

EDIT: I made a .gif of it. Didn't bother removing the subs.

Last edited by -Madara_Uchihă-; 04-06-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Hiding under my bed because i'm scared of the big red meanie
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Is this one punch man?

Nah but seriously I enjoyed the first episode, will definitely watch some more this season
    I'm Still young. Still growing. Still fucking up. Still perfecting myself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihă- View Post
    A friend of mine told me. . .
    I've read the manga, but please keep it spoiler friendly for those who haven't.

[spoiler= TITLE] Content [*/spoiler] -Remove the *

No, it's completely different. Deku has repercussions to his punches where as Saitama didn't. And it's not all one-hit KOs, it's more like every punch he throws breaks his arms and either renders him useless or the fight is finished.

Also, here is the .gif without the text.

Thanks
    stupid anime, wasted my time good job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    stupid anime, wasted my time good job.
    I never told you to watch it. Glad to see you can predict the next 12 episodes from the introduction though. Wish I could do that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    I've read the manga, but please keep it spoiler friendly for those who haven't.

[spoiler= TITLE] Content [*/spoiler] -Remove the *

No, it's completely different. Deku has repercussions to his punches where as Saitama didn't. And it's not all one-hit KOs, it's more like every punch he throws breaks his arms and either renders him useless or the fight is finished.

Also, here is the .gif without the text.

How is what I said a spoiler, yet you said the OP hinted at everything

Thanks

How is what I said a spoiler, yet you said the OP hinted at everything
    I suppose it's whatever. They'll be showing it next episode anyways.

Thanks
    I never told you to watch it. Glad to see you can predict the next 12 episodes from the introduction though. Wish I could do that.
    uh no, I'll tell you why it sucks. The child character, is too childish. It's not entertaining, It's nothing like xHunter for example. It's just a bad anime.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    uh no, I'll tell you why it sucks. The child character, is too childish. It's not entertaining, It's nothing like xHunter for example. It's just a bad anime.
    I know you're trolling but I got nothing else to do so I might as well play along.

What part of Deku makes him childish? The only thing we've seen him do thus far is the complete opposite of childish: He's chasing his dream despite the odds being highly against him. I'd call that ambition over anything else.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 04-06-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    A friend of mine told me when he gets his power/quirk he's like "a mini-OPM", not sure what to make out of it.

One thing that stuck out to me was when his mom was putting the video for him, he was bobbing back and forth in an odd fashion. It looked like he had severe autism.

EDIT: I made a .gif of it. Didn't bother removing the subs.

That's the average fan of Boku lol. Autism, his mom looking sad as she pulls up the video......

^Boku directly ripped off this movie. AllMight even looks like Kurt Russel.

- - - Updated - - -

What part of Deku makes him childish? The only thing we've seen him do thus far is the complete opposite of childish: He's chasing his dream despite the odds being highly against him. I'd call that ambition over anything else.
    >Has the power of the greatest hero in the series
    >Odds

Idk man, I think that's like saying naruto had to "train against the odds" past shippuden.

- - - Updated - - -

Like they give stuff like this in the manga:
    https://www.mangapand*****m/boku-no-hero-academia/37/3

But Deku was handed the strongest power in the series.
    (and no, calling them "quirks" doesn't change the fact that they are all just normal mutant powers).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    >Has the power of the greatest hero in the series
    >Odds

Idk man, I think that's like saying naruto had to "train against the odds" past shippuden.
    If we wanted to make this a manga discussion we should of just went through with that to begin with. The thing with Naruto, though, is that he never trained to gain full control of his power. He literally obtained it because "we're friends now". That shit's lame.

Yes, he was given an extremely over-powered quirk, and that was required. They're not going to make the main character the weakest of everyone and just do absolutely nothing. The only light I got from him being handed down said power was that he had to train to "activate it"(?) and even then he has no control over it, so he's basically destroying his arms.

If he was given the power and had perfect control right off the bat, I wouldn't even consider this series.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If we wanted to make this a manga discussion we should of just went through with that to begin with. The thing with Naruto, though, is that he never trained to gain full control of his power. He literally obtained it because "we're friends now". That shit's lame.

Yes, he was given an extremely over-powered quirk, and that was required. They're not going to make the main character the weakest of everyone and just do absolutely nothing. The only light I got from him being handed down said power was that he had to train to "activate it"(?) and even then he has no control over it, so he's basically destroying his arms.

If he was given the power and had perfect control right off the bat, I wouldn't even consider this series.
    I understand, but given he's in the generic-superpower world, having the best power is having the best odds.
    (also destroying arms is rather irrelevant given instant healing exist).

It's like Yusuke's spirit gun with only so many charges.
    ---------------------

Honestly my only issues with this series are the lack of a substantial villain, the lack of good action, and it ripping off the initial premise from Sky High so blatantly.

I don't mind the incredibly generic shonen as long as it's done well.

Thanks
    I understand, but given he's in the generic-superpower world, having the best power is having the best odds.
    (also destroying arms is rather irrelevant given instant healing exist).
    It's damn good odds for sure. Though, the instant healing still has a toll as well. It's up to debate on whether or not it even means anything(they said it still requires your strength so they have to do it in bursts depending on the damage dealt.)

Honestly my only issues with this series are the lack of a substantial villain, the lack of good action
    They have a villain, but the anime is only going to get the introduction. As for action, well, can't really argue that. There really hasn't been any. Only the more recent chapters have had anything major happen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Though, the instant healing still has a toll as well. It's up to debate on whether or not it even means anything(they said it still requires your strength so they have to do it in bursts depending on the damage dealt.)
    You're not understanding. It's a simple "so many times a day" skill. That's it.

They have a villain, but the anime is only going to get the introduction. As for action, well, can't really argue that. There really hasn't been any. Only the more recent chapters have had anything major happen.
    They really don't though......

I mean they have that Hand guy who has a "connection" to allmight and his group attacks freshmen, but outside of that.......eh. Not really any goals or objectives set out for the villain.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast