Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

My friend just killed himself...

To start off, no, not a post ban/birthday or any sort of troll thread. This actually happened. If you are here to just bitch about how i am "Just seeking for attention"or "Only here to get some compassion out of people for me", just go away and don't even bother commenting on this thread. I have no intention to do those things at all. Just want to create a sort of open thread where people can share thoughts/opinions/experiences etc. If you think I should post stuff like this on Facebook, I don't really like to publish this on social media, that makes you sort of attention seeking in my opinion. Talking about this anonymously would make it easier for me and make me feel somewhat better at the same time, since talking about it always helps.

So I knew this guy (will obviously not post his name for several reasons) from when I was around 10 years old (meaning 7 years now). He was a fairly good friend of mine. He was always really happy, and that guy that made you laugh. He didn't get picked on at school nor did he bully anyone. At home he didn't really have problems, his parents knew my parents very well (that's how we met in fact) and they don't put him under any pressure (what I'm trying to say is they didn't have unrealistic high experiences for shool grades). He didn't really have any problems in life, or at least he definitly knew how to hide them from the public. He was a great guy.

This morning, I got the message that yesterday evening, he hung himself. He died at the age of 17. I haven't asked his family anything of probable causes leading to this, the last thing I want to do is bother them with questions like this. But I'm just really surprised as well, this came out of nowhere... Well, you never really know what goes trough people's minds :/
    There's not really much I can say about it, it's just very weird that one day he's just being him, and the other day he's just gone... forever. I have lost several family members, but losing a friend frm school feels very different, and especially when they take their own life.

I'm just happy that you people took the time to read this and want to thank you all. I know this might not be the average thread on General, but I just wanted this off my heart without having to post this publicly on something like social media. If you have ever experienced anything like his, or want to share your thoughts, opinions or anything else, feel free to drop down a comment on the thread, and I will be more than happy to read it. If you want to turn this thread into a complete shitstorm, please, that is the last thing I want. Just try to avoid commenting than.

I wish you all the best of luck and a great day.

minion: 2019-yes
    minion+: 2020-2022
    inactive as shit sorry boys

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bodvar For This Useful Post:

Capital. (07-22-2016),greet1996 (07-21-2016),Silent (07-23-2016),Zubrila (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    This is really fucked up.
    No matter how happy a Person looks, dont forget that he always can wear a mask.
    He probably had a problem and no1 knew about it.

MPGH Member Level 1 May 2014
    MPGH Donator May 2015
    MPGH Premium Member December 2015
    MPGH News Force Interviewer July 2016 - October 2017
    MPGH Member Level 2 August 2016
    MPGH Premium Seller March 2017
    MPGH Dave's Ballsack Rag - Unknown
    MPGH Realm of the Mad God Minion December 2017 - December 2018

Thanks
    May his soul rest in peace.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaro View Post
    This is really fucked up.
    No matter how happy a Person looks, dont forget that he always can wear a mask.
    He probably had a problem and no1 knew about it.
    Yeah it just feels so terrible that he didn't want to talk about it to the public :/
    Imagine how much it could've changed if he just sat down with his parents and explained all that was making him feel so bad

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bodvar For This Useful Post:

Nyaro (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    RIP man. suicide is not the way but looks like he needed some help

Thanks
    That sucks ass, man. Thoughts and prayers out to friends and family, may his soul rest in peace.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    R.I.P to your friend.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    It's sad people hide their mental issues, due to stigma. Talking about it and letting your friends help you is what they're for, but people hate the term "Mental Illness" / "Depression" / etc, that unlike physical issues, hide it for everyone until one day they just can't take it and make a hasty stupid decision. RIP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bödvar View Post

Why are you here if you're just going to make comments like this. Seriously, just keep off my thread if you're going to act like this.
    Took care of that downy fuck, extra long. I was soooooooo close to permabanning him.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

Ace (07-22-2016),Ally (07-21-2016),Bodvar (07-21-2016),Dylan (07-22-2016),[MPGH]Flengo (07-21-2016),john8734 (07-22-2016),Josh (07-21-2016),Lightning (07-22-2016),[MPGH]meme (07-22-2016),Nyaro (07-22-2016),Silent (07-23-2016),Stack (07-21-2016),Yemiez (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Sorry about your friend but I can probably feel what he was going through. You/I can only hold the depression back for so long and there comes a point where you cannot help yourself. I personally am at the breaking point but we will see if I make it out to the other side or end up like your friend. However I really hope you get through this difficult time and i wish the best to his family,
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

Zubrila (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Sorry about your friend but I can probably feel what he was going through. You/I can only hold the depression back for so long and there comes a point where you cannot help yourself. I personally am at the breaking point but we will see if I make it out to the other side or end up like your friend. However I really hope you get through this difficult time and i wish the best to his family,
    If you are in a serious depression, definitly consider talking to someone. A close friend, parents, or call to one of these hotlines (i'm sure that there are hotlines for this in the US), they really have some good advice.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Bödvar View Post

If you are in a serious depression, definitly consider talking to someone. A close friend, parents, or call to one of these hotlines (i'm sure that there are hotlines for this in the US), they really have some good advice.
    I tried that already, I think like a 1 year ago there was a user who posted a hotline for this kind of situations but in the end I feel like it didn't help at all however I am still glad that it helps some people.

However don't worry about me. If I am suppose to get through it I will otherwise it's not like life rainbows and candy.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Logging on my alt while I'm banned to say this.
    Everyone has a hardship story, no matter how much you have the guts out of that bully, or that spoiled brat, everyone has had hard times. Everyone has a story.

Your part about "He didn't really have any problems in life, or at least he definit[e]ly knew how to hide them from the public." touched me. When you see someone all happy at school, he may as well be heavily depressed at home. There comes a point where someone can't take it anymore, whether it's family issues or what.

I believe this is a crazy coincidence, or a message by God for you, but this song went on autoplay as I was typing; Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One

Remember to never take for granted anyone. They may leave like your friend at any time...

Rest in piece to your friend Bödvar.

And sometimes people think suicide is a selfish thing. It may be, personally I don't think it is. It can be helped, but sometimes life is just too hard, hard to the point you'd rather end it all.

♫I know I'm not the only one ♫

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ascroutwill_1 For This Useful Post:

Bodvar (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ascroutwill_1 View Post
    Logging on my alt while I'm banned to say this.
    Everyone has a hardship story, no matter how much you have the guts out of that bully, or that spoiled brat, everyone has had hard times. Everyone has a story.

Your part about "He didn't really have any problems in life, or at least he definit[e]ly knew how to hide them from the public." touched me. When you see someone all happy at school, he may as well be heavily depressed at home. There comes a point where someone can't take it anymore, whether it's family issues or what.

I believe this is a crazy coincidence, or a message by God for you, but this song went on autoplay as I was typing; Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One

Remember to never take for granted anyone. They may leave like your friend at any time...

Rest in piece to your friend Bödvar.

And sometimes people think suicide is a selfish thing. It may be, personally I don't think it is. It can be helped, but sometimes life is just too hard, hard to the point you'd rather end it all.

♫I know I'm not the only one ♫
    People say its a selfish/cowardly act because its taking your own pains and hurt and putting it on your family and friends which is true but no one is thinking straight when in the mind set of killing themselves anyways.
    CLICK ON THE BANNER TO GET EMPLOYED

MPGH'S EMPLOYER

$250/Month Copywriter

$300/Month web Developer

$400/Month Web Developer W/ SEO Knowledge

$400/Month Marketing/ADs Head

$500/month Software Developer

$600/month Coder proficient with AI

$600/month IOS Developer

$500-$800 / month. Leader / Business Management to help manage overall operations.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Employer For This Useful Post:

ascroutwill_1 (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Rest in piece you're friend

Premium Member 22/4/16
    Steam Minion 22/12/2017
    OFPS Minion 5/2/2019
    MMO Minion 5/2/2019
    Minion+ 5/2/2019
    Mod 8/11/2020